Castille arrested?

quietfan

From BamaOnLine. Anyone got other links or more details?

http://alabama.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=703451

Alabama cornerback Simeon Castille, a first-team All-SEC selection in 2006 and a 2007 preseason all-conference pick, was arrested by the Tuscaloosa Police Department early Sunday morning, BOL has learned.

"He was arrested early [sunday] morning and released just after 4 A.M.," said Tuscaloosa County Jail officer S. Spencer.

Castille was not in the arrest database on the Tuscaloosa County Jail website as of 7:30 Sunday morning and department policy prevented Spencer from providing specifics on Castille's arrest.

"Once they have bonded out we are not allowed to provide any more information," Spencer said.

Castille is the fourth UA football player to be arrested in five weeks. Brandon Deaderick (criminal mischief, resisting arrest and giving a false name to officers), Brandon Fanney (disorderly conduct) and Roy Upchurch (disorderly conduct) were arrested on July 14.

Deaderick was arrested by the Tuscaloosa Police Department, while Fanney and Upchurch were charged by UAPD. Deaderick has since applied for youthful offender status, while Fanney and Upchurch are scheduled to appear in District Court this week.

Castille led the SEC in turnovers a season ago, intercepting six passes and recovering three fumbles.

...also, someone on Tidefans alleges he was on Saban's "peer-review" disciplinary committee...great example if so!

Edit: I found it--he is on Saban's "peer intervention group":

http://www.ncaafootball.com/index.php?s=&a...hange_well_id=2

...Saban has established a Peer Intervention Group made up of 15 players who help deal with disciplinary issues. Both center Antoine Caldwell and cornerback Simeon Castille serve on the panel.

``I think it's one of the best additions that he's brought to this football team,'' Caldwell said.

``We're kind of like the self-policing unit on the team. If a guy messes up, we decide that guy's punishment in-house. We provide suggestions to coach Saban. He's open to listening to what we have to say.''

Players who skip too many classes have to appear before them, Castille said.

``The peer group might say you have to go to 6 o'clock (a.m.) study group. You don't want to have to explain to your teammates why you can't get up and get to class,'' he said.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, considering he was released at 4am, we know it wasn't alcohol related. They wouldn't let him go with that short of a turnaround.

At first glance, this doesn't look to be on the magnitude of Deaderick's arrest. Though we will see.

minor stuff. nothing to see. move along.

That's easier to believe when folks have the facts.

It's true, we don't know the specifics of the arrest, and it may be minor. However, we do have these facts:

1) Castille is on the Peer Intervention group and should be expected to set a higher-than-normal example if he's going to serve on that body,

2) Castille is a senior and supposedly a key leader on a defensive squad that is struggling and in dire need of experience and leadership.

And, not so much facts but thoughts:

With the other arrests on the Strip just weeks ago, and two-a-days just wrapping up, shouldn't the players have the fear of God (well, Saban...same thing at uat) in them right now and not be even close to doing anything that could lead to arrest?

How much fun will the Saban/Media battle over this one be at press conferences?

Sorry, BP. The alleged crime may be minor as far as the law is concerned (we dont' know yet), but there's very much to see as far as Bama football and Saban discipline is concerned.

No worries, Saban will handle it internally. We all know he's very keen on discipline and if we learned anything about the arrests a few weeks ago, Saban handles these things swiftly and effectively.

:roflol:

At first glance, this doesn't look to be on the magnitude of Deaderick's disgression. Though we will see.

Disgression? WTF? I'm no wordsmith, but that one sounds made up.

TPD is saying he was arrested for a "Misdemeanor Disorderly Conduct". He was only held for ~2 hours.

Some people who were with him are saying he was wrestling with an Olineman outside a bar and two officers came up and arrested him while he was saying "we were just messing around".

If that turns out to be the case, I can't say that I'll be upset about that one. And since this one isn't alcohol related, I don't think it's that bad.

Obviously not as bad as the Deaderick deal.

To be honest I'm surprised by this. I have many friends that are friends with him and his brother and say they are very classy upstanding guys.

To be honest I'm surprised by this. I have many friends that are friends with him and his brother and say they are very classy upstanding guys.

They are both good kids, but Simeon is known for getting his party on.

At approximately 2 a.m. this morning officers arrested Simeon Castille for disorderly conduct, a class A misdemeanor, at the 1300 block of University Boulevard," Tuscaloosa Police Department public information officer Capt. Greg Kosloff told BOL Sunday morning. "He bonded out on a five hundred dollar bond. The case will be turned over to the municipal court and the case continues under investigation."

I hear Simeon has an attitude. That may be good for on the field, but not so good off.

At first glance, this doesn't look to be on the magnitude of Deaderick's arrest. Though we will see.

Funny, it was of such magnitude that everything was handled within 24 hours internally and he hasn't been suspended... hmm.

I hear Saban dressed up like Napoleon and made Deaderick play Stratego with him for 8 straight hours.

Apparently the elite-level conditioning program Saban installed over the summer is showing signs of success. The players have such stamina that after 2 hours of practice they still can't stop wrestling in public, staying out until 2 am, and headbutting police car windshields.

I need to get that work out plan.

This is just a prime example of the communication problem that Saban will end continuing at Bama.

Is this a big deal? Naw... If you think so, you're just to gun-ho for something unnecessarily. However, the problem will be that we'll never hear it addressed by people that matter at UAT. If it's asked about, and it will be, Saban will act like you've pee'd on his lawn. It'll just be another straw on that camels back, and the camel is sweating, drooling and starting to tremble.

WOOO HOOO ...staying out until 2am. Since when did that become a big deal?

Staying out until 2am is not a big deal, getting put in jail is a big deal

I've just heard a lot of "kids don't need to be out at 2am" crap lately. And it's gettin old.

I've just heard a lot of "kids don't need to be out at 2am" crap lately. And it's gettin old.

It's not just that. It's wrestling with an O-lineman outside a bar enough to get the police called in. Of course, alcohol wasn't involved ... ... of course.

That's like stepping in Sh*t and complaining that the sh*t was brown.

Nobody is complaining about today's youth being out at 2 am. This is about Bama players being disciplined or not and how it'll be handled. That's it.

Let's just wait till Monday and see if it's addressed by the right people. B)

BG, you're looking for a reason to be defensive now. "Staying out until 2am" and "wrestling in public" were supposed to be examples of the extraordinary stamina these young men possess. They aren't just "staying out," they are staying out and displaying fine athletic skills at the same time by wrestling and headbutting car windows. Anyone can do that at 10 pm... but to have the energy to keep it cranking well into the morning, wow. They ooze so much talent, they can't stop oozing it once they leave the football field.

I'm in awe.

Archived