UAT qb jimmy barnes

kickinwang

He could enroll at a 1-AA school and play right away, like saaayyy...Ole Miss.

not so fast my friend.

yaw yaw yaw yaw yaw...Brent Schaefer

What, Jimmy Barnes quit the team? This is outrageous!! You should never quit on your teammates!!

Signed,

Mark Guilion

Fanuzzi > McElroy

All day. Anyday.

Maybe we should wait until he makes it to his first college practice before we say that...

Just check out the film clips of Fanuzzi on YouTube.

He's got the goods, dude. I promise.

I've seen clips of him. Tons. But everyone looks good on film. McElroy looked amazing on film, and has been lauded in practice reports.

Fanuzzi > McElroy

All day. Anyday.

Maybe we should wait until he makes it to his first college practice before we say that...

Mark my words.....or just right 'em down, I don't care. Nicky fanUzzi, is not the second coming of anything....Well, he might be the second coming of the Mexican food I ate earlier. I watched ALL the tapes, even the one when he was the QB/RB/TE/WR/T/G/C/DE/DT/OLB/MLB/DB(s)/K/P/Head Coach/Water Boy/the guy at the concession stand that kept saying "I Love Pancakes!!"... during the Wee Wee Championship Game. He a has Horrible throwing motion, he looks at the receiver the Entire time before throwing to him, plus he Pushes the ball when he throws deep. And, in alot of the tapes even in Wee Wee, all he did was Chunk the ball deep.... Just wait until ANY SEC LB is coming at him Full Tilt, before you go shooting your mouth off by claiming him to be the next.......whatever... He might be good one day, Only with the right QB coach and system.

Fanuzzi?? Wasn't he that biker dude on Happy Days? He's a little old to be playing SEC football, don't cha' think?

Nick Saban stared at the NCAA Eligibility committee until they melted. Then he split himself into five different bodies, each with the power to morph into whatever shape they chose. He first commanded them to morph into the bodies of the puddled Eligibility Committee members and then directed them to sign papers granting The Fonz an extra four years of eligibility.

Then he commanded four of them to turn into plates of pancakes and one to morph into a gallon of orange juice. He ate the pancakes and drank the OJ.

Fanuzzi > McElroy

All day. Anyday.

From what I’ve seen (video) of both guys, McElroy is a better talent than Fanuzzi. If McElroy can get the offense down he could be what we thought we were getting in Blake Field. An athletic QB with an average arm that can make some things happen with his legs.

Robert Marve would have been better than both of these guys. I still don't know what happened with that kid. Did he and his family love Shula that much?

Fanuzzi > McElroy

All day. Anyday.

From what I’ve seen (video) of both guys, McElroy is a better talent than Fanuzzi. If McElroy can get the offense down he could be what we thought we were getting in Blake Field. An athletic QB with an average arm that can make some things happen with his legs.

Robert Marve would have been better than both of these guys. I still don't know what happened with that kid. Did he and his family love Shula that much?

Oh well. I disagree. McElroy looked pretty weak to me at A-Day, but BG sees it otherwise. Hopefully, he's right and I'm wrong.

I was never high on Marve, btw. He'll be a bust at UM.

Guest Tigrinum Major

I am not going to do a search (because I am lazy and you don't have a long history of untruths) to find out if you were never high on Marve, but your statement, based on comments from every other Alabama fan with a computer and internet access short bike ride to the library, is hilarious and very predictable.

Fanuzzi > McElroy

All day. Anyday.

Oh well. I disagree. McElroy looked pretty weak to me at A-Day, but BG sees it otherwise. Hopefully, he's right and I'm wrong.

You're the first person I've ever heard say that about Marve. Most expect him to redshirt this year and take over for Wright as a redshirt freshman. The kid may not be great but he'll be an above average QB.

I am not going to do a search (because I am lazy and you don't have a long history of untruths) to find out if you were never high on Marve, but your statement, based on comments from every other Alabama fan with a computer and internet access short bike ride to the library, is hilarious and very predictable.

I never gave him a favorable comment. I didn't post anything negative about him, but I never gave him praise on the internet or in the real world. I was glad to see him sign with another school.

All the video I saw of Marve...he looked more polished than Fanuzzi.

I'm not saying that Marve is a bad player. I just don't ever see him playing at the level of Fanuzzi. He's got some nice touch on his passes and I'm a big fan of dual threat QBs. Fanuzzi looked pretty awesome running the football. It's on YouTube.

Jimmy Barnes is a great kid and a team player, he was just plagued with a lot of physical problems as well. He had mono in 2005 and took forever to recover from that. He tore his ACL and spent this Spring in rehab. Poor guy just never got any breaks, and I hope he can produce and succeed in Div. II.

McElroy seems to be a pretty decent QB. Those who think he didn't perform well in the Spring game don't take into consideration that the 2nd team O-line couldn't keep the Defensive ends out of his face. He rarely had the time to throw that JPW had in that game. McElroy, Fanuzzi, and whoever else will probably have to wait until the 2009 season to start unless Wilson gets hurt.

I personally, and this just an opinion, think that McElroy has more tools than Fanuzzi. At least right now. I've watched film on both of them from their HS days, and McElroy was hell on wheels in HS. He didn't get the exposure because he was behind Chase Daniels until his senior year. Now, that may never equate to excellence in the SEC, but he tore up all the records in Texas 5-A football in 2005. That's no easy task.

On a side note, Wilson seems to have more arm strength this season.

not so fast my friend.

Jevan Sneed the 5 star Qb left Texas and will transfer to the ole Miss

not so fast my friend.

Actually, Seth Adams was named the starter in the spring.

ITAT

not so fast my friend.

ITAT

I forgot about Snead. It sure is a good thing Ogre has no idea what he is doing on the sidelines.

not so fast my friend.

ITAT

Jevon has to sit out this year

not so fast my friend.

ITAT

I forgot about Snead. It sure is a good thing Ogre has no idea what he is doing on the sidelines.

I agree 100 percent with you, he is a great recruiter, I hope he never figures it out

not so fast my friend.

ITAT

Matt, Jevon has to sit out this year

Gotcha'.

Is Sneed that good? I've heard he's not the talent everyone thought he was coming out of HS? I've just never seen the kid in action.

not so fast my friend.

ITAT

Gotcha'.

Is Sneed that good? I've heard he's not the talent everyone thought he was coming out of HS? I've just never seen the kid in action.

My rivals guru Prowler was very high on him out of high school so Ill say if he lives up to half the hype, he should be very good

not so fast my friend.

ITAT

Gotcha'.

My rivals guru Prowler was very high on him out of high school so Ill say if he lives up to half the hype, he should be very good

yea.....to bad Ole Miss will be sitting on the Probation Bench....right next to 'bama, within the next four years. Anyone wondering how USuCk had such Great recruiting class with Coach O as the recruiting coordinator?

Fanuzzi?? Wasn't he that biker dude on Happy Days? He's a little old to be playing SEC football, don't cha' think?

Nick Saban stared at the NCAA Eligibility committee until they melted. Then he split himself into five different bodies, each with the power to morph into whatever shape they chose. He first commanded them to morph into the bodies of the puddled Eligibility Committee members and then directed them to sign papers granting The Fonz an extra four years of eligibility.

Then he commanded four of them to turn into plates of pancakes and one to morph into a gallon of orange juice. He ate the pancakes and drank the OJ.

Milk comes from mammals.

I have been told that Rob Ezell from Athens High School will be an invited walk-on at Bammer this year. He is the states all time leader in career yards with over 11,000 rushing and passing combined. Dont know if he can play D1 but that is just what i hear.

Archived