Castille arrested?

quietfan

Guest Tigrinum Major

What's up with the "probably more like" fill in the blank? You don't know what happened, so why are you ASSUMING worse than what's actually being reported? That isn't fair.

I'm not making excuses and I'm not looking for someone else to blame. Stop projecting just because I'm a Bama fan.

I took offense to someone calling Simeon a thug. I know Simeon personally and know what kind of family he came from. Calling him a thug couldn't be more off base.

Why does that make me irrational? Why does that mean I'm making excuses? Did I make an excuse for Deaderick? No I did not.

Why are you ASSUMING the best?

For the record, I think Tim is twice the guy that Simeon is.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not assuming the best. I'm assuming the Castille family isn't a bunch of liars. I'm assuming the witness reports are not lies.

All we have to go on are the facts and witness reports, and what Simeon's parents are saying.

Simeon is a really good guy. And his dad is one of the most genuinely respectable men I've ever met. Tim doesn't party as hard as his brother, but Simeon is a pretty stand up dude.

You're totally missing the point BG. I'm not saying Simeon is a bad kid at all but your fan base’s reaction to this is down right embarrassing. It's always someone else's fault when something goes bad in Tuscaloosa. Part of being a man is owning up to mistakes you make and not trying to shift blame. Did you see this kind of belly aching when some of our guys had problems with the law? NO!!!

But just go back to what you and your kind do best, spin baby spin.

I guess his parents should just shut up and take it too? In this case, I think the TPD was wrong. I think cops can sometimes get a little power happy. And that's probably what happened here. In the Deaderick situation, I don't remember many Alabama fans saying it wasn't his fault. Plenty of threads on BOL saying the kid should be kicked off the team actually.

So let me see if I got this correct, you and the tooth-less masses know more about criminal justice than the TPD? He was arrested BG, bottom line end of the story......

Let's don't size Simeon up for a halo just yet. This is a kid that has had to be disciplined in the past. I honestly don't think the Bammers would be so up in arms to defend him if he wasn't your team chaplain's son.

I'm not assuming the best. I'm assuming the Castille family isn't a bunch of liars. I'm assuming the witness reports are not lies.

All we have to go on are the facts and witness reports, and what Simeon's parents are saying.

Simeon is a really good guy. And his dad is one of the most genuinely respectable men I've ever met. Tim doesn't party as hard as his brother, but Simeon is a pretty stand up dude.

And those witness's wouldn't view things in a better light for Simeon would they? How many times have you seen one or more parent of an accused person spouting off about how great the accused is?

Why are we to ASSUME the "witnesses" are NOT lying and the POLICE OFFICER is "Power hungry"?

I would put my trust in the police officer 99% of the time and be very close to the TRUTH.

Nothing good happens after 12:00 midnight!! His father is correct in saying that he is disappointed in Simeon being on the strip at that time of night, etc. A millionaire in waiting should be at home, resting and getting ready for the season to start. Wait to party and get arrested after you are in the NFL...nobody cares then.

Either way this works out...UAT will be the loser! If charges are dropped, it was because he's a football player. If he's prosecuted, it's because he's a football player. The fact that his punishment from the coaching staff will remain a secret only adds to the perception that things are out of control at the Crapstone. CNS needs to make an example out of someone...probably not Simeon, but he needs to plug this sinking ship!

Someone in the Mobile paper had the perfect solution...suspend him from the field for half of the games this season!!! When the UAT offense is on the field, he will not be allowed play!

Every time I see things like this, I'm that much more thankful for CTT!!

Guest Tigrinum Major

Wait to party and get arrested after you are in the NFL...nobody cares then.

We disagree.

Signed,

Tank Johnson, Adam Jones and Mike Vick

Nothing good happens after 12:00 midnight!! His father is correct in saying that he is disappointed in Simeon being on the strip at that time of night, etc. A millionaire in waiting should be at home, resting and getting ready for the season to start. Wait to party and get arrested after you are in the NFL...nobody cares then.

While this does sound like something a mother would say, and is not a very realistic expectation of a college kid, one does have to wonder what exactly he was doing on the Strip (the bar district, where every time I've been there 100% of the people walking the street were intoxicated, or at least had been drinking) at 2 am if this supposedly is "completely non alcohol related". And during fall camp two weeks before kickoff?

There is a reason why eye witness reports are regarded so lowly from a scientific perspective.......

It's because they are unreliable.

So let me see if I got this correct, you and the tooth-less masses know more about criminal justice than the TPD? He was arrested BG, bottom line end of the story......

Let's don't size Simeon up for a halo just yet. This is a kid that has had to be disciplined in the past. I honestly don't think the Bammers would be so up in arms to defend him if he wasn't your team chaplain's son.

I would defend an AU player if I knew him personally...and people were unfairly calling him a thug. That's the difference between you and I. You've never sided with Alabama on anything...because you are so incredibly blinded.

And his "discipline in the past" was from not making grades. Are we to assume that everyone who has ever failed a test is also a thug?

Spoken like someone who's never had fun in college. I was making fun of Alabama call ins yesterday saying the same stupid crap. He's 21 years old, he's just finished with two a days, he doesn't have a game for 2 weeks. What do you people expect? That these 21 year olds are going to give up the most fun time of their lives to go to bed at 9:30 every night? Resting and getting ready for the season to start? Are you serious?

Nothing good happens after midnight...um ok. I'll bet you are a lot of fun at parties.

Why are we to ASSUME the "witnesses" are NOT lying and the POLICE OFFICER is "Power hungry"?

I'm only going off of facts. You can assume everyone lies all the time, but what's the point? The fact of the matter is, those witnesses would have to testify in court if this thing makes it there. You think they are going to LIE on the stand and face imprisonment?

How many times have you seen one or more parent of an accused person spouting off about how great the accused is?

I heard JPWs dad rip him a new one on Bham call in shows after he got his DUI.

What's up with the "probably more like" fill in the blank? You don't know what happened, so why are you ASSUMING worse than what's actually being reported? That isn't fair.

Seriously, take off the Crimson glasses for just a second. Imagine this is some random kid at UGA or LSU or something.

Which is more of a stretch to believe?

A- The police arrested this kid for zero reason as he was minding his own business walking down the street at 2am in the bar district. He did nothing to cause any disturbance or draw any attention to himself but the police are sadistic so they picked him out at random. He submissively gets into the police car without saying a word in his defense.

B-He was causing a scene, "disturbing the peace", yelling obscenities at his fellow teammates whom he saw drive down the strip. Held up the flow of traffic by doing so. A policeman noticed the commotion and told him to move along. He mouths off to the police telling him he's Simeon Castille, an Alabama Captain (remember he himself claims that when he told them who he was was when the police lost their patience with him). The cops then exercise their authority and slap him with the charges, which they have every right to do. After telling him to move along, if he would have apologized and complied, all would be forgotten and everyone would have gone about their night, but he chose to mouth off so they decided not to look the other way just because they can.

When was the last time you were arrested for doing absolutely nothing wrong, walking down the street minding your own business and after being unwarrantably hassled by the cops, complied submissively and still got thrown in the back of a police car?

At the 04' AU/UGA game, my buddy took his RV and we parked at the top of the hill of the intramural fields at the start of the fraternity houses. We pulled a couple of chairs out by the road and watched in utter amazement until about 2:30 in the morning.

We watched as hundreds of college students streamed by. We saw fights, drunk face plants, couples lip-locked, feel-ups, break-ups, throw-ups, guys walking over the tops of cars parked along the road, general partying, and a lot of WOO-HOOing. Much harder to find someone without a beer in their hand than with. Made the decision right then and there that my daughter is not going to college. :lol:

Bottom line and as many have said, if you're out at 2:00 in the morning participating in the college scene, you're taking a chance. It doesn't make you a bad person. It doesn't mean that you're looking for trouble. But sometimes trouble finds you whether you like it or not. And there's a far greater chance of that happening at 2:00 in the morning on a college campus.

Seriously, take off the Crimson glasses for just a second. Imagine this is some random kid at UGA or LSU or something.

Which is more of a stretch to believe?

A- The police arrested this kid for zero reason as he was minding his own business walking down the street at 2am in the bar district. He did nothing to cause any disturbance or draw any attention to himself but the police are sadistic so they picked him out at random. He submissively gets into the police car without saying a word in his defense.

B-He was causing a scene, "disturbing the peace", yelling obscenities at his fellow teammates whom he saw drive down the strip. Held up the flow of traffic by doing so. A policeman noticed the commotion and told him to move along. He mouths off to the police telling him he's Simeon Castille, an Alabama Captain (remember he himself claims that when he told them who he was was when the police lost their patience with him). The cops then exercise their authority and slap him with the charges, which they have every right to do. After telling him to move along, if he would have apologized and complied, all would be forgotten and everyone would have gone about their night, but he chose to mouth off so they decided not to look the other way just because they can.

When was the last time you were arrested for doing absolutely nothing wrong, walking down the street minding your own business and after being unwarrantably hassled by the cops, complied submissively and still got thrown in the back of a police car?

I never said he wasn't disturbing the public. He may or may not have deserved to be arrested. I simply defended him to someone who called him a thug.

Why does it bother you so much that I take offense to someone calling him a thug? Why why why? You are so INSANELY full of hate for Alabama that you can't even grant a concession that MAYBE...just maybe...there's a player who chose to play for UA who doesn't belong in prison.

Again, it all boils down to the delusion you people have. You think there's something GRAND that makes an 18 year old pick Auburn...and something internally sinister and criminal about someone who chose to Alabama. And that's stupid. THEY ARE ALL 18 YEAR OLD KIDS. Kids who go to Alabama are no different that those who go to Auburn.

For those of you calling Simeon a thug...for a NON Violent, NON Alcohol related instance...were you lining up to post that Tray Blackmon was a thug? I don't think so.

Don't tell me to act like it's some kid who plays for LSU or UGA...I don't have a history of calling out some 20 year old kid JUST because of the school he chose.

Again, it all boils down to the delusion you people have. You think there's something GRAND that makes an 18 year old pick Auburn...and something internally sinister and criminal about someone who chose to Alabama.

It is from his unholiness also known as the dark prince.

OK, I read the actual police report from his arrest. He's not a thug. The office even noted that SC was quite polite after initial contact.

Simeon was horsing around with his teammates, and yelled some profanities.

Big deal. If that makes him a thug, then everyone here is a thug.

Now who is painting with the wide brush?

What the hell does that mean? I just said Simeon didn't do anything that we could all be guilty of at some point in our lives. Including myself.

If there are people here who have never yelled in public and never used profanity, my apologies.

What the hell does that mean? I just said Simeon didn't do anything that we could all be guilty of at some point in our lives. Including myself.

If there are people here who have never yelled in public and never used profanity, my apologies.

STFU.

See, I didn't yell and I didn't actually use profanity. But, you got the point and I didn't get arrested.

:big: I keed of course

I have never done either with a police officer watching. :moon:

I never said he wasn't disturbing the public. He may or may not have deserved to be arrested. I simply defended him to someone who called him a thug.

Why does it bother you so much that I take offense to someone calling him a thug? Why why why? You are so INSANELY full of hate for Alabama that you can't even grant a concession that MAYBE...just maybe...there's a player who chose to play for UA who doesn't belong in prison.

Did I call him a thug? No, in fact I expressly wrote multiple times that I do NOT think he is. I said this is probably a case of wrong place, wrong time. I never said he belongs in prison, I can grasp that concept just fine. Why can't you grasp the concept that playing for uat does not grant a person immunity from the law? Why can't you grasp the concept that it is possible for him to be guilty of the crime for which he was accused rather than automatically go off on a tirade about how the TPD is a corrupt organization bent on destroying players' credibilties?

Again, it all boils down to the delusion you people have. You think there's something GRAND that makes an 18 year old pick Auburn...and something internally sinister and criminal about someone who chose to Alabama. And that's stupid. THEY ARE ALL 18 YEAR OLD KIDS. Kids who go to Alabama are no different that those who go to Auburn.

For those of you calling Simeon a thug...for a NON Violent, NON Alcohol related instance...were you lining up to post that Tray Blackmon was a thug? I don't think so.

Again, I never said he was a thug, evil, or anything of the sort, so I don't know where this is coming from.

Don't tell me to act like it's some kid who plays for LSU or UGA...I don't have a history of calling out some 20 year old kid JUST because of the school he chose.

All I ask is that you not automatically presume his complete innocence in the situation and that he was wrongly hassled by the police for no reason whatsoever just because of the school he chose.

OK, I read the actual police report from his arrest. He's not a thug. The office even noted that SC was quite polite after initial contact.

Simeon was horsing around with his teammates, and yelled some profanities.

Using foul language in a municipality is against the law, but he must have been pretty dang vulgar to get that much attention from the po-po... It is still within their authority to take those actions though. Maybe it will mature him a little.

You might want to re-read the comment calling him a thug. The comment I read stated he was a thug simply because he wore an Alabama uniform, not because he got arrested. It seemed to be more of a jab at your entire team than Castille's personal character.

What this thread needs.....

cowbellhs6.gif

Is a little more cowbell....

He's a thug

No he's not

Yes he is

No he's not

Yes he is

No he's not

I didn't say he was

yes you did

no I didn't

Yes you did

seriously..... :roflol:

I don't care if a student is intoxicated or if it was the "fault of the police." That's bogus. If a kid is in a situation to get arrested, it is their own damn fault. Anyone that gets arrested is a punk and deserves it - whether they are from Auburn FB player, Alabama FB player, or just a regular Joe.

Call it "being a student and college is the time of your life." I don't want to hear it. I never got arrested. My friends haven't. You can have fun without getting yourself in these situations.

Yet again, you prove to everyone here that you are a full on idiot. Yes...you are an idiot.

There's a reason why everyone here hates your posts.

Pretty harsh words. 5 years of frustration unleashed on PChamp (although he can be kind of a douche sometimes).

Archived