Libs, an easy question for y'all. What's your plan?

AURaptor

Besides quitting the Iraq war, exactly WHAT are your plans to govern the country? Are you simply biding your time until you get the White House to, before you reveal any REAL plans ?

Seriously, what can the country expect ? How will the Dem party improve on a low unemployment rate, massive revenue raised from Bush's tax cuts, and an all time high in the stock market ?

Just curious.

Just wait. It's coming. I'm sure there's an honest answer out there.

Somewhere.

Awfully quiet in this room. Anybody here? Echo echo echo echo....

Oh, I forgot. They don't have a plan.

Can you articulate the Republican "plan"? If Republicans had not lost both houses and were still in charge with no real threat of a veto they would need to override, what would they be doing right now that isn't happening?

Can you articulate the Republican "plan"? If Republicans had not lost both houses and were still in charge with no real threat of a veto they would need to override, what would they be doing right now that isn't happening?

Answering a question with a question isn't an answer. There's plenty of room for discussion in another thread what the GOP has/hasn't done. I started this thread to see what specific ideas the Democrats stand for. It would be easy and partisan of me to simply suggest that all the Dems stand for is to oppose the GOP. The time for that is over, as the Dems now control both houses. We're well beyond the " first 100 hours", and I confess that I'm a bit fuzzy on what the Dems really want to do, now that they're in power. What are their goals, what path do they want to see the U.S. take now ?

Actually, the Republicans had a plan which they failed to completely execute. They lowered taxes, but failed to reform Social Security. That will be the biggest debacle of the Republican congress. That and the Prescription Act.

However, an imperfect plan is far better than going back to the playbook from 1968.

Actually, the Republicans had a plan which they failed to completely execute. They lowered taxes, but failed to reform Social Security. That will be the biggest debacle of the Republican congress. That and the Prescription Act.

However, an imperfect plan is far better than going back to the playbook from 1968.

You mean staying in Viet Nam? Otherwise, what 1968 throwback legislation are you talking about?

You mean staying in Viet Nam? Otherwise, what 1968 throwback legislation are you talking about?

I'm asking what the Dem's plan is for today, 2007 and beyond. So far , all I've gotten is " what's the GOP's plan ? " , and tired, old commentary about VietNam, a war which the Dems started...over 40 yrs ago.

<_<

30+hrs and 2 lib replies ( from the same lib, to be fair ) and not one new idea or solid expression of what the Dems want to do for us citizens...

30+hrs and 2 lib replies ( from the same lib, to be fair ) and not one new idea or solid expression of what the Dems want to do for us citizens...

Your question presupposes that the takeover by the Dems disrupted some superior Republican "plan" that existed, when all the evidence indicates that the only discernible Republican "plan" was to use the levers of govenment to tighten their grip on political power and to personally enrich themselves at the public trough.

Here's what the Dems haven't done as you predicted: attempted to impeach Bush; repeal Bush's tax cuts.

Beyond that, if you're truly interested, which I know you are not, check out the websites of the Dem presidential candidates. Some have their plans, others will. But we both know that you are just trying to distract attention from the fact that you've blindly supported an administration that is hopelessly incompetent.

Your question presupposes that the takeover by the Dems disrupted some superior Republican "plan" that existed, when all the evidence indicates that the only discernible Republican "plan" was to use the levers of govenment to tighten their grip on political power and to personally enrich themselves at the public trough.

Here's what the Dems haven't done as you predicted: attempted to impeach Bush; repeal Bush's tax cuts.

Beyond that, if you're truly interested, which I know you are not, check out the websites of the Dem presidential candidates. Some have their plans, others will. But we both know that you are just trying to distract attention from the fact that you've blindly supported an administration that is hopelessly incompetent.

I had hoped that a simple question (mine) could have been replied to with a straight forward response. There were no 'presuppositions' here, all I wanted to know is what the Dems hope/plan to accomplish as they have gained power. I have no intention, with this thread, to get into any debates about what the GOP has or hasn't done. My allegences for party A or party B aren't the issue here. While it's true that I could go to the DNC web pages themselves, I wanted to see if any here on the board could offer their 2 cents in on what the Dems plan is, and tell us why such a plan is so important. What you thought of such plans and tell us in your own words why the Dems are good for America.

It's just a simple question. All I want is an answer.

p.s. As for what the Dems HAVEN'T done yet. 1." attempt to impeach Bush " - Umm... yes they have. While not directly, the introducing of the Articles of Impeachment on Cheney is the 1st step toward impeaching Bush. Kucinich has said that the reason he didn't go after Bush initially is because once Bush is removed, then Cheney would become President. By Kucinich's own words, going after Cheney is the 1st step toward going after Bush. So your first claim is false. 2. " repeal Bush Tax cuts " - The Dems have failed to make the Bush tax cuts permanent, which is in effect an act of repealing them. The tax cuts are scheduled to end in (2010 ?) and taking no action is the same as enacting a tax hike. That makes your second claim false as well.

Really dumb question! Anything the dems did propose, Bush is going to veto, if for no other reason, to make them look bad!

Really dumb question! Anything the dems did propose, Bush is going to veto, if for no other reason, to make them look bad!

The GOP got welfare reform through with Clinton in the W.H.

Right! Perhaps that's a reflection on Bush! If he had been President, with a dem congress, they might not have!

Right! Perhaps that's a reflection on Bush! If he had been President, with a dem congress, they might not have!

I'm not sure I get your point. Clinton vetoed the Welfare Reform act 2x's before he finally signed it. And even afterward, he promised to 'fix it', which he never did. Civil Rights folks were mighty ticked off at him for signing it, but it seems to have worked pretty well. ( Heh heh...'worked'....get it ? Oh, never mind )

Still, none of this even addresses my primary question. And it's still not been answered yet. I find that interesting.

Damn guys, this is a simple question. Why is it so hard to answer?

We're not your monkeys.

Translation: We have no plan. :no:

We're not your monkeys.

Translation: You aren't sincerely interested in conversation.

We're not your monkeys.

Clearly I am, as I've offered you an open forum for you to express what it is you on the Left invision for America. It's nothing more than I'd have asked fo any other party, group or candidate, so why is it that with the Left, I'm not ..." sincerely interested in conversation. " ?? :blink:

We're not your monkeys.

Clearly I am, as I've offered you an open forum for you to express what it is you on the Left invision for America. It's nothing more than I'd have asked fo any other party, group or candidate, so why is it that with the Left, I'm not ..." sincerely interested in conversation. " ?? :blink:

If you are, it's a first.

Here's Pelosi's since you can't do your own research:

http://www.house.gov/pelosi/

Here's Pelosi's since you can't do your own research

My intent was to hear from you, the people, what you wanted from your new direction. Obviously, I could have googled the DNC platform and read what it was the suits from up on high wanted to read to us pleabs. The point was to see what the CIVILIANS thought of the Dem politicial views. NOT to simply get a glossed over versiion from the Left.

Here's Pelosi's since you can't do your own research

My intent was to hear from you, the people, what you wanted from your new direction. Obviously, I could have googled the DNC platform and read what it was the suits from up on high wanted to read to us pleabs. The point was to see what the CIVILIANS thought of the Dem politicial views. NOT to simply get a glossed over versiion from the Left.

You assume I'm more powerful than I am:

Besides quitting the Iraq war, exactly WHAT are your plans to govern the country? Are you simply biding your time until you get the White House to, before you reveal any REAL plans ?

I'm rolling out my plans on Tuesday in a press conference. It will be covered by CSPAN, Fox, CNN, MSNBC and Bloomberg News. You're going to have to wait like everyone else. B)

So TexasTiger, all you know about the Dem party is that they're against what ever Bush is for, and that's all that really matters, right ? Seems that's all you're saying.

The Dems plan is the same as the Republican's, plan only different clients. The lobbyist will be cartering to the Dems now and all of the illegal activities will involve Dems now. That's the only difference. The money goes to the other crooks. I'm sick of the whole damn thing. It makes me :puke: .

Archived