MURTHA UNDER ETHICS INVESTIGATION?

Tigermike

Channoc, Tex or Al, how many Democrats are being investigated now?

Is the House Ethics Committee is actively investigating John Murtha’s wheeling and dealing with Paul Magliocchetti Associates, or PMA, his favored lobbyists?

Is Murtha dead meat as a House leader of any sort? Could there be a of a full Justice Department investigation? It seems the BEST Murtha can expect is to be censored by the House of Representatives and stripped of his soon-to-be chairmanship of Defense Appropriations. Supposedly it was only after the removal of Congressman Mollohan -- ranking Democrat on the Ethics Committee and CLOSE friend of Murtha -- that the Committee was able to go forward with an investigation. Mollohan is under investigation on corruption charges.

Speaker-elect Pelosi and Majority Leader-elect Hoyer are aware of what is happening, but it is not known if they are actively involved in uncovering Murtha’s corruption. Given Pelosi’s close relationship with Murtha (she openly supported Murtha’s bid for Majority leader), this certainly raises questions about her covering for Murtha’s dirty dealings?

I haven't been hearing anything about this in any of the MSM, is there anything to it?

link

link

Rep. Alan Mollohan, D-W.Va., is on the House Appropriations Committee and wants to head the subcommittee that controls FBI funding. No other Democrat seeks the position. But Mr. Mollohan himself is the target of a bureau probe. Bloomberg News reports allegations that "nonprofits have benefited from 'earmarks,' specific projects inserted by lawmakers into spending measures, that Mollohan secured. Mollohan, in turn, received campaign donations and gifts to his family charity from the nonprofits or their employees."

Mr. Mollohan stepped down from the House Ethics Committee last spring when news of the investigation broke. It's preposterous that he would be named to chair the subcommittee that oversees the FBI budget until his name is cleared.

link

link

I got this sent to me this morning via e-mail from one of the veteran's organizations I am a member of. They were loving it. Murtha has basically made himself the sworn enemy of most veterans groups because of the crap he spews. He even blamed veterans groups for narrowing his margin of victory in his recent re-election.

Hang him! I'll volunteer to kick the stool out from under his feet.

Archived