Marie Robbins turned Saban in per TIDE INSIDER........

DKW 86

Robbins was doing her job.

No she wasn't. Her job has nothing to do with football.

She's in the athletic department. The issues she allegedly reported were violations of SEC and NCAA policy. I think that's reasonable. She has an obligation to act.

Grundflop made a stink about athletics when no such issue existed. Yes, yes somebody's going to whine that "an athlete's grade was changed" They fail to note that grades were also changed for non-athletes under similar circumstances. Therefore no foul, just a bogus diversion.

so, its only ok to blow the whistle on athletes if....you work in the athletic department?

Nope. The concept isn't really that difficult. I am tempted to believe that you're throwing up this absurd interpretation as a diversionary tactic. Assuming you're not....I can't type any slower, but I'll try.

Gundlach tried to create an issue about athletics when none existed. He fraudulently used athletics to draw attention to his quixotic crusade. He's a dickbag. Had there been an issue in the athletic department, then yes he would have been within his rights to report it to his supervisor.

Robbins discovered an alleged violation within the athletic department. As a member of said department, she was well within her scope to bring it up.

you're the one putting that "absurd interpretation" out there, and the only reason you call it that is because it pretty much blows your logic away. it gets pretty old when anyone gets one up on you its always "you're too stupid to understand me". you were pretty much saying "well gundlach had no right to say anything because he's not in the athletic department.....marie robbins has the right because she is in the athletic department". and also you're basically saying "well grades were also changed for non-athletes too, so that makes it ok". so by what you're saying, it would be okay to change grades for 5 athletes if they changed grades for 15 non-athletes also? its not absurd interpretation.....in plain english, its what you're saying. i typed pretty slow, so hopefully you could understand that ;)

there WAS an issue. i mean, come on.....combined 97 hours for 18 football players. thats 5.3 hours each. they were holding a 3.31 gpa in the directed reading courses but a 2.14 for everything else...don't kid yourself man. or, i guess petee and witte were forced to resign just for the fun of it. gundlach came to the administration in the spring of 05 with these problems, but ed richardson flat out said the protocol after that for reporting was not followed.

like i said before, i find it amusing when a story comes out in a national newspaper and its a conspiracy by bama, its a conspiracy by ny times, its a conspiracy by the professor, the media is out to get au, its everyone else's fault but ours. but oh a rumor is going around some message boards about bama and this is a huge deal and it must be true, etc etc.

by the way....what are the alleged violations? anybody even know?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Robbins was doing her job.

No she wasn't. Her job has nothing to do with football.

She's in the athletic department. The issues she allegedly reported were violations of SEC and NCAA policy. I think that's reasonable. She has an obligation to act.

Grundflop made a stink about athletics when no such issue existed. Yes, yes somebody's going to whine that "an athlete's grade was changed" They fail to note that grades were also changed for non-athletes under similar circumstances. Therefore no foul, just a bogus diversion.

so, its only ok to blow the whistle on athletes if....you work in the athletic department?

Nope. The concept isn't really that difficult. I am tempted to believe that you're throwing up this absurd interpretation as a diversionary tactic. Assuming you're not....I can't type any slower, but I'll try.

Gundlach tried to create an issue about athletics when none existed. He fraudulently used athletics to draw attention to his quixotic crusade. He's a dickbag. Had there been an issue in the athletic department, then yes he would have been within his rights to report it to his supervisor.

Robbins discovered an alleged violation within the athletic department. As a member of said department, she was well within her scope to bring it up.

you're the one putting that "absurd interpretation" out there, and the only reason you call it that is because it pretty much blows your logic away. you were pretty much saying "well gundlach had no right to say anything because he's not in the athletic department.....marie robbins has the right because she is in the athletic department". and also you're basically saying "well grades were also changed for non-athletes too, so that makes it ok". so by what you're saying, it would be okay to change grades for 5 athletes if they changed grades for 15 non-athletes also? its not absurd interpretation.....in plain english, its what you're saying. i typed pretty slow, so hopefully you could understand that ;)

there WAS an issue. i mean, come on.....combined 97 hours for 18 football players. thats 5.3 hours each. they were holding a 3.31 gpa in the directed reading courses but a 2.14 for everything else...don't kid yourself man. or, i guess petee and witte were forced to resign just for the fun of it. gundlach came to the administration in the spring of 05 with these problems, but ed richardson flat out said the protocol after that for reporting was not followed.

by the way....what are the allegations?

You couldn't be more wrong. I said Gundlach had no right to say anything because he tried to use athletics as the focal point when his real complaint had nothing to do with athletics. He did so because he knew the NYT and Tuscaloosa News would have zero interest in an internal squabble in his pissy little department. So he pointed his bung digging finger at a fire that didn't exist.

Why is that so HARD for you to understand. There was NOT an issue. You'd love for there to be one and you'll keep telling yourself there was, but there wasn't. Athletes were an insignificant part of the sample. What was done for them was no different than what was done for a number of other students. It was NOT a problem in the athletic department. It was Diplick's smokescreen and his hook to get in the news. He's a horse-manure sucking piece of monkey spuzz and a liar.

I don't have any idea what Robbins found. Or even if she did find anything. The question was whether she'd be in the right to report it. And the answer to that is Y.E.S.

ed richardson admitted that their investigation found that a grade was changed for a student athelete from an I to an A

All "I" grades are changed. "I" means "Incomplete". A grade of I is changed to A,B,C,D, or F when the student finishes the work, takes the final exam, or otherwise takes care of whatever the holdup was. It's a rare student that doesn't have one or more "I" grades at some point in his/her college career. Usually it's an "I" for only a few days, then is changed to whatever the final grade is.

Every "I" grade ever given has been changed to something else, so changing an "I" grade is no indication of mis-deed.

PART TWO:

Marie Robbins reported her findings through the proper channels.

Gundlach did not.

Therein lies the difference, and it's a very, very big difference.

ed richardson admitted that their investigation found that a grade was changed for a student athelete from an I to an A

All "I" grades are changed. "I" means "Incomplete". A grade of I is changed to A,B,C,D, or F when the student finishes the work, takes the final exam, or otherwise takes care of whatever the holdup was. It's a rare student that doesn't have one or more "I" grades at some point in his/her college career. Usually it's an "I" for only a few days, then is changed to whatever the final grade is.

Every "I" grade ever given has been changed to something else, so changing an "I" grade is no indication of mis-deed.

PART TWO:

Marie Robbins reported her findings through the proper channels.

Gundlach did not.

Therein lies the difference, and it's a very, very big difference.

then why did he even bother mentioning it? why didn't he say there was nothing out of the ordinary?

no, marie robbins did not report her findings through the proper channels. she's not the compliance officer. shes in charge of women's athletics and i think maybe men's track and field. whether she tried to bring this alleged incident to the compliance person's attention, who knows because the whole thing is just a rumor at this point. gundlach brought the problem to the attention of the administration in spring 05, and ed richardson admitted that he did and that protocol was not followed in administration to pass the information up the chain.

Archived