My enlightenment regarding Bammers... part 2

Ellesshoe

Maybe some of you remember me. I posted once about a month ago basically saying I hope we both kcik the ever living crap out of Bama this year. Seriously, Auburn's fan base will double against Alabama.

I really had no idea what you all were talking about all these years. I thought it was hyperbole and the stuff of fishing stories... I have realized this is not the case.

Does anyone else find it totally ironic that bammers are bragging to one of thier rivals (us, LSU) about a coach that won our program 2 SEC titles and an NC and hasn't even taken the field ONCE for Alabama? They think they've bought themselves a crystal football and they haven't even played a down. I swear they constantly rub it in my face talking about how Saban is going to kick our ass or something. It's as if they don't realize that those those SEC titles and the national championship belong to LSU and not them. They truly are a screwed up breed of human. Guess that's what happens when momma is still drinking bad moonshine during her 2nd trimester :gofig: .

I just had to vent my hatred somewhere that welcomes it. You seriously have a new fan, as hard as it is for me to say that. I was considering a scenario where LSU needed Auburn to lose the Iron Bowl... I know who I SHOULD root for but it makes me so sick I'm not sure I could... I would consider the satisfaction of seeing Tubbs and his thumb in front of some crying bammers to be about the same derived from LSU getting into the SECCG... After all, there are always at large bids. Please beat their ass this year. I'll try and do my part and ride MY Tigers right through T-town. They can't go back on probation soon enough!

Is there anyway we can condense the CNS threads down to one?? I know it maybe a stretch since it is so important to devote entire threads to CNS fashion, my personal feelings on Saban to I'm afraid my current coach might not measure out. If at all possible could everyone that has any new Saban input find a thread that has already been started. I'm sure an old CNS thread won't be hard to find, there's probably one or two infront of you now. It's all about recycling old threads and making it your own. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

Maybe some of you remember me. I posted once about a month ago basically saying I hope we both kcik the ever living crap out of Bama this year. Seriously, Auburn's fan base will double against Alabama.

I really had no idea what you all were talking about all these years. I thought it was hyperbole and the stuff of fishing stories... I have realized this is not the case.

Does anyone else find it totally ironic that bammers are bragging to one of thier rivals (us, LSU) about a coach that won our program 2 SEC titles and an NC and hasn't even taken the field ONCE for Alabama? They think they've bought themselves a crystal football and they haven't even played a down. I swear they constantly rub it in my face talking about how Saban is going to kick our ass or something. It's as if they don't realize that those those SEC titles and the national championship belong to LSU and not them. They truly are a screwed up breed of human. Guess that's what happens when momma is still drinking bad moonshine during her 2nd trimester :gofig: .

I just had to vent my hatred somewhere that welcomes it. You seriously have a new fan, as hard as it is for me to say that. I was considering a scenario where LSU needed Auburn to lose the Iron Bowl... I know who I SHOULD root for but it makes me so sick I'm not sure I could... I would consider the satisfaction of seeing Tubbs and his thumb in front of some crying bammers to be about the same derived from LSU getting into the SECCG... After all, there are always at large bids. Please beat their ass this year. I'll try and do my part and ride MY Tigers right through T-town. They can't go back on probation soon enough!

LSU was a perennial LOSER when St. Nick got there. I hate to tell you this, but it will return to that state under Lester Miles. LSU fans know this in their hearts, but refuse to bring it to consciousness. Miles will never beat Saban, and I think Miles even knows that. If you were honest with yourself, you would admit that even YOU know that. Enjoy the beatdown in Tuscaloosa this Fall, and get used to it.

LSU was a perennial LOSER when St. Nick got there. I hate to tell you this, but it will return to that state under Lester Miles. LSU fans know this in their hearts, but refuse to bring it to consciousness. Miles will never beat Saban, and I think Miles even knows that. If you were honest with yourself, you would admit that even YOU know that. Enjoy the beatdown in Tuscaloosa this Fall, and get used to it.

i think it's important that someone tell you...you are an idiot!

i def don't feel Saban is that great a coach but even if Saban were the be all end all of college coaches he still only has a certain amount of talent to work with at bammer...but you just keep putting lipstick on that hog and let me know how it turns out.

i think it's important that someone tell you...you are an idiot!

i def don't feel Saban is that great a coach but even if Saban were the be all end all of college coaches he still only has a certain amount of talent to work with at bammer...but you just keep putting lipstick on that hog and let me know how it turns out.

He's doing what everyone else refers to as "polishing a turd".

I was considering a scenario where LSU needed Auburn to lose the Iron Bowl

I remember in 2005 we needed LSU to lose to Bammer the day we played UGA in order to get to the SECCG. Of course, you cajuns won that day, but I was still laughin my arse off. Then I marched into UGA's stadium and watched an AMAZING game. ahhhh....good memories. :cheer:

I was at that game (LSU-UAT in '05), and while I knew in my heart that we needed UAT to win, I could not bring myself to pull for them. I tried hard, but I still found myself rooting for LSU. Old habits are hard to break.

I think the issue is confused between what the school has accomplished versus what a coach did. I "myself" a bama fan and I recall using the 2 SEC and MNC but not to brag about my school as much as defending against people questioning Saban's ability to coach. That's a bit different in my own opinion because I never thought that what LSU accomplished under Saban is something that belongs to Bama or even Saban himself. So I only raise it when someone tries to undermine CNS's ability to coach.

Now aside from this notion, I am truely and honestly still skeptical about his upcoming success. Dont get me wrong, I hope it happens, but still wont bid the bank on it. For once I remember us dominating LSU "for a period of time" in Tuscaloosa in the 2004 game. I recall that CNS was caoching the tigers while Shula was on the other side. We had Spence Pennington as a QB and we drove inside the 10 yr line of LSU. We almost scored if not for the questionable pass interference and the complete swing in momentum that followed that. Not to relive memories, but if we were able do that with Shula and Pennington while Caddle was our prime receiver of the game, then this CNS experience is scaring the #@$# out of me...

So bottom line is, CNS resume is impressive but that does not mean squat to me till he shows me that he can at Bama..

Saban walked into :lsu: with almost the complete Terry Bowden staff from Auburn. A staff that was a great staff. They went 11-0 in their first year, probably could/should have won an MNC that year.

Saban may or not be a great coach. We will see. I personally think he is slightly above average. But we will see. At Bama, hell you could randomly choose anyone from this board and win ten games. Hell even nit-wits like Dubose, Fran, and Shula won ten games at bama. The hype is sssooo bad and the feelings so desperate in Turdtown that you may not be able to hear yourself think over the din of "Roe Tahd" if Saban wins 10 any year at bama.

To be practical for a moment, hype is a beyotch. It will always bite you in the butt when you least expect it. The expectations of many in the bama nation are already sssooo high that it is almost a certanty that Saban will have a horrible let down sometime. Please remember the Scarborough Expectation Prediction: "3 BCS CHAMPIONSHIPS in the next 5 years."

Problem is that at bama, ANY letdown will get you fired. Dubose and Shula, BOTH BAMA GRADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, got fired one year after winning ten games. Saban doesnt have that cover. His first inexcuseable loss will get the WWBD whinefest started. At $4M a year, those expectations are already set higher than anywhere in America, as they should be for the money. Saban's problem is that he is burning bridges to everyone that would like to give him cover when/if that time comes.

What happens if Miles goes to Michigan next year? :lsu: comes and makes Saban an offer he cant refuse? As the Tide fans like to say, the expectations in Baton Rouge are far lower than in Tuscaloser. Maybe he gets another moving van and settles in for a long stay on the beach...

As PT and I said when he was hired, "This is a marriage made in hell." You have a head coach that doesnt take criticism at all, and the most critical fan base in the country.

OBTW, I heard this on PF the few days I have heard him recently, "CNS doesnt understand that he is dealing with a fanbase that half of the fans know as much about football as he does." Kid you not... :lol: Yep, MMIH.

I was considering a scenario where LSU needed Auburn to lose the Iron Bowl

I remember in 2005 we needed LSU to lose to Bammer the day we played UGA in order to get to the SECCG. Of course, you cajuns won that day, but I was still laughin my arse off. Then I marched into UGA's stadium and watched an AMAZING game. ahhhh....good memories. :cheer:

I was in Athens that day also. While in a concession line, with a TV overhead playing the LSU-UAT game; a Dawg fan turned around to ask me if I was pulling for UAT. I gave him the, 'are you crazy?' look and a 'Hell NO!". I realized then that UGA people (and the rest of the SEC outside of Alabama) have no concept of what a rivalry is. Then back in the stands when the LSU-UAT result was announced the AU Band and visiting sections of Auburn fans went crazy cheering, some UGA people behind me said, "Look at those idiot Auburn people, they needed Bama to win to get to the SECCG. They are crazy." I didn't turn around or say anything, I knew they wouldn't understand.

It is always just a matter of time before a bammer says something completely stupid, that all observers are dumbfounded to disbelief. The sad part is, they really believe it!

Miles will never beat Saban
BAMAPERRY

Just for you big'un, I will keep these words stashed away. You can eat your words and your NIKE houndstooth baseball cap now or later.

I haven't quite figured out the lack of love for Miles. First off, yes, he's won with a lot of CNS's players but you don't just throw the ball out there and say, "Here, go forth and do great things that make me look good."

You still have to coach those players and besides one brain fart against UT his first year, all they've done is win. I don't know any of us that won't admit to a few "Senior moments" on our own coaching staffs from time to time. He may drop off in the coming years but I doubt it. Last I checked, they were still recruiting some top notch athletes to the Bayou. And Miles wasn't some bum coaching at Slippery Rock. They hired him for a reason.

As for the UA/LSU matchup this year....I'll take Miles and his coaching abilities and LSU's talent right now. We as AU fans haven't exactly penciled in the trip to LSU as a win this year either.

"Saban walked into with almost the complete Terry Bowden staff from Auburn. A staff that was a great staff. They went 11-0 in their first year, probably could/should have won an MNC that year."

Saban put together that Staff. Not a single coach came with him from MSU, which speaks volumes about where the winning comes from on his Staff. I like this Staff better. We shall see. Saban BUILT that program. Look all you want at his 5 year record there, which is good, but he took over a loser and turned them into winners. If he would have stayed, he would have taken advantage of what he built and had a much better overall record the last two years.

Saban put together that Staff. Not a single coach came with him from MSU, which speaks volumes about where the winning comes from on his Staff.

I'm not jumping into the how good a coach Saban is conversation, but as we all know, Saban offered his entire MSU staff the chance to go with him to LSU, and not a single one would. I don't know if his success at LSU speaks "volumes about where the winning comes from", as you said above, but I think the fact that none of his coaches would go with him to LSU speaks volume about the kind of person Saban is.

Its a shame that a few bad apples ruin everything for the rest of us Alabama fans. Every team has that one fan that is a complete moron. Case and point, one guy on here thats not an Auburn fan....cough cough.....i'm sure you can figure it out.

Its a shame that a few bad apples ruin everything for the rest of us Alabama fans. Every team has that one fan that is a complete moron. Case and point, one guy on here thats not an Auburn fan....cough cough.....i'm sure you can figure it out.

Slink?

Yeah, I know. The only thing worse than that guy are posters that go on rivals message boards and suck up to get along. I think 99.3% of them are women, so ya gotta kinda expect it. :poke:

I just had to vent my hatred somewhere that welcomes it. You seriously have a new fan, as hard as it is for me to say that. I was considering a scenario where LSU needed Auburn to lose the Iron Bowl... I know who I SHOULD root for but it makes me so sick I'm not sure I could... I would consider the satisfaction of seeing Tubbs and his thumb in front of some crying bammers to be about the same derived from LSU getting into the SECCG... After all, here are always at large bids. Please beat their ass this year. I'll try and do my part and ride MY Tigers right through T-town. They can't go back on probation soon enough!

Yeah, I know. The only thing worse than that guy are posters that go on rivals message boards and suck up to get along. I think 99.3% of them are women, so ya gotta kinda expect it. :poke:

I do not suck up to anyone on this board. 99% of the time I tell it like it is. Like I said, there are a few morons that think they can be complete idiots to rival fans. All it does is make you look bad, as well as your fellow fans.

not slink

Miles will never beat Saban, and I think Miles even knows that. If you were honest with yourself, you would admit that even YOU know that. Enjoy the beatdown in Tuscaloosa this Fall, and get used to it.

...and Tuberville will win the BCS Championship all 4 years that $aban is at Bama. :rolleyes:

Saban BUILT that program. Look all you want at his 5 year record there, which is good, but he took over a loser and turned them into winners. If he would have stayed, he would have taken advantage of what he built and had a much better overall record the last two years.

So you are hoping Saban does the same thing again, "[taking] over a loser and turn[ing] them into winners"?

Saban BUILT that program. Look all you want at his 5 year record there, which is good, but he took over a loser and turned them into winners. If he would have stayed, he would have taken advantage of what he built and had a much better overall record the last two years.

So you are hoping Saban does the same thing again, "[taking] over a loser and turn[ing] them into winners"?

Man, Saban sounds more and more like Fran all the time now... ;)

I just had to vent my hatred somewhere that welcomes it. You seriously have a new fan, as hard as it is for me to say that. I was considering a scenario where LSU needed Auburn to lose the Iron Bowl... I know who I SHOULD root for but it makes me so sick I'm not sure I could... I would consider the satisfaction of seeing Tubbs and his thumb in front of some crying bammers to be about the same derived from LSU getting into the SECCG... After all, here are always at large bids. Please beat their ass this year. I'll try and do my part and ride MY Tigers right through T-town. They can't go back on probation soon enough!

I do not suck up to anyone on this board. 99% of the time I tell it like it is. Like I said, there are a few morons that think they can be complete idiots to rival fans. All it does is make you look bad, as well as your fellow fans.

This is what I like to call a "bitch slap from within." :popcorn:

Is there anyway we can condense the CNS threads down to one?? I know it maybe a stretch since it is so important to devote entire threads to CNS fashion, my personal feelings on Saban to I'm afraid my current coach might not measure out. If at all possible could everyone that has any new Saban input find a thread that has already been started. I'm sure an old CNS thread won't be hard to find, there's probably one or two infront of you now. It's all about recycling old threads and making it your own. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

NO...Satan's ego will not allow for it. :lol:

:au::homer:

Archived