Auburn football

GalensGhost

If this has already been done, somebody nuke this thread and pretend it didn't happen.

Ground rules:

1) Starting from 1 and going to 99, list your favorite Auburn players to wear each number.

2) One number per post.

3) No back-to-back posts. You can't post your favorites for #4 and then do #5 right after it.

4) Once we get all the way to 99, we can start over.

5) To start over and do #1, you have to reply to the original post for the #1 and name a different player. Exceptions to this rule can be made for some retired numbers.

My next post will start the thread (thus violating the no back-to-back policy immediately, but only because this is the first instance).

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#4 Chris Shelling Started at corner and safety

1994 LSU game he made 18 tackles and a

fumble recovery for a touchdown = SEC Player of the Week.

Didn't a pretty good safety also wear #4 in 2004? That would have been too easy.

#6 Lionel James

One of the best running backs to wear the orange and blue, but was overshadowed literally and figuratively by some other guy who will no doubt be named later...

#8 Gabe Gross??

Didn't Gabe Gross wear #8?

#22. You're suggestion will be stricken from the record. As will this post, I suppose.

#10 - Tray Blackmon

Although he has only played 1/2 of a season, I love the guy. If he keeps his nose clean, he may be one of the best we've had.

Since I'm tired of waiting to get to #14

#13 Punter Patrick Martyn, man he looked good on the sideline this year

17 - Jason Campbell, one of the best comeback stories I've ever seen adn one of the most stand up guys I've seen.

#18 Alexander Wright

Receiver with world-class speed. Holds AU record of receiving yards and TDs in a game vs. Pacific in 1989. Had two key long receptions in AU's victory over UAT in 1989.

Future Star but officially listed on the roster...

#19 Neil Caudle

I can't wait to see who gets 23 tough choice ahead.

#20 Joe Cribbs

Joe Stanier Cribbs (born January 5, 1958 in Sulligent, Alabama) is a retired NFL and USFL football running back. He played collegiately at Auburn University along with future NFL backs William Andrews and James Brooks. He began his professional career in 1980 with the Buffalo Bills.

After being drafted in the second round of the 1980 NFL Draft, Cribbs went on to start all 16 games of his rookie year with Buffalo, finishing with 1185 rushing yards and 11 touchdowns. His performance earned him consensus AFC Rookie of the Year honors and a spot in the Pro Bowl, the only rookie chosen as a starter that year. In five seasons with the team, split around a detour with the USFL, Cribbs had 13 100-yard games and ran for 1,000 yards in a season three times.

Archived