Marie Robbins turned Saban in per TIDE INSIDER........

DKW 86

Saban turned in per TIDE INSIDER........ Long threads on other boards are now showing up. Some Tide folks are admitting they know about it too.

Marie, watchout for speeding cars and deadly salads...

And I need a bath now that I typed "Tider Insider" on this website... :puke:

http://tiderinsider.com/mb/msg/1670541.html#1670541

per TI

Apparently,Marie Robbins , the Associate Ath. Dir and resident pain in the arse,has turned in Saban over "minor" recruiting violations concerningBrandon Gibson. The rub is that she doesn't work in compliance. She isthe AAD over women's sports.

She has also filed a complaint that the football staff is taking too much of the available parking.

Marie R. is trying to make things difficult for our new coach..... Glen Curtis 2007-05-03 12:00:57

and she's not the only one. It's time to do some serious house cleaning.....

It is time for her to go!!! We need to band together and put pressure that way. Bama4 2007-05-03 13:34:20

Can you tell us how? More specific? tia tide75 2007-05-03 12:59:03

She is a staple puncher now! I really don't even think she has much if any Bama10is 2007-05-03 12:55:45

authority to do that! But if she felt like it was the right thing to do to protect UA, then I guess good job.

How did you find out about it? soybomb 2007-05-03 12:52:45

I predict she either gets re-assigned somewhere or gets another job in Bosnia! 2 4 Bama 2007-05-03 12:30:09

That's dissapointing but in no way surprising east 2007-05-03 12:08:02

Maybe Saban needs to be the AD as well.

Why does Mal put up with that crap? md4ua 2007-05-03 12:20:41

Ilike Mal, but if this goes without some sort of reprimand to Robbins(or at least telling her to keep her yap shut, and mind her ownbusiness), then I'll be very disappointed.

Mal puts up w/it because he is not a ballbuster. Mal needs to gracefully retire Marius 2007-05-03 12:22:38

so we can say ballbuster and not get thrown in the gooler? i been there enough! itsjustbidnesssonny 2007-05-03 12:28:44

For the first time in a LONG time......................................... bamajf 2007-05-03 12:06:46

Ifeel confident in saying that our head football coach has the power todo the things he thinks will make us a better program. If MR is aproblem to him, then I don't expect she'll be around too much longer.

I agree, in theory, BUT so far nothing has been done Glen Curtis 2007-05-03 12:12:06

What is her position at UA and her capacity to frustrate anything NS wants? Marius 2007-05-03 12:05:11

Associate Athletic Director... turned CNS in on an alleged Glen Curtis 2007-05-03 12:10:49

minor recruiting violation.

What was the violation that she reported, and to whom did she replay 2007-05-03 14:17:53

reportthe violation? Can she report it directly to the NCAA without it goingthrough some other people at the University? Some more info please.

She should be reassigned to study the feasibility of a 2nd campus in Opp, AL east 2007-05-03 12:18:38

Stationher in Opp and give her 30 years to complete her report with a writtenrecommendation due to the UA President on May 3, 2037.

She can work with her old friend Mike Dubose since its his hometown. Marius 2007-05-03 12:21:54

Good post. Mighty Tide 2007-05-03 12:20:32

But I didn't think she had anything to do with compliance anymore (m) Marius 2007-05-03 12:13:58

Isn't she in women's sports programs?

She doesn't.... That's what makes her recent actions so frustrating..... Glen Curtis 2007-05-03 12:15:09

She needs to go!

who's her boss? dosent somebody have to sign off on that stuff? itsjustbidnesssonny 2007-05-03 12:16:50

MM is her boss, but I think she gets her marching orders from Sara P. Glen Curtis 2007-05-03 12:18:53

To whom? Her duties, per rolltide.com...m Rex Kaiser 2007-05-03 12:13:40

{snip}

Inaddition to an array of administrative duties, she has oversight dutieswith women's basketball, gymnastics, softball, volleyball and the menand women's track and field programs.

{end snip}

Aprediction: To the extent that ANY of her duties have ANY tangentialconnection to the football team, if she tries to trump CNS, or get intopissing matches with CNS--minor, major, whatever--look for her dutiesto get whittled down to nothing.

She'd be well advised to stick to riding herd over women's sports and keeping her little pie hole shut.

I agree with you, but she obviously hasn't gotten that memo yet Glen Curtis 2007-05-03 12:15:53

holy crap...here we goooooooooooooooooooooooo.............. itsjustbidnesssonny 2007-05-03 12:12:47

It's the truth.... She needs to be shown the door.... Glen Curtis 2007-05-03 12:14:22

who's her boss? itsjustbidnesssonny 2007-05-03 12:17:26

She should have gone a long time ago! 2 4 Bama 2007-05-03 12:05:00

saban will get her out if she is doing her crap again... itsjustbidnesssonny 2007-05-03 12:04:47

. Kurt M 2007-05-03 12:03:30

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same ol', same ol' in West Vance! Notice how of all these TI posters, none expressed any concern over the alleged violations? They all just want to crucify Robbins. Just like Memphis: "Ignore the crime--hang the witness!"

Even if these particular allegations prove baseless, this attitude fosters a culture of cheating that will bring back the NCAA's wrath sooner or later.

Man, talk about the need for witness protection. If I were this chick, I'd be watching every shadow. Those rednecks will make her life a living hell from now on.

Man. He's only been at the Crapstone four months, and he's already stepping over the line.

I just love these comments, however. It reflects the "win at all costs" mentality that seems to infect the Mullet Nation.

Same ol', same ol' in West Vance! Notice how of all these TI posters, none expressed any concern over the alleged violations? They all just want to crucify Robbins. Just like Memphis: "Ignore the crime--hang the witness!"

Even if these particular allegations prove baseless, this attitude fosters a culture of cheating that will bring back the NCAA's wrath sooner or later.

my thoughts exactly. they don't care if he cheats as long as he wins ballgames. it's a very sad mentality to have.

Nick Saban = Mike Dubose.

Win at all costs Mike left the program in a mess. I hope it stays that way. Sofr, there are no signs of change.

So, what exactly did Saban do to cross the line? I have a hard time understanding a lot of the above stuff.

you got all we did. The rumors were that Saban initiated contact with several kids very quickly and tossed the limits aside. There was one kid at :ut: that he went after that had already enrolled and was taking classes at :ut: when Saban started talking to him. That is a minor, but absolute, no-no.

The reaction of the posters on that board don't surprise me at all. They never really accepted blame the first time around. They all claim it was a set-up by Fulmer. Set-up or not, you still screwed up, and I don't hear near as many people owning up to mistakes as I do crying foul and diverting blame to Fulmer.

This reminds me of people who have personal issues that cause problems for themselves and never own up to the fact that they are the true cause of their problems. I just didn't know it could happen on a population level. Its much easier to blame everyone else around you. I know I've cried foul because I think the Ramsey situation was a setup from the Birmingham city leadership as retribution for moving the Iron Bowl, but our coaching staff and administration were at fault for giving in to his requests. And now we must make sure we dot our I's and cross all our T's because of our history and we are under the microscope. Until the Alabama fanbase accepts this mentality, there will still be a culture thats a recipe for further transgressions.

If he did anything, it was minor. Could he have broken a rule? Yes, but I'm not fretting over it. I also remember the history of Marie Robbins.

I know several prospects that are being recruited by both Alabama and Auburn and can say that neither have done anything wrong in their recruitment of these kids. That can't be said for every school in the SEC... Yet, certainly nothing "major" has occurred. So, just speaking from personal experience, Saban's staff has been MORE than clean in recruiting.

If he did anything, it was minor. Could he have broken a rule? Yes, but I'm not fretting over it. I also remember the history of Marie Robbins.

Didn't he get into trouble at LSU for making too many phone calls to recruits?

I know several prospects that are being recruited by both Alabama and Auburn and can say that neither have done anything wrong in their recruitment of these kids. That can't be said for every school in the SEC... Yet, certainly nothing "major" has occurred. So, just speaking from personal experience, Saban's staff has been MORE than clean in recruiting.

i'm glad we have someone on the inside to clear this all up for us. thanks.

So, what exactly did Saban do to cross the line? I have a hard time understanding a lot of the above stuff.

This is the Bammers attempt to get back at Marie Robbins for not keeping them off probation the last time.

If there is anyone else still working there who didn't try to hide the Dubose mess, they should have been looking for another job months ago. The purge has started and the character assassinations will be unbelievable.

i'm glad we have someone on the inside to clear this all up for us. thanks.

I'm at your service.

I hope they don't start taxing sarcasm with carbon. A lot of us would be screwed.

Didn't Bama get off probation February 1st? I wonder when all this took place???

Someone asked me, since this is from TI, do we really know it to be true? You know, if this was true, it would likely be a first for TI. I mean do they ever get anything right over there?

That maybe more shocking than CNS breaking a few rules... :lol:

First of all, minor violations are self reported all the time. AU had some a couple of months ago.

Secondly, how Marie still has a job is BEYOND me. After the way she sold us down the river during the NCAA investigations...and now sticking her nose in football business, even though she has been reassigned to have NOTHING to do with football.

She acts like some disgruntled old lady who thinks football gets "too much attention" and its her job to right all the wrongs in the world created by big time football.

She acts like some disgruntled old lady who thinks football gets "too much attention" and its her job to right all the wrongs in the world created by big time football.

Hmmm...sounds familiar, if you replace the name Robbins with Gundlach.

Secondly, how Marie still has a job is BEYOND me. After the way she sold us down the river during the NCAA investigations...and now sticking her nose in football business, even though she has been reassigned to have NOTHING to do with football.

See, this is exactly the sort of thing I was talking about earlier when I described the atmosphere in Tuscaloosa as "ignore the crime--hang the witness". I've heard these complaints ever since Memphis--that Marie Robbins and Gene Marsh were the bad guys that "sold you down the river". I've heard a lot more Bama fans complain about them than about Logan Young, et al, that were breaking the rules.

All they're guilty of was doing their jobs! As Compliance Director and Faculty Athletic Rep, part of their responsibilities was to monitor the athletic program and be sure NCAA violations were not tolerated. The University placed them in positions for which cooperation with the NCAA was part of the job description, so how did they sell anyone down the river by doing the job they were told to do? In fact, the NCAA itself said without their cooperation you might well have faced the more serious charges of lack of institutional control and failure to properly monitor. Robbins and Marsh might well have saved you from the death penalty, yet all I ever hear is how they "screwed the University".

I do agree that minor violations are self reported all the time, by Auburn as well as other schools. (For your sake, I hope if there is anything to the current rumors it involves only minor infractions.) But as to whether it's Robbins' business anymore, it's the business of every fan, alumnus, and employee to insist that their school stays clean. If more people with early knowledge of the Memphis affair had come forward earlier and said "We will not tolerate our school and/or boosters being involved in cheating!", things may have been corrected before they got so out of hand.

Even with the Gundlach-sociology affair at Auburn, I have no problem with him trying to correct what he saw as a problem. I do think he overstated the problem, was overly influenced by his own personal agenda, and probably should not have gone to the NYT before exhausting all normal avenues of redress. But no one is accusing Robbins of pushing her personal agenda in the newspapers, just reporting to the NCAA. I would hope that any Auburn fan, alumnus, or employee that has evidence of wrongdoing around our athletic program would do everything in their power to bring the ugliness to light and insist that it be corrected!

See, this is exactly the sort of thing I was talking about earlier when I described the atmosphere in Tuscaloosa as "ignore the crime--hang the witness". I've heard these complaints ever since Memphis--that Marie Robbins and Gene Marsh were the bad guys that "sold you down the river". I've heard a lot more Bama fans complain about them than about Logan Young, et al, that were breaking the rules.

All they're guilty of was doing their jobs! As Compliance Director and Faculty Athletic Rep, part of their responsibilities was to monitor the athletic program and be sure NCAA violations were not tolerated. The University placed them in positions for which cooperation with the NCAA was part of the job description, so how did they sell anyone down the river by doing the job they were told to do? In fact, the NCAA itself said without their cooperation you might well have faced the more serious charges of lack of institutional control and failure to properly monitor. Robbins and Marsh might well have saved you from the death penalty, yet all I ever hear is how they "screwed the University".

I do agree that minor violations are self reported all the time, by Auburn as well as other schools. (For your sake, I hope if there is anything to the current rumors it involves only minor infractions.) But as to whether it's Robbins' business anymore, it's the business of every fan, alumnus, and employee to insist that their school stays clean. If more people with early knowledge of the Memphis affair had come forward earlier and said "We will not tolerate our school and/or boosters being involved in cheating!", things may have been corrected before they got so out of hand.

Even with the Gundlach-sociology affair at Auburn, I have no problem with him trying to correct what he saw as a problem. I do think he overstated the problem, was overly influenced by his own personal agenda, and probably should not have gone to the NYT before exhausting all normal avenues of redress. But no one is accusing Robbins of pushing her personal agenda in the newspapers, just reporting to the NCAA. I would hope that any Auburn fan, alumnus, or employee that has evidence of wrongdoing around our athletic program would do everything in their power to bring the ugliness to light and insist that it be corrected!

Weren't Robbins and Marsh praised by the NCAA investigtors as the only reason UA didn't get the death penalty?

firing her for no cause is something that the school does not want to attempt.. can get you into employment law issues that you really do not want.. not only that it's a privilege to worry about retailiatory firing but the fact that she's a female can also raise employment discrimination issues...

firing her for no cause is something that the school does not want to attempt.. can get you into employment law issues that you really do not want.. not only that it's a privilege to worry about retailiatory firing but the fact that she's a female can also raise employment discrimination issues...

Boy, if they did fire her, it would be the best day of her life. A good employment attorney would convert this into a multi-million dollar payday.

Archived