Chavis Williams to Bama

TitanTiger

3-star DE/LB from Dora, AL. Had been an Arky commit but wanted an offer from Auburn or Bama. Bama offered and we've yet to do so. According to his mom he grew up cheering for AU so I'm sad that we didn't offer him. Hopefully that means we have another possibility we like better.

Good pick up for them. He is a lot like A. Carter. A little lean but quick of the line.

This could also mean that Sabear has heard the rumblings about S. Corley to UT?

More likely about Brown.

Brown is probably going to Clemson if he doesn't go to Bama. Tommy Bowden went to church with Brown and his mom and showed them that he was a man of faith. Brown's momma really liked that.

I'm hearing alot of good things about his visit to LSU. LSU's Mobile pipeline is at it again. :thumbsup:

Honestly, you guys should have just offered Peters a scholarship. He's as good (if not better) than Corley and doesn't carry all the extra baggage you'll eventually see.

Getting back to Chavis Williams, I have seen him play and he is a very good football player. He moves good in traffic and doesn't seem to take a couple of plays off. Like others have said, he is small for DE at this point. If Bama has the depth at that position a red shirt year in the weight room and training table would definitely help him. But then again he could get some playing time on special teams. At 6-5/220/4.60 he is not exactly tiny.

I predict this one will be a very good one for Bama. One of those that we may very well look back on 2-3 yrs from now and say: "Why in the h*** didn't we offer that guy?" (i.e. Reggie Ball, Phillip Rivers, etc.)

But, there will always be somebody that we will say that about. That's just the nature of recruiting. All in all, it looks like we are doing very well with the D.E. pos. and overall. Hopefully, we're going to even add another and a great L.B. too!

Archived