Marie Robbins turned Saban in per TIDE INSIDER........

DKW 86

I'm dissapointed that Marie stuck her nose in some business that wasn't her own.

So, if I'm employed by the State of Alabama and I see someone stealing gas from a state truck, I'm not supposed to report it because, since I'm not a State Trooper, it's "none of my business"?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm dissapointed that Marie stuck her nose in some business that wasn't her own.

So, if I'm employed by the State of Alabama and I see someone stealing gas from a state truck, I'm not supposed to report it because, since I'm not a State Trooper, it's "none of my business"?

Bammer logic...

Man, I'm glad I read a few of the last posts. They hit the nail on the head. It's incredible to me that every bammer response has been more along the lines of how messed up it is, that someone outside of the Athletic Department might get involved with turning them in. THAT'S what they're upset about?????

It's always all a big boo-hoo, sniff sniff B.S. response that always seems to come with this. It's always "everybody does it, so it's okay", or some justification between "major" and "minor" infractions, as if either one is "O.K.".... They're NOT "O.K."! :blink:

It's a slimey joke, and it's getting old. I agree with G.G. when he calls out the potential powder keg that is the Alabama Football Program right now. It appears it's going to blow, and it's going to be absolutely spectacular when it does. If Bammers were so concerned that the NCAA was out to get them, you'd think they'd put a cork in the crap going on. :no: However, it appears Bama Nation has tried to apply a square peg in the round hole approach. It's still leaking all around.

You've got a few very intelligent and tolerable bama faithful on here playing the roll of apologists, and that's just sad. Why would they be in full out defense mode, and explaining everything like they are if they weren't worried, or didn't know deep down that, "uh oh....here we go again!" wasn't on it's way? I have a feeling there's plenty to be concerned about at the capstone.

(Please excuse my poor grammar and puncuation...it's late! B) )

Anyway, I don't post much, but I read a lot and had to vent for a second. .....that is all. :P

Adding my .02 now.

To the Bama fans: This might sound odd for a second so hear me out. The corollary to all this is that the Alabama Supreme Court just ruled favorably to keep the Cottrell-Williams suit alive.

1) I know it isnt the University of Alabama, but in perception it is the University of Alabama still suing the NCAA.

2) The Albert Means fiasco is widely believed to be payback for a $400K lawsuit the NCAA lost back in 1993-94.

3) I have a policy when it comes to the NCAA. STAY OFF THEIR RADAR! Fighting them only makes things worse in the long run. Take your medicine and move on. You may think you are doing this, but this lawsuit is looked on nationally and probably by the NCAA as sponsored by the Alabama Boosters.

I have close friends and relatives that to this day believe that Bama did absolutely nothing wrong. I ALSO have been told ad nauseum by Bama insiders that the whole Dubose staff knew about Williams and Cottrell and wanted them gone. THEY KNEW THEY WERE HEADING FOR PROBATION. Cottrell came from FSU, "Free Shoes University" as SOS called them. When he was there he was notorious for his recruiting "skills." bama hired him and voila, Probation!

Dry humping a chainsaw was pretty original wasn't it?

Original and funny......

If you are employed by the state and you work in Mobile, you shouldn't drive to Huntsville, JUST to see if someone is stealing gas. Who's doing your job in Mobile while you are gone?

Man, I'm glad I read a few of the last posts. They hit the nail on the head. It's incredible to me that every bammer response has been more along the lines of how messed up it is, that someone outside of the Athletic Department might get involved with turning them in. THAT'S what they're upset about?????

It's always all a big boo-hoo, sniff sniff B.S. response that always seems to come with this. It's always "everybody does it, so it's okay", or some justification between "major" and "minor" infractions, as if either one is "O.K.".... They're NOT "O.K."!

It's a slimey joke, and it's getting old. I agree with G.G. when he calls out the potential powder keg that is the Alabama Football Program right now. It appears it's going to blow, and it's going to be absolutely spectacular when it does. If Bammers were so concerned that the NCAA was out to get them, you'd think they'd put a cork in the crap going on. However, it appears Bama Nation has tried to apply a square peg in the round hole approach. It's still leaking all around.

You've got a few very intelligent and tolerable bama faithful on here playing the roll of apologists, and that's just sad. Why would they be in full out defense mode, and explaining everything like they are if they weren't worried, or didn't know deep down that, "uh oh....here we go again!" wasn't on it's way? I have a feeling there's plenty to be concerned about at the capstone.

(Please excuse my poor grammar and puncuation...it's late! )

Anyway, I don't post much, but I read a lot and had to vent for a second. .....that is all.

I'm not buying this. Sure, if this was an Albert Means type situation...yeah you may have something. But again, let me repeat myself, MINOR VIOLATIONS HAPPEN ALL THE TIME.

99% of the time, minor violations aren't even intentional. Which means, there is no "culture of cheating" or some pattern of something bad going on. To me, the minor violations are a NON ISSUE. Just like the minor violations reported by almost every D1 school every single year.

The issue is Marie Robbins, because we have been burned by her before. And you guys would feel the same way if it happened to you. If Grundlach starts digging up "dirt" on the Math department next year, you all would be pissed to no end.

Paying a kid to play is cheating, accidentally calling a kid 1 day before you are supposed to is an honest mistake.

And in this case, it doesn't matter anyway. Gibson was never going anywhere but Alabama.

BG, 1 or 2 of our probations were based on less than what is being said about Gibson.

1) We took some kids home from the tennis courts during a thunderstorm in a POV and got probation for it.

2) We called to tell two sets of parents that their sons were on a later flight due to weather. Back then there were no cell phones or pagers. Our coaching staff called the coaches to try and get word to the parents. We went on probation for improper contact.

No crap...

Karma, she is a bitch...

BG - Do you think Sabear and Gibson stopped by Chapman's house on the way home that night? :poke:

BG - Do you think Sabear and Gibson stopped by Chapman's house on the way home that night? :poke:

No. I don't think it was a hard sell to get Chapman to come to Alabama. Just look at AU's depth chart vs ours. Chapman will START this year.

No. I don't think it was a hard sell to get Chapman to come to Alabama. Just look at AU's depth chart vs ours. Chapman will START this year.

I thought flipper had recruited lights out?

If you are employed by the state and you work in Mobile, you shouldn't drive to Huntsville, JUST to see if someone is stealing gas. Who's doing your job in Mobile while you are gone?

It's always all a big boo-hoo, sniff sniff B.S. response that always seems to come with this. It's always "everybody does it, so it's okay", or some justification between "major" and "minor" infractions, as if either one is "O.K.".... They're NOT "O.K."!

It's a slimey joke, and it's getting old. I agree with G.G. when he calls out the potential powder keg that is the Alabama Football Program right now. It appears it's going to blow, and it's going to be absolutely spectacular when it does. If Bammers were so concerned that the NCAA was out to get them, you'd think they'd put a cork in the crap going on. However, it appears Bama Nation has tried to apply a square peg in the round hole approach. It's still leaking all around.

(Please excuse my poor grammar and puncuation...it's late! )

Anyway, I don't post much, but I read a lot and had to vent for a second. .....that is all.

I'm not buying this. Sure, if this was an Albert Means type situation...yeah you may have something. But again, let me repeat myself, MINOR VIOLATIONS HAPPEN ALL THE TIME.

99% of the time, minor violations aren't even intentional. Which means, there is no "culture of cheating" or some pattern of something bad going on. To me, the minor violations are a NON ISSUE. Just like the minor violations reported by almost every D1 school every single year.

The issue is Marie Robbins, because we have been burned by her before. And you guys would feel the same way if it happened to you. If Grundlach starts digging up "dirt" on the Math department next year, you all would be pissed to no end.

Paying a kid to play is cheating, accidentally calling a kid 1 day before you are supposed to is an honest mistake.

And in this case, it doesn't matter anyway. Gibson was never going anywhere but Alabama.

You're missing the point. The violations themselves are not an issue at all. Nobody's saying they're going to bring the Capstone down -- although if there is such a thing as karma, it's going to happen eventually -- the issue here is the REACTION to the problems.

1. Blame the person who reported them.

2. Dismiss them as insignificant

3. Get pissed at people for talking about it

4. Look the other way

5. Get pissed at the NCAA and call them "draconian"

6. Deny that there's a problem

That's the problem. Nobody on your side is ever willing to accept any responsibility, it's always somebody else's fault. It's Finebaum, Phil Fulmer, Tuberville, Spurrier, Marie Robbins, SOMEBODY. It's never the people who screw up -- whether intentionally or not -- who are held accountable.

No its not an honest mistake. IT IS HIS JOB TO KNOW. How would you like it if your accountant turned in your taxes a day late? Unfortunately state troopers don't take honest mistake. I still got a ticket.

He has 8 billion assistants, he should be able to afford a secretary to remind him when he can and can't do things. If he's as hardworking as he claims he is, then he knows when the dates are.

My college roommate was a baseball player, and we had to be aware of how much we spent if we went to dinner because my parents were considered boosters since they donated to the Tigers Unlimited fund. If I can manage to be aware of NCAA compliance, the man in charge of the football program can certainly be.

Honest mistake is a copout. I agree it may be minor infraction, but its still not excusable.

A couple of reality checks for everyone here...

1. This is not "All Over the Internet Now". In fact, the only place I have found it to exist out of multiple forums is on TI, here, and now TigerRant. (It's there because an Auburn fan linked it to this thread.) In fact, it is nothing more than hearsay from the same insiders that assured folks that Brodie Croyle was dead, that Rich Rodriguez and Steve Spurrier were locks for HC, and tons of other BS rumors.

2. I am a little disappointed at the number of folks here who wish it were true and would have extreme consequences. You people just need to go dry hump a chainsaw. I have NEVER wished NCAA crap on any team. Not even Auburn or Tennessee. Shame on you and go straight to a very hot place!

I don't...I love beatin' Bamar WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much. :big:

:au::homer:

1. This is not "All Over the Internet Now". In fact, the only place I have found it to exist out of multiple forums is on TI, here, and now TigerRant. (It's there because an Auburn fan linked it to this thread.) In fact, it is nothing more than hearsay from the same insiders that assured folks that Brodie Croyle was dead, that Rich Rodriguez and Steve Spurrier were locks for HC, and tons of other BS rumors.

2. I am a little disappointed at the number of folks here who wish it were true and would have extreme consequences. You people just need to go dry hump a chainsaw. I have NEVER wished NCAA crap on any team. Not even Auburn or Tennessee. Shame on you and go straight to a very hot place!

Don't forget the yearly off-season "Bama's Back!" rumor.

I like Chapman and think he can be a player. He will not start this year. If he does, you are in much worse shape on defense than anyone ever suspected.

I like Chapman and think he can be a player. He will not start this year. If he does, you are in much worse shape on defense than anyone ever suspected.

Our defensive tackle situation is in dire straits. He may not start, but he will be a contributor. Again, not so much of an endorsement of his ability, but of the lack of depth at DT.

Okay... I'm gonna bring this up since I haven't read it on this thread.

Remember back when saban was recruiting Jamarcus Russell... alabama and Auburn, along with LSU and FSU was in his top four... Auburn visited with JR on the last week they could, I think it was a Monday night, anyway after the visit Auburn was no longer on JR's list... ... not because he dropped them out of consideration, but because Auburn dropped him. alabama, visited him the next night and the same thing happened. It's quite odd that the #1 Prospect in the state is no longer being offered by the two main schools; okay, The Main school, Auburn and the fourth best team 'bammer. It was reported that an amount of $50,000 was the asking price.

Fast forward four years... Not only is saban being looked at for talking to a player, after he was already enrolled at another school; not only is saban being looked at for illegally contacting B. Gibson, but there is another player that bammer fans will Cringe at when they find out how saban recruited him. This player strikes me as someone that would want a sum around the JR ballpark, Luther Davis is the name. If this, so called, investigation goes forward or if the NCAA looks into the recruiting done by saban, just a little bit; it wouldn't surprise me if LD's name pops up.

I'm beginning to think that there is nothing to this. I find it shocking that the media hasn't said anything about it. May just be a dumb rumor...

I'm beginning to think that there is nothing to this. I find it shocking that the media hasn't said anything about it. May just be a dumb rumor...

The media wouldn't report it if Saban was standing on the street corner fully naked handing out bags full of cash to prospective recruits.

The media wouldn't report it if Saban was standing on the street corner fully naked handing out bags full of cash to prospective recruits.

I'm not so sure...

I'm not so sure...

You're right. They'd report that. But only to brag on the size of his Saban.

I don't...I love beatin' Bamar WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much. :big:

:au::homer:

When I posted this, it was on three different Scout Forums.

i was kinda thinking the same thing. here we are getting into a big discussion about something i've only seen on some message boards. when the university or some actual news stations start reporting this and says its confirmed then i'll start to worry. people on message boards can post whatever they want and not have to worry about any recourse. of course its carrying weight on other boards, because the rival fans want to see it happen so badly.

i was kinda thinking the same thing. here we are getting into a big discussion about something i've only seen on some message boards. when the university or some actual news stations start reporting this and says its confirmed then i'll start to worry. people on message boards can post whatever they want and not have to worry about any recourse. of course its carrying weight on other boards, because the rival fans want to see it happen so badly.

All I remember is hearing the Mike Price thing about a week before it "broke" in the media.

Archived