Chapman a "man of his word"

BAMMERPERRY

I believe a highly underrated offering is the Whatchamacallit. Highly recommended. Peanut flavored crispy things (always a plus when there is something unidentifiable in your food), caramel, and chocolate.

I concur.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Luckily this thread was saved from the Woodshed thanks to good old fashioned American gluttony. But, i could still get ugly if someone tries to shake their laffy taffy in my face.

Laffy Taffy is good, but the jokes they come wrapped in suck.

Yeah right!!! How do you think SNL gets their ideas?!?!?! I <3 Resse's Easter Egg's. They only come around once a year though. :(

Do you all prefer Tangy Taffy with or without sprinkles?

And since we have ventured into the NON chocolate arena...Skittles is the greatest candy conceived by man.

When you eat a Baby Ruth, you have to look at it, scream "DOODIE!!!!", smell the candy bar and finally say "It's OK!" ala Caddyshack. Ain't nothin' finer! :P

Have you noticed that the Baby Ruth is disappearing from the candy shelves? My favorite when my wife isn't watching.

I'm a simple kind of guy when it comes to candy bars: 3 Musketeers....just chocolate (like New Orleans) and Nouget (spelling).

You guys do not know a candy bar when you see one.... forget all the american candy bars. Whenever you're around a store that import foreign candy then try:

- Bounty

- Lion Bar

- Cadbouri

- British Kit Kat

Does anyone remember the "Bar-None" candy bars? Many late night munchie fests are now coming back to me.

Zero bars rock. :dance:

Other favorites of Le Opposum:

1. Whatchamacallit

2. Nutrageous

3. Willy Wonka Bar- The one with the graham cracker pieces

4. Hersheys Special Dark

Not candy bars, but awesome none the less:

1. Hershey Kisses Truffles

2. Ferra Roche (or however you spell it)

3. Reeses Pieces

4. Petit fours...Too bad you usually have to be at a wedding reception to get them.

5. Baclavas

6. Smores

Honorable mention:

1. Chick-O-Stick

2. Peach Gummies

3. Those multi-colored coconut bars in the snack machine from Lance.

4. Big texas cinnamon rolls

Zero bars rock. :dance:

Other favorites of Le Opposum:

1. Whatchamacallit

2. Nutrageous

3. Willy Wonka Bar- The one with the graham cracker pieces

4. Hersheys Special Dark

Not candy bars, but awesome none the less:

1. Hershey Kisses Truffles

2. Ferra Roche (or however you spell it)

3. Reeses Pieces

4. Petit fours...Too bad you usually have to be at a wedding reception to get them.

5. Baclavas

6. Smores

Honorable mention:

1. Chick-O-Stick

2. Peach Gummies

3. Those multi-colored coconut bars in the snack machine from Lance.

4. Big texas cinnamon rolls

You like snacks a little bit, Possum?

Not all at one time, but sweets are awesome.

I limit myself to one sweet per day, but I must have them.

I have 5 Hershey Kisses Truffles lined up beside the keyboard right now. I will slowly melt them in my mouth one at a time over the next hour. I work hard. I deserve sweets.

(Edit) Make that 4 truffles. One didn't make it to the end of the post.

American Candy Bars:

Nutrageous!

British Candy

Anything Cadbury Chocolate!

Licorice whips - sour apple

ANY Belgian chocolate will do nicely! - Or if in a pinch - Godiva Chocolates.

Hint, hint..... TigerDad!

American Candy Bars:

Nutrageous!

British Candy

Anything Cadbury Chocolate!

Licorice whips - sour apple

ANY Belgian chocolate will do nicely! - Or if in a pinch - Godiva Chocolates.

Hint, hint..... TigerDad!

wth ever happened to 5th avenues??? i never see them down here anymore, nor nutrageous. if you haven't tried a reese's fast break you should.... B)

Zero bars were my favorite growing up and I still love white chocolate.

What ever happened to Marathon Bars? I loved them too, but now they are kaput.

tell me more about these big texas cinnamon things....

also:

no love for the twix bar? especially the peanut butter twix bars?

finally: i'm convinced nougat is a made up word just for fun.

tell me more about these big texas cinnamon things....

also:

no love for the twix bar? especially the peanut butter twix bars?

finally: i'm convinced nougat is a made up word just for fun.

It is a fun word to say.

I think that if we're going to have a thread about candy bars, we had better just include all candy and not just the bars.

Hershey's is the original. I mean, how can you go wrong with good ole milk chocolate Hersheys or better yet, dark chocolate.

Of course, the stepchild of the world-famous Hershey bar, the Hershey Kiss, has in itself, become world-famous. These babies are a nice treat, quite tasty.

Mars' alternative to the miniature hershey kiss is the M&M. Mmm, my favorite small candy. Another, world-famous candy. I like to separate the colors like in Wayne's World Two. Mostly just orange and blue.

The Milky Way is an interesting bar, but it is paired best with homemade ice cream. Homemade Milky Way Ice Cream has been a staple of my family's summer cookouts for decades.

Anyone remember the Whatchamacallit? Yeah, I never ate one but I remember the stupid commercials.

Three Musketeers are one of my favorites, and they're one of the most healthy. But Probably my favorite candy bar has to be MOUNDS. YES! Coconut and Chocolate is superb! Its cousin Almond Joy isn't too bad either, especially when paired with Orange drink.

Ryan

BG, M&Ms are just a candy bar that has been conveniently pre-reduced to bites for you.

I LOVE Cadbury Eggs, but my mom refuses to buy them for me - she says the insides look too much like a real raw egg. I like to bite one end off and suck out the raw egg stuff, then eat the chocolate by itself... yum!

I was in London just before Easter one year, and brought back all kinds of Cadbury Chocolate stuff for the family - it is the best British Export IMO!

I like Banana Laffy Taffy - the other flavors are okay. Remember when it used to be called "Bykes Taffy"?

I am with you on the Cadburry eggs Jenny. My wife will leave the room when I start eating one though for the same reasons as your mom. The caramel eggs are very good also, but nothing beats the Peeps at Easter time.

Guest BoStillKnows

Mars Almond Bars were good. I don't know if they are still around or not.

Not a candy bar...but Pixie Stix were big when I was a kid hanging around the ball park...and NECCO wafers...and there were these little, crispy, peanut butter flavored things with stripes...what were they called?

Archived