No Sex In The City?

Tigermike

At first I thought this was a hoax or a parody, it just seems so strange. But it's not. What does avoiding sex, indifference and not talking to your wife have to do with domestic violence?

Jealous husbands may face trial in court

MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Mexican men who display extreme jealousy or avoid sex with their wives could be tried in court and punished under a new law, the special prosecutor for crimes against women told a local newspaper on Friday.

Men who phone their wives every half hour to check up on them, constantly suspect them of infidelity or try to control the way they dress are committing the crime of jealousy, special prosecutor Alicia Elena Perez Duarte told Excelsior newspaper.

Those who stop talking to their wives, avoid sex or try to convince suspicious spouses they are "crazy" even if they are caught red-handed having an affair, are guilty of indifference, she said.

Men found guilty of jealousy or indifference could face up to five years in prison, the newspaper said. Mexico's individual states will determine the punishments, it said.

The progressive new law was passed this month to protect women from domestic violence.

In Mexico, about 75 percent of all murdered women are killed by their husbands, Perez Duarte said.

"If we do not stop this from the beginning, it turns into beatings, and the beatings turn into more beatings and rape, until it gets out of hand, and whoops, she died," she told the paper.

Perez Duarte said the law would be a weapon that women could employ to level the playing field with abusive men.

"Men ought not to feel discriminated against," she told Excelsior.

Perez Duarte said indifference, jealousy or lack of love were crimes against women just as much as physical violence.

"Jealousy produces a particular type of stress in the person that comes up against it," she said. "It is exactly the same. They are wounds, psychological scars identical to physical scars."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070226/od_nm/mexico_husbands_dc

The progressive new law was passed this month to protect women from domestic violence.

In Mexico, about 75 percent of all murdered women are killed by their husbands, Perez Duarte said.

What the heck is progressive about the govt meddling in your life?

Since most people are murdered by those that know them, it would only follow that spouses would be the most likely candidate for Murder.

Since most people are murdered by those that know them, it would only follow that spouses would be the most likely candidate for Murder.

How does this differ from the policy of preemption? I'm surprised that you're not all for this.

How does this differ from the policy of preemption? I'm surprised that you're not all for this.

How would this relate to pre-emption? because it is said to stop abuse? I beg to differ. The abuse would just escalate faster under these laws. Why not just beat her or kill her if she is going to put you in jail. Logic doesnt work with the criminal mind.

So, I'm just trying to figure out if you suspect your wife may be cheating on you, how exactly do you avoid jail time?

Show concern and you guilty of jealousy. Show none and you're guilty of indifference.

It seems according to this article, you'd just better hope more than usual that your wife is faithful or else you're stuck in a lose/lose situation. What it boils down to is the men are being charged for their wives' crimes of infidelity.

How would this relate to pre-emption? because it is said to stop abuse? I beg to differ. The abuse would just escalate faster under these laws. Why not just beat her or kill her if she is going to put you in jail. Logic doesnt work with the criminal mind.

The policy of preemption states that if you think a threat is posed then you take action to prevent it. This is classic preemption. I'm surprised that you're not all for this.

The policy of preemption states that if you think a threat is posed then you take action to prevent it. This is classic preemption. I'm surprised that you're not all for this.

Be surprised then. Pre-emption for for a nuclear threat is one thing. pre-emption for a million single events is crazy.

Be surprised then. Pre-emption for for a nuclear threat is one thing. pre-emption for a million single events is crazy.

I don't see the difference. The political policy isn't limited to just one 'threat,' it's a standing policy that applies to, potentially, a million single 'threats.'

This is the same thing. An action is assumed to be imminent, so, a preventative action is taken. In this case, however, the preemptive action is applied by the legal system, not militarily.

I don't see the difference. The political policy isn't limited to just one 'threat,' it's a standing policy that applies to, potentially, a million single 'threats.'

This is the same thing. An action is assumed to be imminent, so, a preventative action is taken. In this case, however, the preemptive action is applied by the legal system, not militarily.

But with each application comes more and more abuse. Used by the UN or even by the US it should be a one time only deal hopefully.

Archived