Across the street from Bryant Denny

drewau02

A freeking graveyard. Are you kidding me? No, that doesn't freek me out. I can't believe that noone on this page has mentioned this fact before.

Listen, I'm not trying to demean the dead folks whose bodies lay across the street from the stadium. I'm sure they were very fine people when they walked on this earth. And maybe there's some legitimite reason why the graveyard is located across the street from BD stadium.

I'm bringing this topic to light because I went through Tuscalosa today on a business trip. This was the third time that I have ever been to Tuscalosa and that would mean that I have been there more times than the average UA fan. This was the first time that I had ever seen the entire stadium up close which means I've seen the stadium up close more times than the average UA fan. Needless to say I was flabbergasted by the graveyard and I can't believe that I've never heard any Auburn fan mention it before.

So please Bama fans, give me the history lesson behind the graveyard.

I believe Clemson also has a graveyard next to their stadium. Hence the name "Death Valley."

I believe Clemson also has a graveyard next to their stadium. Hence the name "Death Valley."

So does this mean that we can rename BD to "Death to every Bama team who plays Auburn at home Valley"?

I don't get it. What's the big deal?

-Edit- We have over 92k show up for the spring game and sell out every freaking game. Yet, you claim our fans have never visited the campus or seen our stadium? Weak sauce.

I have pointed it out many times before.

It is where the Tide fans go bury their overblown expectations and overrated recruits.

A freeking graveyard. Are you kidding me? No, that doesn't freek me out. I can't believe that noone on this page has mentioned this fact before.

Listen, I'm not trying to demean the dead folks whose bodies lay across the street from the stadium. I'm sure they were very fine people when they walked on this earth. And maybe there's some legitimite reason why the graveyard is located across the street from BD stadium.

I'm bringing this topic to light because I went through Tuscalosa today on a business trip. This was the third time that I have ever been to Tuscalosa and that would mean that I have been there more times than the average UA fan. This was the first time that I had ever seen the entire stadium up close which means I've seen the stadium up close more times than the average UA fan. Needless to say I was flabbergasted by the graveyard and I can't believe that I've never heard any Auburn fan mention it before.

Kudos for not dropping the cursory ..."I saw their stadium and it sucked"...line that every other AU fan throws out there.

They have a graveyard inside the stadium as of late as well.

I don't know what the stadium is like now. I have not been since the renovations were complete. Last game I was at was when Georgia went to Tuscaloosa so it has been a while. I do know something needed to be done to free up congestion after you got in the gate but before you went into the actual stadium.

It is where the Tide fans go bury their overblown expectations and overrated recruits.

Now that is funny!

Kudos for not dropping the cursory ..."I saw their stadium and it sucked"...line that every other AU fan throws out there.

Well yeah...there's that too. :poke:

:au::homer:

-Edit- We have over 92k show up for the spring game and sell out every freaking game. Yet, you claim our fans have never visited the campus or seen our stadium? Weak sauce.

Don't forget that your fans don't know the words to the fight song, either. I have been in a room w/ 10 Turds before and literally not a one could sing the fight song. And I imagine you could tell the same story.

I've got a couple good friends who are Bama alums, and they were the first to point out to me that all of the above is true. I believe the exact quote was "Most Bama fans couldn't tell you how to get to Tuscaloosa". I should point out that these guys have a mighty healthy dislike for Auburn.

Congrats on all the sellouts, but please don't pretend that a full stadium 8 times a year represents a majority of your fans. Remember now, you're part of a "nation".

As for the 92k showing up for the spring game, it's no different than the insane $ you ponied up for a so-so coach. It's not support, or spirit, or tradition. It's desperation. It's unrealistic expectations. It's sad.

(Please note that I have nothing bad to say about your stadium)

What's the history behind the graveyard?

Well it's where the deceased are buried, but that's not important right now.

I don't get it. What's the big deal?

I would say 70% of those fans that "sell out" bammer games are alums and current students, so yes not many of those non student fans see their beloved Jordan Hare West more than once or twice. I love how every bammer proudly boasts that they have "sold out every game since 1776" :rolleyes: Truth be told, they may sell every ticket through season packages and scalpers but Jordan Hare West is hardly ever SRO.

What's the history behind the graveyard?

Well it's where the deceased are buried, but that's not important right now.

Got it. ;)

I figured it had to have some historical meaning or they would just relocate the graves. Kinda creepy either way.

I don't really understand what the big deal is. To my knowledge, the graveyard is not part of the university facilities...isn't it owned by the city?

So what difference would it make whether it's a graveyard, a pond, a parking lot, or a 7-11?

I have been to BDS many times, and never once has the graveyard been a problem, or has anyone even said anything about it.

I don't really understand what the big deal is. To my knowledge, the graveyard is not part of the university facilities...isn't it owned by the city?

So what difference would it make whether it's a graveyard, a pond, a parking lot, or a 7-11?

I have been to BDS many times, and never once has the graveyard been a problem, or has anyone even said anything about it.

just poking fun at bammers. They are a very self conscience breed and would start digging if anyone ever complained.

Bryce on one side. Graveyard on the other.

BTW, The spring game wasnt a "sell out." You cant "sell out" when you give the tickets away.

BTW, The spring game wasnt a "sell out." You cant "sell out" when you give the tickets away.

Or as I heard it put.....

"Nick those were not your fans, they were your lynch mob."

Bryce on one side. Graveyard on the other.

BTW, you're partially right.

If you want to call it a "filled stadium" instead of a sell out, then by all means... However, there were no tickets. When there are no tickets, you can't give them away.

Archived