Post on TI...

DKW 86

My conversation with a rabid LSU fan about recruiting this morning.......... JimL 2007-02-08 12:36:51

He told me Miles was a great recruiter. He got the top two players from Alabama. He told me that LSU wouldn't pay McKnight, but USC would. I replied that he shouldn't be talking about others paying players, considering what went down with Sidell Corley. He got quiet for a moment, which is very unusual for a Tigahs fan.

Then he asked me if I'd heard Less Miles accusing us of paying players. I told him I heard Less accuse us of playing hardball, and that if Less was afraid of hardball, he should go coach at Centenary.

Then he asked me if I'd heard Less call us "$%#@ing Alabama". I told him other teams hating Alabama had been a part of my life for most of my 47 years, and that he'd better get used to it, because we'd be giving him a hell of a lot more to hate before too much longer.

The most surprising thing to me was how confident I felt when sending his trash back to him C.O.D., and how almost meek he sounded just taking it. They know it's coming. They know. You want to know the best thing about hiring Nick Saban? It's not the recruiting. It's not the excellent coaching. It's the fear in the eyes, voices, and faces of our opponents. I consume it like oxygen.

Auburn and LSU just signed MONSTER recruiting classes. Both teams will be LOADED for the foreseeable future. And the bammers think we're scared? I say bring it on!!! Let's play today!

That will be the only thing that will shut these clowns up. What they are terrified of is that they will have spent four million dollars to tote a sixth straight butt whipping home after the Iron Bowl!

What gets me is anytime a crack is made about uat paying players, they always shoot back with "Well, you have no room to talk because of this or that." Using their logic, Auburn and LSU aren't allowed to laugh because we were on probation at some point in time. In reality (as in the real world, not some turd delusion), we DO have room to talk because they are the ones who are 4 days removed from their last probation as smoke is still billowing from the crapstone.

Buddy, it ain't fear you see in our eyes, faces, and voices. Its ashonishment. The rest of the world that has the misfortune of living in the vicinity near anything associated with Alabama football (which is basically 2/3 of the state of Alabama and the southern portions of Mississippi and Louisiana these days) is amazed and befuddled at your worshiping of Saban as if he was Jesus Christ. Your supreme arrogance is displayed boldly when your program has had very little to brag about in the past 10 years. For over 25 years, you've looked up at your main rivals, but you don't think twice about dog cussing them and calling them "beneath" you. Your program has been disgraced repeatedly with a string of shameful scandals and dishonest occurances, and somehow that gives you a badge of honor. As the number of people who could speak anything intelligent about the Bear dwindle, you reincarnate him, loaded with your misconceptions and delusions, as whoever your newly hired coach is. Even if a coach accidentally landed at uat and equaled the success of the "mighty Bear," the world knows his tenure there won't last long because he wouldn't live up to the legacy generated by crazed fans. For this, everyone stares at you in amazement, not fear. Then we laugh.

Man, I couldn't disagree more. Great coaching that helped improve the miami dolphins. Great coaching that led to a home loss against UAB with clearly superior talent. I've never thought Saban was a great coach. He's a great recruiter yes. But he relies on having better talent than everyone else. Let's not forget he had some great assts at LSU. We'll see how he does when he's dealt a hand of inferior talent to other schools. Great coaches overcome that. Somehow, with his track record, I doubt he will.

Man, I couldn't disagree more. Great coaching that helped improve the miami dolphins. Great coaching that led to a home loss against UAB with clearly superior talent. I've never thought Saban was a great coach. He's a great recruiter yes. But he relies on having better talent than everyone else. Let's not forget he had some great assts at LSU. We'll see how he does when he's dealt a hand of inferior talent to other schools. Great coaches overcome that. Somehow, with his track record, I doubt he will.

I'm with you, Doc. Saban had one year at LSU where he didn't lose his usual 3 games. Perhaps he would have had some more championships at LSU had he stayed, but he didn't. He parlayed his most recent success at LSU into a top paying HC job at one of the most desirable NFL franchises. Where was the great coaching on display at Miami? When he has the same or lessor talent as other teams he appears to be middle of the road average. This guy is nothing more than a slimmed-down version of Phil Fulmer. B)

My conversation with a rabid LSU fan about recruiting this morning.......... JimL 2007-02-08 12:36:51

He told me Miles was a great recruiter. He got the top two players from Alabama. He told me that LSU wouldn't pay McKnight, but USC would. I replied that he shouldn't be talking about others paying players, considering what went down with Sidell Corley. He got quiet for a moment, which is very unusual for a Tigahs fan.

Then he asked me if I'd heard Less Miles accusing us of paying players. I told him I heard Less accuse us of playing hardball, and that if Less was afraid of hardball, he should go coach at Centenary.

Then he asked me if I'd heard Less call us "$%#@ing Alabama". I told him other teams hating Alabama had been a part of my life for most of my 47 years, and that he'd better get used to it, because we'd be giving him a hell of a lot more to hate before too much longer.

The most surprising thing to me was how confident I felt when sending his trash back to him C.O.D., and how almost meek he sounded just taking it. They know it's coming. They know. You want to know the best thing about hiring Nick Saban? It's not the recruiting. It's not the excellent coaching. It's the fear in the eyes, voices, and faces of our opponents. I consume it like oxygen.

:lol: Kool Aid now comes in the new CRACK flavor!!!

:au::homer:

Someone posted this crap on the UGA board.

Story is a big old internet rumor/lie.

LSU fans just mad Joe didn't choose them.

Well, I got it from TI, secondhand.

Archived