Kerry Murphy visiting...

TitanTiger

...the U. According to Rivals, 4-star Bama commit Kerry Murphy from Hoover is taking a surprise visit to Miami this weekend. He says he's still an Alabama commitment but, "I'm going just to see what it's like at Miami, and it's still a possibility I'll commit there."

He's going to wait until Signing Day to announce his final decision.

He'd be demoted to a two star by rivals and the bammar nation would claim they never liked the kid and that he's a thug.

I love this, there are a lot of similarities between this story and chapman. Miami fans should be posting that the kid is a lock and that they're new coach is 10x anything that saban ever dreamed of being.

How many times have you guys been through a recruiting season in this state?

This possibly means that Chapman will be coming to Auburn, and Corley must be going to LSU.

That way, they can have someone ala Andre Smith make a big deal on signing day and make it look like Bama made some kind of big recruitig coup over a perinnial power in the U.

How many times have you guys been through a recruiting season in this state?

This possibly means that Chapman will be coming to Auburn, and Corley must be going to LSU.

That way, they can have someone ala Andre Smith make a big deal on signing day and make it look like Bama made some kind of big recruitig coup over a perinnial power in the U.

Brilliant deduction. Brilliant! Murphy was their claim to fame all along. Saban was hailed as the best recruiter of this generation because he was able to seduce a kid who intended to go to Alabama from the word go. By allowing their most secure verbal to make a sham visit, they can fraudulently prop up Saban's rep. A rep which, let's be honest here, is more smoke than mirror. And I'm sure the thinking is that when Saban "reels this kid back in" everybody will forget about his remarkably classless "coonass" comments.

You know, if the Bama folks would spend half as much energy trying to do things the right way as they do trying to develop devious plots they might actually be able to compete. But there's just too much Snidely Whiplash in them.

Hey BG - is Sabear going to pull his scholly? :poke:

:roflol:

It's funny when high and mighty words come back to bite you in the butt.

I love the hipocrasy(sp) of it all. There is no way in hell the you shop we shop applies to Murphy, but whenthey are "trying to run people off" or "a kid wasn't good enough to play for the tahd" or was a "thug" or just happened to be recuited by the former coach(Marve). It is ok to ignore them or force them out. It reminds me of the wishy washy bs they pulled with Juwan's suspension. One of those didnt want to hurt the team decisions...

What the Tahd never learns is that these kinds of things hurt the program more than anything Juwan, Kerry Murphy, or any other thing is. You cant keep letting things slide without holding on to some kind of values.

I do not know what Murphy's intentions are, (There is a Super Bowl in Miami this weekend) but I certainly hope he remains committed.

You shop, we shop, is not the same as pulling someone's offer. Pulling offers when you visit elsewhere is Les Miles's policy rather than Saban's policy. So I do not see the hypocricy charge sticking in this instance.

Bama probably doesn't devise nearly as many, or any, devious plots. I think others like to look for conspiracy theories and black helicopters.

I know you'll disagree, but that's what you're supposed to do.

I do not know what Murphy's intentions are, (There is a Super Bowl in Miami this weekend) but I certainly hope he remains committed.

You shop, we shop, is not the same as pulling someone's offer. Pulling offers when you visit elsewhere is Les Miles's policy rather than Saban's policy. So I do not see the hypocricy charge sticking in this instance.

Bama probably doesn't devise nearly as many, or any, devious plots. I think others like to look for conspiracy theories and black helicopters.

I know you'll disagree, but that's what you're supposed to do.

Sorry possum - this was a jab at BG's rationale over the Marve situation.

Marve Thread

No big deal.

I am actually beginning to tire with the recruiting thing this season. For the last three or four years I have followed this stuff closely. My friends are constantly asking me, "Who got who today?" I am beginning to think that I am part of the problem rather than the solution. If I, and a bunch of other folks, stopped following the actions of 17 and 18 year olds, it would end this prima donna stuff.

It used to bother me when a kid decommitted or committed elsewhere. I just don't let it bother me now.

I was a little excited to hear today that the report on Noel Devine dropping Bama was false, but after seeing his ACT score, I don't think it will matter. He could be the next Mike Ford. Capable of raising a recruit class ranking in a single bound, yet unable to help on the field where it counts.

Pulling offers when you visit elsewhere is Les Miles's policy rather than Saban's policy.

Possibly splitting hairs needlessly here, and I don't know myself or I wouldn't ask, but: Did Miles pull the scholarship because of the visit, or because the kid lied to him about the visit?

No big deal.

I am actually beginning to tire with the recruiting thing this season. For the last three or four years I have followed this stuff closely. My friends are constantly asking me, "Who got who today?" I am beginning to think that I am part of the problem rather than the solution. If I, and a bunch of other folks, stopped following the actions of 17 and 18 year olds, it would end this prima donna stuff.

It used to bother me when a kid decommitted or committed elsewhere. I just don't let it bother me now.

I was a little excited to hear today that the report on Noel Devine dropping Bama was false, but after seeing his ACT score, I don't think it will matter. He could be the next Mike Ford. Capable of raising a recruit class ranking in a single bound, yet unable to help on the field where it counts.

Amen Possum. I grow tired of it quickly. It's like waiting for sixteen year old spoiled girls pick out prom dresses. Who knows if they'll still be skinny enough on prom night to squeeze into their pick....

If reports about Murphy's academic eligibility or lack thereof are true, it would seem reasonable that Bama wouldn't want to waste a scholly on somone who couldn't come in and contribute immediately given the limitations imposed by probation. IF he chooses Miami or another school, that could be the real reason behind it. This day and time only a very successful school with a solid foundation and winning program can allow several SAP people without it having a negative impact on their program. JMHO :au:

Sorry aumd03, I had to modify your post. I don't think highschool girls are the ones with the problem.

Quote aumdo3:

Amen Possum. I grow tired of it quickly. It's like waiting for sixteen year old spoiled girls your fiancee to pick out prom her wedding dresses. Who knows if they'll still be skinny enough on promanniversary night to squeeze into their pick....

If reports about Murphy's academic eligibility or lack thereof are true, it would seem reasonable that Bama wouldn't want to waste a scholly on somone who couldn't come in and contribute immediately given the limitations imposed by probation. IF he chooses Miami or another school, that could be the real reason behind it. This day and time only a very successful school with a solid foundation and winning program can allow several SAP people without it having a negative impact on their program. JMHO :au:

I see it the same way.....Bama might've pulled his Scholly, who knows? But I hope he goes to the U and I hope Noel goes to FSU, regardless if they'll ever play a down or not, I just don't want to see

all those Smirky Faces at work Thur. saying Look At Our Class WE signed.......Jeff Davis has us

at Number 1 in Recruiting classes and yall are 119th, "We're Back In The Driver's Seat"....Blah Blah Blah.

I see it the same way.....Bama might've pulled his Scholly, who knows? But I hope he goes to the U and I hope Noel goes to FSU, regardless if they'll ever play a down or not, I just don't want to see

all those Smirky Faces at work Thur. saying Look At Our Class WE signed.......Jeff Davis has us

at Number 1 in Recruiting classes and yall are 119th, "We're Back In The Driver's Seat"....Blah Blah Blah.

If Auburn signed every player on the Chicago Bears and Indianapolis Colts roster and Bama signed Steve Urkel and Richard Simmons, you'd still hear exactly the same thing in exactly the same manner so I don't know that it matters. Delusion is delusion, facts have nothing to do with it.

If Auburn signed every player on the Chicago Bears and Indianapolis Colts roster and Bama signed Steve Urkel and Richard Simmons, you'd still hear exactly the same thing in exactly the same manner so I don't know that it matters. Delusion is delusion, facts have nothing to do with it.

Richard Simmons, that's a good one. He could probably start at tight end for them, no pun intended.

Richard Simmons, that's a good one. He could probably start at tight end for them, no pun intended.

More likely wide receiver...

I beg to differ on this one. I think Richard would definitely be s Split End :moon:

I beg to differ on this one. I think Richard would definitely be s Split End :moon:

Maybe a FULL back or UP back. :P

NBC13 News at 10 just reported that Kerry Murphy is a heavy lean to Miami after his visit this weekend stating he was "blown away" with his visit.

NBC13 News at 10 just reported that Kerry Murphy is a heavy lean to Miami after his visit this weekend stating he was "blown away" with his visit.

I'm supressing laughter at the moment.

I can't supress mine...hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe :big::big::thumbsup::cheer:

Archived