Who does AU get on signing day?

WAR-MATT

How many places/schollies do we still have free, anyway? I know it's kind of hard to predict "sign & place"-ers.

We will sign as many of these guys that we can and let the #'s work themselves out.

Here is the sign and place guys.

Jermaine Johnson

Tim Lamb

Jonnie Dixon

Nick Fairley

Based upon my latest snooping, I believe we wind up with:

Bynes

Paul

Carter and possibly Gibson although he seems to be Bammer's to lose. We could end up with DJ Stafford if Mom presses him to stay closer to home which is a good possibility. I would want to be able to watch my child play and UK is not on TV that much. IF we could get these, and keep the ones we got, :cheer::au: it would be a record class.

Based upon my latest snooping, I believe we wind up with:

Bynes

Paul

Carter and possibly Gibson although he seems to be Bammer's to lose. We could end up with DJ Stafford if Mom presses him to stay closer to home which is a good possibility. I would want to be able to watch my child play and UK is not on TV that much. IF we could get these, and keep the ones we got, :cheer::au: it would be a record class.

I'm not being that guy, but D.J. Stafford isn't coming to AU unless something drastic happens.

I've heard (by word of mouth) that Stafford has some troubles to work out. I think the Auburn coaches have been taking a backseat when it comes to him.

Gibson has gone from a Bama lock to 50-50. :gofig:

Gibson was in tuscaloosa this weekend and he took his official to Alabama 3 weeks ago.

Maybe he left something there and decided to pick it up since he wasn't going back.

Gibson was in tuscaloosa this weekend and he took his official to Alabama 3 weeks ago.

Maybe he left something there and decided to pick it up since he wasn't going back.

^^ lol

I know BG - but he has stayed in constant contact with the AU coaches. Not just the coaches calling him, him calling the coaches.

As early as this past Monday, I thought he was a silent commit to you guys. But now I think it's 50-50.

And if he is such a Bama lean and I know he is there this weekend, why doesn't he go ahead and commit? He doesn't know where he wants to go yet and that’s good for AU.

I know BG - but he has stayed in constant contact with the AU coaches. Not just the coaches calling him, him calling the coaches.

As early as this past Monday, I thought he was a silent commit to you guys. But now I think it's 50-50.

And if he is such a Bama lean and I know he is there this weekend, why doesn't he go ahead and commit? He doesn't know where he wants to go yet and that’s good for AU.

He has said all along he likes the process. He has also told anyone who would listen that he's a bama lock.

I just think it's quite telling. The weekend before signing day, he drives up from Mobile to hang out in Tuscaloosa...when his official visit was a long time ago. You don't do that unless you are set on that team.

He has said all along he likes the process. He has also told anyone who would listen that he's a bama lock.

I just think it's quite telling. The weekend before signing day, he drives up from Mobile to hang out in Tuscaloosa...when his official visit was a long time ago. You don't do that unless you are set on that team.

No doubt and I think you guys end up with him. But Tubs and staff made it a lot more intresting than some thought.

You may well be right. He may may well ink with UAT. But, I don't think it was as obvious or as "fully committed" of a commit that we all thought was about to happen. I believe he must be still considering AU and early on, I thought that he would have committed to UAT by now.

I think if he looks at the offenses and his potential, his better opportunity is at AU. But, I can understand him going to where his heart is. I mean, if the kid grew up a Bammer, can't blame him.

Archived