Castille arrested?

quietfan

I tell ya what. Dump a girlfriend, she's been scorned and calls the police falsley accusing you. You WILL get arrested and go to jail.

I never thought these words would come out of my mouth.

He's right, I can attest to this.

Remind me next time we are all together. Pretty good story relating to this. I mean it's no heated Peso or Korean pffft but it's not bad.

BTW Supper I pee on Denny Chimes every chance I get. I know I will get caught one day but the stories will be o so good!

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If alcohol was involved, he wouldn't have been released 2 hours after being arrested. You know that.

It took them two hours to figure out he wasn't one of those pesky Gremlins.

gremlins-2-dvd-image-12.jpg

KFMNKOISUBDWPMC.20070705152848.jpg

I'm probably the only one in the universe that thinks the Castille family all look like Gremlins, but that's just what I think. So it's funny to me.

Is it possible to post a picture of yourself so that we can all understand how much of an eye-candy you are..?

Mobile Press-Register report:

http://www.al.com/sports/mobileregister/in....xml&coll=3

Monday, August 20, 2007

By GENTRY ESTES

Sports Reporter

TUSCALOOSA -- Neither alcohol nor fighting were behind Sunday's early morning arrest of Alabama senior cornerback Simeon Castille, according to a Tuscaloosa Police Department spokesman.

Castille, 21, was charged with disorderly conduct and booked into the Tuscaloosa County Jail at 3:30 a.m. He made $500 bond and was released at 4:25 a.m., according to jail records.

Law mandates that an inmate must remain in jail at least six hours if alcohol played a role in the arrest, which it did not for Castille.

"There was no alcohol. There was not a fight of any kind," said Capt. Greg Kosloff of the TPD. "He met the elements of disorderly conduct and that's why he was arrested."

Police withheld an arrest report detailing Castille's alleged infraction Sunday afternoon, saying the investigation was ongoing and witnesses were still being interviewed.

The arrest occurred around 2 a.m. in the vicinity of the Jupiter Bar and Grill at 1307 University Blvd., a popular area near campus known as "The Strip." A sign outside the club promoted Saturday as "Dance Night."

Employees working at a restaurant across the street at the time said they didn't notice a disturbance at the time of Castille's arrest. Disorderly conduct is a Class C misdemeanor which carries a fine of no more than $500 and no more than three months in jail.

Alabama coach Nick Saban has not yet punished Castille, the Crimson Tide's leader last season with six interceptions.

The Alabama sports information office released a brief statement Sunday, saying Saban "hasn't had the opportunity to gather all of the facts. He is aware of the situation and will handle it internally."

The Alabama squad had two scheduled days off after Saturday's scrimmage and leading up to the Sept. 1 season opener against Western Carolina.

Castille's father Jeremiah, a standout Alabama defensive back from 1979-82, declined comment when reached Sunday, as did his wife Jean. A call to brother Tim Castille, a former Alabama fullback, was not returned.

Heading into his senior season, Simeon Castille wasn't just expected to be a starter for the Crimson Tide, but a leader for the entire squad. Castille, who was suspended for the Cotton Bowl following the 2005 season because of academic issues, is one of four players featured on posters around campus and one of two representing Alabama at last month's SEC media days in Hoover.

This wasn't the first hint of trouble for Alabama football this offseason. Three other Tide players were arrested and charged July 14 outside a club on "The Strip."

Linebacker Brandon Fanney and tailback Roy Upchurch each received disorderly conduct counts, while defensive lineman Brandon Deaderick was charged with criminal mischief, resisting arrest and providing a false name.

Saban later said the players could avoid game suspensions.

"These players have been given things they need to do, and they are doing them," Saban said last month. "If they do them properly, learn from their mistakes, improve as people, then they won't face any suspensions or anything that will affect their ability to perform on the field."

Just wondering...what does "There was no alcohol. There was not a fight of any kind" mean vis-a-vis the wrestling story? Sounds minor whatever the case.

Okay, I just got finished reading this thread for the first time. I never knew we had so many degenerates on this board. You all should be ashamed, especially you Supper. Pee peeing in public! Shameful.

All the lawyer jokes and it turns out you're all a bunch of hoodlums. Hoodlums and ruffians, I tell ya'.

From what is coming out about this story, Simeon should receive ZERO punishment.

The TPD should be ashamed. ASHAMED.

Yeah, if football players are outside bars raising hell, and "playing around" whatever that means, let it go. They can do whatever they want.

No bars on bryant dr. Nice try though homer.

Bottom line, if Saben properly handles this you will not see any of the four players until the third game. If they play before then, then it is Shula all over again. Sitting them for the first game would be a joke since they are playing the East-Southeast Carolina Plumbing and Cosmetology School.

I think Deaderick should be suspended. I don't think Simeon has done anything to warrant a suspension. I fully expect the charges to be dropped. There wasn't even alcohol involved. Tell me what Simeon did wrong based on what we know now.

Guest Tigrinum Major

My point of view falls somewhere between BamaGrad and PChamp's.

There was an incident that warranted some attention. Did it get overblown, as BamaGirl insists? I don't know. I am not ready to absolve the young man of all wrongdoing at this time. We'll probably never know the real story, since we'll get it from two different sets of eyes. But there was something that brought attention to the individual, which is never a good thing at that time of night in that locale.

Now, should he be thrown off the team and run over with the team bus, as PChamp insists? Probably not. Possibly just needs to be reminded that just because you are well known, you don't need to draw extra attention to yourself.

Complicated sitaution that we all see through the eyes that we want to see them through. Argo had the best post on the subject.

Is it possible to post a picture of yourself so that we can all understand how much of an eye-candy you are..?

Ohhhh, nasty. Sorry, I don't roll that way Elton.

If you posted one, would you be made up as Paul Stanley or Gene Simmons?

It just seems to me, on the surface, that this is on the other end of the spectrum when compared to the Deaderick situation.

And I take offense when someone says "if you ever get arrested, you are a punk"

There was an incident that warranted some attention. Did it get overblown, as BamaGirl insists? I don't know. I am not ready to absolve the young man of all wrongdoing at this time. We'll probably never know the real story, since we'll get it from two different sets of eyes. But there was something that brought attention to the individual, which is never a good thing at that time of night in that locale.

Now, should he be thrown off the team and run over with the team bus, as PChamp insists? Probably not. Possibly just needs to be reminded that just because you are well known, you don't need to draw extra attention to yourself.

Complicated sitaution that we all see through the eyes that we want to see them through. Argo had the best post on the subject.

Whoa whoa whoa. I never said anything about a player being kicked off the team. Never - ever. There you guys go again, reading into things that don't exist.

All I said was - if someone gets arrested, they deserved it. It's just like if you are driving over the speed limit. If you are going 75 in a 70, and you get pulled over - you deserved the ticket because you were speeding. Maybe you weren't doing anything to put people in harm and "you should only get ticketed for doing at least 10-15 over." Fact is - you broke the law. I speed all the time, within reason that I don't think I would get ticketed. But if I get pulled over and the cop gives me a ticket, I can't dispute it.

Sometimes, kids just need to accept the penalty. If you don't want to get a ticket or arrested or anything, don't break the law. If you get caught breaking the law - suck it up and take it. Don't try to argue your way out of it and act like you were innocent because you weren't.

Ranger12 - really, do you need to take 2nd grade English all over again? The sentence where I am referring to GG, I am agreeing with him that you can get arrested and still be innocent. That is why they have trials. You are innocent until proven guilty. I'll use a really good example of what I said and maybe you will understand:

Scenario A (Wrong place at wrong time and truly 100% innocent): You walk into the house and your wife, God forbid, has been murdered. You had a fight and the cops accuse you, when you really didn't do it.

In that situation - you were at the wrong place, at the wrong time, and you were 100% innocent. You get a trial (ding ding), which hopefully helps prove it. Now if you are found guilty - that's just bad luck and it sucks.

Scenario B (wrong place at wrong time but not innocent): You were out in public, drunk, took a piss and the cops saw you. You get arrested. It's your own fault.

I don't really know how to make that any clearer for you Ranger, maybe you can explain what you are thinking. What two statements are contradicting themselves and why do you think they are contradicting?

Maybe some of you have been arrested, but I don't take back anything I have said. When you get arrested - your being a punk at the time. Doesn't mean you are one now, but you were a punk at the time.

I've been arrested three times. I wasn't a punk in any of the cases. Sometimes things happen you have no control over, like maybe you piss off the wrong girl or something. You don't have the first clue what you're talking about.

This is some really naive pollyanna crap you're spewing here young dude. It shows -- yet again -- that your connection with the real world is tenuous at best.

Tell you what. Go see if you can figure out the difference between your hole and an ass in the ground and then come back and try again, k?

Oooo, big words from behind a keyboard. Such a tough guy... get a life.

Your a bum and if you get arrested 3 times, there's no excuse for it. Perhaps the reason your such a tightass is one of your inmates found your ass...

Guest Tigrinum Major

All I said was - if someone gets arrested, they deserved it. It's just like if you are driving over the speed limit. If you are going 75 in a 70, and you get pulled over - you deserved the ticket because you were speeding. Maybe you weren't doing anything to put people in harm and "you should only get ticketed for doing at least 10-15 over." Fact is - you broke the law. I speed all the time, within reason that I don't think I would get ticketed. But if I get pulled over and the cop gives me a ticket, I can't dispute it.

Sometimes, kids just need to accept the penalty. If you don't want to get a ticket or arrested or anything, don't break the law. If you get caught breaking the law - suck it up and take it. Don't try to argue your way out of it and act like you were innocent because you weren't.

Ranger12 - really, do you need to take 2nd grade English all over again? The sentence where I am referring to GG, I am agreeing with him that you can get arrested and still be innocent. That is why they have trials. You are innocent until proven guilty. I'll use a really good example of what I said and maybe you will understand:

Scenario A (Wrong place at wrong time and truly 100% innocent): You walk into the house and your wife, God forbid, has been murdered. You had a fight and the cops accuse you, when you really didn't do it.

In that situation - you were at the wrong place, at the wrong time, and you were 100% innocent. You get a trial (ding ding), which hopefully helps prove it. Now if you are found guilty - that's just bad luck and it sucks.

Scenario B (wrong place at wrong time but not innocent): You were out in public, drunk, took a piss and the cops saw you. You get arrested. It's your own fault.

I don't really know how to make that any clearer for you Ranger, maybe you can explain what you are thinking. What two statements are contradicting themselves and why do you think they are contradicting?

So, you can be innocent, get arrested, and still deserve it? The guy in Scenario A deserved it?

That was the contradiction.

And please, please, Please, don't shun me or cut off my hands for getting hauled downtown when I was at a party in High School. There were some people drinking, but i wasn't one of them.

That would be me.

I've been arrested three times. I wasn't a punk in any of the cases. Sometimes things happen you have no control over, like maybe you piss off the wrong girl or something. You don't have the first clue what you're talking about.

I tell ya what. Dump a girlfriend, she's been scorned and calls the police falsley accusing you. You WILL get arrested and go to jail.

I never thought these words would come out of my mouth.

He's right, I can attest to this.

So today we've learned that GalensGhost, BAMAPERRY, and saniflush are all registered date rapists.

Good to know.

I seriously would like to hear the stories. Maybe a spinoff thread?

He gets it.

Maybe some of you have been arrested, but I don't take back anything I have said. When you get arrested - your being a punk at the time. Doesn't mean you are one now, but you were a punk at the time.

This is some really naive pollyanna crap you're spewing here young dude. It shows -- yet again -- that your connection with the real world is tenuous at best.

Tell you what. Go see if you can figure out the difference between your hole and an ass in the ground and then come back and try again, k?

Oooo, big words from behind a keyboard. Such a tough guy... get a life.

Your a bum and if you get arrested 3 times, there's no excuse for it. Perhaps the reason your such a tightass is one of your inmates found your ass...

What's an "a bum" and why does Galen have one?

Sorry, that's twice in the same thread. Couldn't let this one go. It's YOU'RE not YOUR.

To a reporter's question upon the arrest of several Clemson players, "Coach, have you lost control of your team?" Head coach Danny Ford replied "No, but I have lost control of the police department."

Bottom line, if Saben properly handles this you will not see any of the four players until the third game. If they play before then, then it is Shula all over again. Sitting them for the first game would be a joke since they are playing the East-Southeast Carolina Plumbing and Cosmetology School.

Where does it say that a suspension of a player for x amount of games makes a coach a great discliplinarian? Most of the coaches that have done this only suspend them for the games that he expects to win, and for the first big game the player has suddenly paid his dues. I think that there can be some punishment that is worst than sitting out the Western Carolina game.

In my opinion punishment should be something really demeaning that the entire team has to do, and each time someone gets in trouble it would effect the whole team (like Joe Pa did at Penn State..making the players clean the stadium after each game). After a few times of these, the players would take care of the offender themselves, and the coach wouldn't have to step in.

So, you can be innocent, get arrested, and still deserve it? The guy in Scenario A deserved it?

That was the contradiction.

Thank you for point it out. When I was referring to agreeing with GG about having trials - that is when someone doesn't deserve getting arrested. Whenever you are innocent, you don't deserve to be arrested. But that is only if you are truly innocent and not just upset because you got arrested for doing something stupid and got caught.

I'm waiting on the GG response to how his time in jail went.

I'm not going to dignify that pre-pubescent twit with a response.

Date rape, though? I think not. Short and dirty version. Girl I was dating semi moved in. Had a key, anyway. She had some issues. Found an old checkbook from a closed account with an incorrect address in my desk. She wrote 50 checks. Signed my name to all of them. I'm going to school and working part time. I come to work, there's a dude there, he asks my name and when I tell him, I've got all of a sudden got four sheriff's deputies hammering through the door like I'm Al Capone. Slammed around, cuffed and stuffed. I call her to come get me out so I can figure out what's going on. She hangs up on me. Took me a couple of days and a little bit in lawyer's fees, but all that went away. She did too.

I got semi-arrested at the Bear's 315th win. Drunk bama dude was being obnoxious and continually putting his hands on my girlfriend. After Linne Patrick's long run, I put him out of his misery when he started up again. Got cheers from the section, but a trip to the quiet rooms at Legion Field until the game was over. No charges.

By the way, PC, it's pretty clear from reading this thread just who the only punk is here. Give you a hint? Get out a mirror and take a long, hard look. You'll find the punk.

So today we've learned that GalensGhost, BAMAPERRY, and saniflush are all registered date rapists.

Good to know.

I seriously would like to hear the stories. Maybe a spinoff thread?

Well not that but let's just say if you are accused of hitting a woman you have no rights until you get to court and are exonerated. I was, and she was then charged and convicted with multiple things.

The funny stories come out of my mandatory 12 hour "cool off" period in jail. I am not typing them all out for a thread but they are a couple of beers worth of stories when we all get together again.

All I said was - if someone gets arrested, they deserved it.

It's not all you said, but even if it was, it's a patently absurd statement to make. There's a reason there are laws on the books for false arrest and false imprisonment. People actually get arrested and DON'T deserve it. Pull your head out of your ass for a second and get some clean air to your brain before engaging the keyboard, junior.

Back to Castille for a second. The "offense" sounds minor. So was Tray Blackmon's but the biggest transgression there was how the staff found out. He got slapped around for it by both the coaches AND his team mates. The issue with Castille is not so much what happened. Forget all the back and forth about being arrested and deserving it and being a punk etc. He's still a college kid and I'm sorry but minor stuff like this is par for the course. Regardless, I'm sure it's a violation of team rules and this will all come back to how CNS handles it.

The more pressing question on my mind is how many more Castille's can play at Alabama?

Back to Castille for a second. The "offense" sounds minor. So was Tray Blackmon's but the biggest transgression there was how the staff found out. He got slapped around for it by both the coaches AND his team mates. The issue with Castille is not so much what happened. Forget all the back and forth about being arrested and deserving it and being a punk etc. He's still a college kid and I'm sorry but minor stuff like this is par for the course. Regardless, I'm sure it's a violation of team rules and this will all come back to how CNS handles it.

The more pressing question on my mind is how many more Castille's can play at Alabama?

I think the Palmers are on deck.

Archived