Live Earth

AU alum

Does it p*** anyone else off that Gore is getting free advertising for President thru this? (Yes, I know he hasn't said he's running yet, but does anyone here question that?)

I don't believe he's going to run. But at least the shows were pretty good. The Police sounded great as did Foo Fighters. Keith Urban and Alicia Keys tore up "Gimme Shelter." There were several good performances.

I don't believe he's going to run. But at least the shows were pretty good. The Police sounded great as did Foo Fighters. Keith Urban and Alicia Keys tore up "Gimme Shelter." There were several good performances.

I heard a bit of how Kanye West shredded Message in a Bottle , when asked to come up on stage. The jag-off didn't even know the words to the song. A sad ending to what seems to have been a fine set by The Police.

Kanye is a talentless idiot.

AlGore is an idiot.

This meaningless weekend will help Gore about as much as it helped the planet. Not at all. *Noting the ratings, it seems if AlGore was hoping for a pre announcement bounce, he'd better guess again.

I also heard a clip of Simon Lebon of Duran Duran addressing the crowd..." All of you who arrived by private jet, raise your hands!" Of course, about the only ones in the arenas who DID arrive by private jet were the performers and the elite jet set crowd who came to watch, from their box suites, of course. Which not only shows the hypocrisy of the concerts, but I'm pretty sure Simon was making fun of the whole farce that was 'Live Earth'.

I intentionally avoided it. So as to not support those tree hugging hippie freaks by proxy.

I also borrowed my friends Hummer, cut off the cats, and drove it in circles in the parking lot at the least fuel efficient speed.

I burned 3 tires to celebrate Live Earth. We emptied out the cabinet underneath the sink too. I poured all the unused and old cleaners into a stream running by my house. I figured that would be the best way to dilute them. I also changed my oil and poured the old stuff behind my fence.

Pink Floyd stole the show. Piggie made an appearance.

Everyone needs to hug a tree once in a while.

Pink Floyd stole the show. Piggie made an appearance.

Everyone needs to hug a tree once in a while.

I agree, we all need to hug a tree every now and then. But this wasnt about hugging trees. This was about you watching and acknowledging that "I," (I being celebrity du jour) hug trees better than anyone else. In short, it was a toot your own horn show so that you can reap $Ms at the box office, record aisle, etc.

I intentionally avoided it. So as to not support those tree hugging hippie freaks by proxy.

AMEN! The idiots at Armed Forces Network carried this BS all weekend. I turned off the tube, went outside and got some yard work done.

I burned 3 tires to celebrate Live Earth

That's what I'm talking about! I hope you used diesel fuel to get the tires going! It's how I celebrate Earth Day every year. :big: Starting next year, I'm going to cut down 5 trees in addition to the burning tire. It's my form of protest over the big brother mentality this hippie crap has evolved into.

The Daily Mail has the estimated totals on the havoc caused by this BS. Unfortunately, they include a way too large, eye bleach invoking picture of Madonna in fishnet stockings in the article.

I guess we aren't the only ones that hate being lectured by rich a**holes with private jets about environmental damage and living green lifestyles.

I do my part. Every year I save up all of my six pack rings, and place them into their own special garbage bags. Then every summer, I take the garbage bags and dump them into the ocean.

I do my part. Every year I save up all of my six pack rings, and place them into their own special garbage bags. Then every summer, I take the garbage bags and dump them into the ocean.

Good for you! Dolphins like to have plastic rings to play with.

dolphingame300.gif

Madonna has still got a killer body, hope my wife looks that good in her forties:) Has anyone else noticed how she tries to act Engish with her accent. Back in 1984 she sounded like she was from New Jersey.

Whenever I change the oil in my car, I like to pour the used oil in the pond down from our home. I wait for a sunny day to do it because you should see the beautiful colors on top of the water when the sun reflects off the oil as it spreads. Can you imagine the view the fish get every time I do this for them?

There are many thoughtful ways we can help our animal friends.

Maybe all the turned off televisions helped offset the enormous carbon footprint these environuts created.

`Live Earth' Concerts No Big TV Draw

NEW YORK (AP) -- Given a choice among the Police, John Mayer and Madonna on television or a summer's night out, millions of Americans chose the latter.

The Live Earth concert, Al Gore's sprawling worldwide effort to raise environmental awareness, wasn't a big television draw. NBC's Saturday-night highlights show was seen by 2.75 million people, according to Nielsen Media Research, or fewer people than watched the soccer match between Argentina and Peru that night on Univision.

The Live Earth showing is slightly under the 2.9 million who watched the Live 8 concert on ABC in 2005, Nielsen said.

"I don't think it was the kind of thing where people were talking like they had to get home to watch it," said Marc Berman, analyst for Media Week Online.

The week of July 4th is generally the least-watched one of the year for broadcast television networks, and people are accustomed to tuning out TV on Saturday nights, Berman said. Televised concerts have not been a big draw over the past few years, particularly when 1960s-era artists are not prominently involved.

Link

This is why the Left wing's faux cause for saving the Earth is so dangerous.

. Now you’ve heard today a lot of people say that there are many little things that you all can do today to avert climate change on your own. But I will tell you this, it is more important than buying compact fluorescent light bulbs or than buying a fuel efficient automobile. The most important thing you can do is to get involved in the political process and get rid of all of these rotten politicians that we have in Washington D.C.—who are nothing more than corporate toadies for companies like Exxon and Southern Company, these villainous companies that consistently put their private financial interest ahead of American interest and ahead of the interest of all of humanity. This is treason and we need to start treating them now as traitors.
- Robert F Kennedy Jr.

He clearly spells it out for all to see. This 'event' and the cause it supposidly represents isn't about saving the planet, but about getting actively involved politically. There's no doubt as to what side of the aisle he means by that remark either. But it only gets worse. Such 'villainous' companies, like Exxon , put their private financial interest ahead of American interest. Yes, Robert, that's what a free market does. It doesn't cater to a state mandated policy, but answers to it's STOCK HOLDERS, those who freely use their money on the hopes that the company they support will make a profit. And then finally, Robert drops the big one..." This is treason ! ..and we need to start treating them now as traitors! " . Adolph Hitler, who your grandfather so dearly supported, couldn't have agreed more.

So Robert, who are you going to line up first and kill ? Will it be members of the board? Or will it be random stockholders, like my mom , and thousands and thousands of every day folks, who used their Exxon stock as part of their retirement plans ?

The Kennedies' own as much stock in these companies as anyone. Junior is all puff and blow and no substance. He is actually talking about his own family.

Archived