Castille arrested?

quietfan

I don't care if a student is intoxicated or if it was the "fault of the police." That's bogus. If a kid is in a situation to get arrested, it is their own damn fault. Anyone that gets arrested is a punk and deserves it - whether they are from Auburn FB player, Alabama FB player, or just a regular Joe.

Call it "being a student and college is the time of your life." I don't want to hear it. I never got arrested. My friends haven't. You can have fun without getting yourself in these situations.

Yeah, I'm a punk. I got arrested when I was at Auburn for pissing in the bushes behind Regions Bank on College Street (after a long night out, mind you). Spent 12 hours in jail and had to do 40 hours of community service because I preferred not to piss my pants. I'm such a punk. I'm guess I'm a low-life scumbag who will never amount to anything. :rolleyes:

I feel for Simeon. Sometimes people get arrested for the stupidest s**t. The same night I got arrested, I ran into a buddy of mine who was in another holding cell. He got arrested b/c he pulled up to a bar on College Street and an empty beer can fell out of the back seat of his car. They arrested him for "Criminal Littering". The APD arrested 50-60 people that night. It was standing room only in all the holding cells. I'm not excusing the alleged 'crime', but sometimes you are just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SupperClub,

I, personally, did not mean any disrespect to anyone who has been arrested for

minor discretions, we all have skeletons in our closets.

But the on going issues at UAT, with Shula and Saban "handling these issues internally"

is just too good to pass up as fodder for the rumor mill. If it happens occasionally, that's

being in the wrong place at the wrong time, but the problems in Tuskaloser are on going,

ad nauseum.

Please accept my apologies.

WAR Eagle!!! :cheer::au::cheer:

I've sat here and watched the reactions to this all day, and I have to say, that while I believe it's a little much to be blowing up a simple indiscretion by Castille, I find it to be a prime example of things to come for Bama.

Time after time, people have pointed out that if Saban treats the media like he's done, then any little thing, let alone the big things, are going to get blown out of proportion.

It's going to Drive Saban crazy eventually...

Have there been discipline issues at UAT? Duh! Of course so. However, that does not mean every little incident, such as this one, is an example of the problem.

Would I have laughed my head off if this was another Simpson/Deadrick type event? You bet I would have. However, from what I am hearing about this particular incident, because of UAT's past discipline problems, it is being made into much more then it is, especially with the media coverage now. Like Chopper said, it is only going to get worse for Saban until he does something that leaves no doubts he is making discipline a very high priority in Tuscaloser.

I do know that since Saban has arrived in town, he has seriously ticked off some influential people in Tuscaloosa outside the athletic department. It does have to make you wonder why the TPD would be so gung-ho to arrest a key UAT player for such a frivolous charge (assuming what I am hearing is accurate) after years of covering up much worse violations. I doubt it would be enough for them to do things to sabotage Saban at the expense of the program, but you know how those bammers can stay bitter. :lol:

It does not sound like Castille has did anything to warrant much discipline, but it will be interesting to see if Saban makes an example out of him anyway because of the incident with Deadrick just a couple of weeks before. Then again, Saban handles these things "internally", so beyond a kid getting kicked off the team, who knows what the punishment is for any indiscretions had from UAT football players.

Call it "being a student and college is the time of your life." I don't want to hear it. I never got arrested. My friends haven't. You can have fun without getting yourself in these situations.

Yes, but to get arrested, that usually means you and your friends would have to leave your mom's basement.

Have there been discipline issues at UAT? Duh! Of course so. However, that does not mean every little incident, such as this one, is an example of the problem.

Would I have laughed my head off if this was another Simpson/Deadrick type event? You bet I would have. However, from what I am hearing about this particular incident, because of UAT's past discipline problems, it is being made into much more then it is, especially with the media coverage now.

I do know that since Saban has arrived in town, he has seriously ticked off some influential people in Tuscaloosa outside the athletic department. It does have to make you wonder why the TPD would be so gung-ho to arrest a key UAT player for such a frivolous charge (assuming what I am hearing is accurate) after years of covering up much worse violations. I doubt it would be enough for them to do things to sabotage Saban at the expense of the program, but you know how those bammers can stay bitter. :lol:

It does not sound like Castille has did anything to warrant much discipline, but it will be interesting to see if Saban makes an example out of him anyway because of the incident with Deadrick just a couple of weeks before. Then again, Saban handles these things "internally", so beyond a kid getting kicked off the team, who knows what the punishment is for any indiscretions had from UAT football players.

"Has did" anything? Sir, please hand over your grammar police credentials. {BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA}

Maybe some of you have been arrested, but I don't take back anything I have said. When you get arrested - your being a punk at the time. Doesn't mean you are one now, but you were a punk at the time.

You can have a fun time and a fun life that don't include activities that will get you arrested. No such thing as "wrong place at the wrong time" unless you are truly 100% innocent. I'm no liberal by any means and feel people should have fun. But if you get caught, I have no simpathy whatsoever. You were drunk and pissed in public. May not be the worse thing ever - but you deserved what you got. Use the bathroom next time. I know it may be difficult, but I think you can do it.

GG, I agree about being innocent and that they have trials for that.

But for stuff like what Simeon and most football players do - they deserve it. They in most likelihood have done much worst things and just haven't been caught.

But for stuff like what Simeon and most football players do - they deserve it. They in most likelihood have done much worst things and just haven't been caught.

Good lord man, what's your problem? One too many wedgies between band and chess club? Hey, just because you got picked on by the jocks at school doesn't mean you have bring post your anger here.

I'm sorry PC, you might be trying to make a valid point, but again, you're coming across as the pee-pee kid on the bus.

Can we move on? We get it. :poke:

PC, David has already made a general warning, but I am going to warn you in particular, you are crossing a line with the bashing of players with saying that Simeon deserved it. Show some maturity or shut up!

I don't care if a student is intoxicated or if it was the "fault of the police." That's bogus. If a kid is in a situation to get arrested, it is their own damn fault. Anyone that gets arrested is a punk and deserves it - whether they are from Auburn FB player, Alabama FB player, or just a regular Joe.

Yet again, you prove to everyone here that you are a full on idiot. Yes...you are an idiot.

There's a reason why everyone here hates your posts.

Maybe some of you have been arrested, but I don't take back anything I have said. When you get arrested - your being a punk at the time. Doesn't mean you are one now, but you were a punk at the time.

You can have a fun time and a fun life that don't include activities that will get you arrested. No such thing as "wrong place at the wrong time" unless you are truly 100% innocent. I'm no liberal by any means and feel people should have fun. But if you get caught, I have no simpathy whatsoever. You were drunk and pissed in public. May not be the worse thing ever - but you deserved what you got. Use the bathroom next time. I know it may be difficult, but I think you can do it.

what's the deal, i thought you were a bama fan? :poke:

seriously, though. kids are going to do stupid stuff. UA guys have gotten arrested. AU guys have gotten arrested. other guys in other D-1 programs have gotten arrested before. young guys do stupid things. now, stuff like fighting the cops and busting a window on a cop car? that's over the "stupid things" line. i would like to see none of our guys getting in trouble, but its going to happen. like i've said before, i'm a reserve cop. there's ALOT of things that an officer has discretion on. such as: peeing in bushes, and a can falling out of the back of a car. :) i am curious what the circumstances are though.

You are so clueless that you contradict yourself in the same post.

In one breathe you say anybody arrested is not 100% innocent and then you say you believe in innocent until proven guilty. Which is it?

FYI....being arrested does not equal being guilty. I support our law enforcement and what they do, but 100% innocent people are arrested everyday. Cops (and witnesses) are human and can make mistakes. Sometimes things do not get cleared up until they get downtown or even later then that. So please put down the "Dungeons and Dragons" book and try to educate yourself on how the legal system, especially "due process", works.

You are so clueless that you contradict yourself in the same post.

In one breathe you say anybody arrested is not 100% innocent and then you say you believe in innocent until proven guilty. Which is it?

FYI....being arrested does not equal being guilty. I support our law enforcement and what they do, but 100% innocent people are arrested everyday. Cops (and witnesses) are human and can make mistakes. Sometimes things do not get cleared up until they get downtown or even later then that. So please put down the "Dungeons and Dragons" book and try to educate yourself on how the legal system, especially "due process", works.

Two things ranger: First, I never named called Simeon or bashed him or anything bad. If you read what I wrote, you realized that what I wrote refers to general people - (you know who) or anyone else that gets caught. I've met Simeon on one occasion and he seemed like a great kid. Everyone makes mistakes. But in my opinion, if someone (I guess I won't put a name here) gets arrested, I feel they deserved it unless they were actually innocent of all and any charges.

2nd, was this just a totally wrong statement by you or what? I said "Unless you are truly innocent." For example - you got accused of something that you actually did not do! I don't know any other way to say that. So how "unless you are truly innocent" and "i agree they have trials that show your innocence" contradict each other, I do not know. Can you explain how they contradict each other?

Bottom line, if Saben properly handles this you will not see any of the four players until the third game. If they play before then, then it is Shula all over again. Sitting them for the first game would be a joke since they are playing the East-Southeast Carolina Plumbing and Cosmetology School.

No such thing as "wrong place at the wrong time" unless you are truly 100% innocent.

If you did not say those things, then please explain to me why the above statements were posted under your screenname? You just flat denied that you said that stuff, but either I speak a different language then you, or you are just too ignorant to know what you have said after you have said it.

I've been arrested three times. I wasn't a punk in any of the cases. Sometimes things happen you have no control over, like maybe you piss off the wrong girl or something. You don't have the first clue what you're talking about.

This is some really naive pollyanna crap you're spewing here young dude. It shows -- yet again -- that your connection with the real world is tenuous at best.

Tell you what. Go see if you can figure out the difference between your hole and an ass in the ground and then come back and try again, k?

Tell you what. Go see if you can figure out the difference between your hole and an ass in the ground and then come back and try again, k?

An oldie but a goodie. You almost made me tear up thinking about my pawpaw. That man had a way with words that made me pay attention. :lol:

Seriously, guys who cares.

People get arrested, It happens all the time.

Don't bash players.

And please, please, Please, don't shun me or cut off my hands for getting hauled downtown when I was at a party in High School. There were some people drinking, but i wasn't one of them. I was seventeen, and I was being a punk. I've punished myself mentally for years over this, but I think if you can find solice eventually you can overcome these horrible acts of punkness. Personally, I have had no human contact since the experience and I still have fun. It puts the lotion on its skin.

Yes, but to get arrested, that usually means you and your friends would have to leave your mom's basement.

:rimshot:

keyboard warning next time please :roflol::campfire: :$:

From what is coming out about this story, Simeon should receive ZERO punishment.

The TPD should be ashamed. ASHAMED.

Yeah, if football players are outside bars raising hell, and "playing around" whatever that means, let it go. They can do whatever they want.

What man has not taken a whiz in public at one point or another in his life? IMO, I think the cop was jealous of what he saw more than anything else. :lol:

In your eyes I may have been acting like a 'punk' when I was arrested, but in my eyes you don't have to be arrested to act like a 'punk'. You drive this point home daily.

I've sat here and watched the reactions to this all day, and I have to say, that while I believe it's a little much to be blowing up a simple indiscretion by Castille, I find it to be a prime example of things to come for Bama.

Time after time, people have pointed out that if Saban treats the media like he's done, then any little thing, let alone the big things, are going to get blown out of proportion.

It's going to Drive Saban crazy eventually...

"Drive"? Why drive? He can walk that very short distance! B)

Archived