Marie Robbins turned Saban in per TIDE INSIDER........

DKW 86

I'm beginning to think that there is nothing to this. I find it shocking that the media hasn't said anything about it. May just be a dumb rumor...

i was kinda thinking the same thing. here we are getting into a big discussion about something i've only seen on some message boards. when the university or some actual news stations start reporting this and says its confirmed then i'll start to worry. people on message boards can post whatever they want and not have to worry about any recourse. of course its carrying weight on other boards, because the rival fans want to see it happen so badly.

It's like the "Coonass" thing.

Finebaum et all won't comment on "nasty unsubstantiated rumors" that may reflect negatively on uat.

Whenever he hears something negative about Auburn from his cousin who had a neice that worked for a guy that spoke to Tuberville once, he is reporting on fact.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm just not at all seeing why this is a "huge" issue. i can go start any rumor i want on any message board. when the NYT story on AU broke, everyone here was of the attitude "NYT is out to get us", etc. when someone said they would prefer to have a clean academic record for the athelets, good for gundlach for saying something about the whole thing and that nobody should shoot the messenger here's a tidbit fron GalensGhost:

Your attitude makes me want to shoot you. Not really, but if I had a shovel....

Dude, there are ways for this assclown to handle whatever his "issues" are. Running to the !($%**!@$&% New York Times -- which also owns the @(#$#@! Tuscaloosa News -- is NOT, NOT, NOT the means to resolve his problems.

Damn right I would shoot this messenger.

yet all of you here are telling us we're wrong for hating marie robbins. a story comes out about AU in the NY Times and oh its garbage its so untrue they're just out to get us, etc....yet a rumor about bama is going around message boards on the internet and its the gospel. i just really don't understand that.

Dude, there are ways for this assclown to handle whatever his "issues" are. Running to the !($%**!@$&% New York Times -- which also owns the @(#$#@! Tuscaloosa News -- is NOT, NOT, NOT the means to resolve his problems.

Damn right I would shoot this messenger.[/b]

You wonder why we had a problem with the NYT articles when they also own the Tuscaloosa News? Did the Tuscalooosa News help with the research? Did the Tuscaloosa News give them a heads up to begin with? Or was it just a red elephant club plant entirely?

You wonder why we had a problem with the NYT articles when they also own the Tuscaloosa News? Did the Tuscalooosa News help with the research? Did the Tuscaloosa News give them a heads up to begin with? Or was it just a red elephant club plant entirely?

you've got to be kidding me.....seriously. and earlier in this thread we were berated for talking about marie robbins helping send us up the river before and we got a "it was a big ol conspiracy by the NCAA to illegaly persecute bama" statement. so now you're saying the whole NYT story was a big ol conspiracy by bama to try and turn AU in? yall are all about some conspiracies against AU football....

you've got to be kidding me.....seriously. and earlier in this thread we were berated for talking about marie robbins helping send us up the river before and we got a "it was a big ol conspiracy by the NCAA to illegaly persecute bama" statement. so now you're saying the whole NYT story was a big ol conspiracy by bama to try and turn AU in? yall are all about some conspiracies against AU football....

Yeah Marie should have then and should still be denying that the UofA paid for Albert Means shouldn't she.

Marie Robbins didn't run to the NYT either. She went through the proper channels and did her job. And she's been vilified for it. There's an enormous difference in what she did and sensationalizing something that should have been handled internally. NYT presented Auburn's "Scandal" as a grade fixing scam for athletes. Nothing could have been farther from the truth and it should never have been in the NYT in the first place.

Marie Robbins didn't run to the NYT either. She went through the proper channels and did her job. And she's been vilified for it. There's an enormous difference in what she did and sensationalizing something that should have been handled internally. NYT presented Auburn's "Scandal" as a grade fixing scam for athletes. Nothing could have been farther from the truth and it should never have been in the NYT in the first place.

ed richardson admitted that their investigation found that a grade was changed for a student athelete from an I to an A

My positions are not contrary.

Gundlach eschewed the proper channels to handle a personal complaint. He used athletics as a vehicle to make his point (whatever that might have been) on a national scale when the connection to the athletic department was tenuous at best -- and under further scrutiny did not exist. The NYT made up a story that, in reality, wasn't there.

Robbins was doing her job.

ed richardson admitted that their investigation found that a grade was changed for a student athelete from an I to an A

They're both vowels. What's the problem?

No she wasn't. Her job has nothing to do with football.

Was she not in the Compliance Dept?

Awwww now I see, at Bama football has never come under the scrutiny of the compliance department. Thanks for the clarification. :thumbsup:

They're both vowels. What's the problem?

Dang it, I've got to clean my keyboard now...

Guest Tigrinum Major

Did Shula's job have anything to do with discipline on the football team?

Then why didn't you want him to lose his job for lack of performance while you want Robbins to be fired for possibly overstepping her bounds?

Why do you hate doing the right thing?

Did Shula's job have anything to do with discipline on the football team?

Then why didn't you want him to lose his job for lack of performance while you want Robbins to be fired for possibly overstepping her bounds?

Why do you hate doing the right thing?

Sorry, that analogy really doesn't work for me.

She's in the athletic department. The issues she allegedly reported were violations of SEC and NCAA policy. I think that's reasonable. She has an obligation to act.

Grundflop made a stink about athletics when no such issue existed. Yes, yes somebody's going to whine that "an athlete's grade was changed" They fail to note that grades were also changed for non-athletes under similar circumstances. Therefore no foul, just a bogus diversion.

Saban1.jpg?t=1178033396

No guys, he's right.

Defer the argument to BAMAPERRY.

You've once again outwitted us.

You have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is possible to poorly photoshop a picture your team winning a MNC.

Bravo.

P.S.

Tig, you Fiend, you.

She's in the athletic department. The issues she allegedly reported were violations of SEC and NCAA policy. I think that's reasonable. She has an obligation to act.

Grundflop made a stink about athletics when no such issue existed. Yes, yes somebody's going to whine that "an athlete's grade was changed" They fail to note that grades were also changed for non-athletes under similar circumstances. Therefore no foul, just a bogus diversion.

so, its only ok to blow the whistle on athletes if....you work in the athletic department?

so, its only ok to blow the whistle on athletes if....you work in the athletic department?

Nope. The concept isn't really that difficult. I am tempted to believe that you're throwing up this absurd interpretation as a diversionary tactic. Assuming you're not....I can't type any slower, but I'll try.

Gundlach tried to create an issue about athletics when none existed. He fraudulently used athletics to draw attention to his quixotic crusade. He's a dickbag. Had there been an issue in the athletic department, then yes he would have been within his rights to report it to his supervisor.

Robbins discovered an alleged violation within the athletic department. As a member of said department, she was well within her scope to bring it up.

Archived