Dee Finley second thoughts???

WAR EAGLE!!!

Another Thursday visitor (to practice) that might have raised a few eyebrows was Auburn High School safety Dee Finley. Finley, considered one of the nation's top safety prospects, committed early to Florida.

Tracking the Tigers

Come on Dee...you know you liked what you saw! Make the switch!!!

He'll be a Tiger in the end.

The old saying about continue play around the creek bank and eventually you will fall in. That is what I expect will happen here. How can he hang out with our football program and not get the bug?

He'll be a Tiger in the end.

The old saying about continue play around the creek bank and eventually you will fall in. That is what I expect will happen here. How can he not hang out with our football program and not get the bug?

...or wait until they send him through Tiger Walk with the players before a big game this fall.

I saw him at practice. I figured it must be him because theres not too many 6-3 guys walking around out there.

Guest Tigrinum Major

...or wait until they send him through Tiger Walk with the players before a big game this fall.

I might be wrong, but I don't think they can do that with recruits anymore.

I might be wrong, but I don't think they can do that with recruits anymore.

You are right. Someone cried "unfair advantage" over it.

I saw him at practice. I figured it must be him because theres not too many 6-3 guys walking around out there.

Not too many? Just our entire OL, DL, most of our WR's, all of our TE's, a few DB's, a couple QB's, a few LB's,.....just about our Whole Team except for a few... lol. When did they nip the Tiger Walk, with the recruits, in the bud? They can't do that. bama let's their recruits walk through the "Walk of Has Beens."

Not too many? Just our entire OL, DL, most of our WR's, all of our TE's, a few DB's, a couple QB's, a few LB's,.....just about our Whole Team except for a few... lol. When did they nip the Tiger Walk, with the recruits, in the bud? They can't do that. bama let's their recruits walk through the "Walk of Has Beens."

Yeah, but that makes no difference to the recruits. May even make them lean against SPUAT.

IMO, the Coaches at Alabummer would never let a player of Finley's caliber defect to another State! We need to keep working on him..... Talk to MOM Tubs!

• 2 weeks later...

when did they stop allowing recruits to go through tiger walk? I know we wouldn't let them for the Ironbowl but how recent did they stop all together. UGA used to let them walk too for their dawg walk.

• 1 month later...

At the risk of having this post deleted like my last one - simply because I don't post often enough or because I stepped on some bammer toes - I'm giving it a shot anyway. Just wondered if Dee Finley was a guest of UF at the game last night or if the game helped him have second thoughts about his commitment to UF. Anyone know?

How in the world can such a high profile player who's not only from Alabama but from Auburn High School not go to AU?????

I mean there shouldn't even be another option. He must not like the coaches, otherwise I can't explain.......

How in the world can such a high profile player who's not only from Alabama but from Auburn High School not go to AU?????

I mean there shouldn't even be another option. He must not like the coaches, otherwise I can't explain.......

The lure of a defending national champion is your explanation.

Another explanation could be that he's a relatively poor kid and never been much of anywhere and would love to get away from Alabama. Perhaps there's problems in the family or local temptations he wants to get away from or maybe there's $$$$$ involved. Who knows? I DO know that if I were Tubs, I would try and change the kids mind harder then it seems he's doing!

Or he could see the writing on the wall with the Auburn dbs. Weve kinda got a stacked house back there right now.

Or he could see the writing on the wall with the Auburn dbs. Weve kinda got a stacked house back there right now.

Not really.

Yeah, you're right. Aaron Savage, Zac Etheridge, and Mike McNeil are all about to graduate and are fairly terrible.

Not really.

Yeah, you're right. Aaron Savage, Zac Etheridge, and Mike McNeil are all about to graduate and are fairly terrible.

Savage and Etheridge were both recruited to play CB but got moved to S because of total lack of depth at the position. Both have looked very good, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if we'd move Etheridge back to CB if we landed Finley. Either way, behind those three we have absolutely no one except Ferguson, who has been a huge bust.

From what I have heard Dee Finley might have some struggles before playing College Football anywhere. He h************************************************** ******************************************************************************* *******************************************************************************

Guest Tigrinum Major

From what I have heard Dee Finley might have some struggles before playing College Football anywhere. He *********************************************************************** ******************************************************************************* *******************************************************************************

Just a hint. Making accusations that no one has ever heard of against a high school kid that is being recruited without some sort of backup is a big no-no. Expect to get your hand slapped. Provide some backup in the form of a link and I'll unmask the info.

Not really.

Tell me they arent better than what UF has back there.

Archived