This will make all the TD fans happy

AU_tiger_2000

Davis fitting in on offense

He must be the most discussed fourth-team tailback in America.

But junior Tristan Davis keeps coming up in conversations with AU’s coaches. His story is familiar by now: Bouncing back and forth between tailback and defensive back, he appears to have finally found a home on offense.

Davis has played well in the first few practices - well enough that Borges has installed a special formation designed specifically for him.

"Regular TD" features a package of plays designed to take advantage of Davis’ speed.

His previous experience on offense has been a bonus - though he has plenty to learn, Davis isn’t exactly starting from scratch.

"It’s such a plus to have had him play offense before," Borges said. "He’s a little rusty, but you’re not starting from ground zero."

Brad Lester, the current No. 1 tailback, also sees plenty to like in Davis.

"He has his own formation already - we already know he’s going to be on the field," Lester said.

Click Me!

I agree, Lester, Davis, Fannin, Tate, Stewart, Hawthorne, a healthy Cox, and a rejuvenated CAB, should be alot of fun to watch.

Pound the defense early with Tate and Fannin and then bring Lester and TD in to bust the long ones. Sounds like a fool proof plan to me.

Pound the defense early with Tate and Fannin and then bring Lester and TD in to bust the long ones. Sounds like a fool proof plan to me.

I remember people saying the same thing in 2003 with Williams, Brown, Jacobs, and Smith. We need to focus more on plugging the holes in the O-Line before we start talking about the second coming of the 4 Horsemen.

I remember people saying the same thing in 2003 with Williams, Brown, Jacobs, and Smith. We need to focus more on plugging the holes in the O-Line before we start talking about the second coming of the 4 Horsemen.

I agree. Even Bo can't get away from defenders when they are on him 3 yards deep in the backfield.

I agree. Even Bo can't get away from defenders when they are on him 3 yards deep in the backfield.

Blasphemy! :o

Obviously we're not talking about Tecmo Bowl Bo

I don't think we are even talking about real Bo. Three defenders was nothing for Bo. I would like to see if Stat can find anytype numbers on average number of people it took to tackle Bo. I am thinking 7.5 to 8.

I don't think we are even talking about real Bo. Three defenders was nothing for Bo. I would like to see if Stat can find anytype numbers on average number of people it took to tackle Bo. I am thinking 7.5 to 8.

Took 12 a few times.

The reason that failed had more to do with the Nallsminger offense than the talent on the o-line. Remember 04' was supposed to be an o-line rebuilding year.

Just hearing about all the backs we have and CAB getting creative again with a healthy Brandon Cox really excites me. Remember our 05 season Brandon hit some deep passes and made some really great throws (See Georgia game). He has the talent he just needs everyone around him to play as well. I think we are in for a really big treat this year! GOD I CAN'T WAIT WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!

The schedule is going to be really tough next year so I expect to see a much better team than this past year but with a worse record. Also, Our O-line and WR are getting overhauled. I think we should start redshirt freshman at WR after seeing what we had last year. We had TONS over coverage sacks which led to BC getting injured.

The schedule is going to be really tough next year so I expect to see a much better team than this past year but with a worse record. Also, Our O-line and WR are getting overhauled. I think we should start redshirt freshman at WR after seeing what we had last year. We had TONS over coverage sacks which led to BC getting injured.

This is true to a degree. BC has to realize our offense is a possesion offense and know not to lose yards and when to throw it away. I don't know if its an arm strength problem or what. I don't think our line will be bad, but its too early to say this is going to be a very productive backfield. I for one, don't think TD will be a great tailback. He's not a between the tackles runner and he scares me the way he carries the ball. He'll make Tiki Barber look like Fort Knox if he starts running between the tackles.

When you get clocked at 4.12 in the 40 at the NFL combine, you can get away from a lot.

Prior to his hip injury, Bo at 6'1", 222 lbs., ran a 4.12 40 yard dash at the 1986 NFL combine, as reported in the February 27, 1986, USA Today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bo_Jackson

Repeat after me: The line is the key, the line is the key, the line is the key......

None of those backs are going anywhere and Cox will not get a pass off unless the new O-line steps up big time. We are going to have a good defense, plenty of good backs, and the talent at the receiver spots to get the job done, especially with the new guys. How well the O-line does will be the difference between a 7-5 or 8-4 season and something really special. The kicking game is the only other major questionmark. :au:

Repeat after me: The line is the key, the line is the key, the line is the key......

None of those backs are going anywhere and Cox will not get a pass off unless the new O-line steps up big time. We are going to have a good defense, plenty of good backs, and the talent at the receiver spots to get the job done, especially with the new guys. How well the O-line does will be the difference between a 7-5 or 8-4 season and something really special. The kicking game is the only other major questionmark. :au:

The line is the Key, The line is the key.......Okay!

This is the most right on post . The O-laine played BAAAAADDD for 2 games in particular and they both happend to be the 2 in 11-2. The line has a very bright future if they meet the expactations of recruiting but expectations are like arm pits we all have them and some times they Stink! But if the line can play more consistantly than last season we could have something going. But there are alot of ifs and buts this season more than in the past. And I will say the last time we overhauled the line we ened up pretty good! (04 14-0)

This is the most right on post . The O-laine played BAAAAADDD for 2 games in particular and they both happend to be the 2 in 11-2. The line has a very bright future if they meet the expactations of recruiting but expectations are like arm pits we all have them and some times they Stink! But if the line can play more consistantly than last season we could have something going. But there are alot of ifs and buts this season more than in the past. And I will say the last time we overhauled the line we ened up pretty good! (04 14-0)

Exactly. A good line can do more to make an average back look good than a good back make a average line look good. Why does Wisconsin have great backs all the time that are flops in the NFL?

Exactly. A good line can do more to make an average back look good than a good back make a average line look good. Why does Wisconsin have great backs all the time that are flops in the NFL?

I agree with what you are saying, but there is a chance that the 07' o-line could repeat what the 04' line did. We went into that year with a big ? on the o-line.

I was just refuting statements like this. A good o-line is a much better fool proof method. I'm just saying, lets not get ahead of ourselves. I agree, big questions on the line, and I'm not ruling out the potential of a great year. I'm also not ruling out the potential for a flop. People hate Nall-ball but at times you have to be able to assert yourself and simply whip and overpower your opponent. Ex. fourth and short. We've done well in years past. Lets hope we can keep that up.

also, lester is the starter. so the "pound it early" part will include him more than fannin or tate. BUT all these backs have something to give if our line can pass protect and give them a crease or two.

i actually like the potential of this line a lot: dunlap is a stud, daniels and mccain appear to be pushing each other as part-time starters, hart has a lot to prove and one year to prove it, green is a young grubbs, bosley is capable and intelligent, and berry is a standout backup. if we can set the ones early, give them time to gel, and find one or two more backups, this could be a great line.

Archived