Someone please mark down today

BamaGrad03

For all you "Finebaum is a Bama homer" could you please mark down today as yet another day where that isn't the case?

Just wanted to make note of it since some of you have selective amnesia when it comes to days Finebaum hates on Bama.

Oh please. He has admitted repeatedly he is a bama guy and he is a homer. Whenever he rags bama he is trying to stir up the bammers who he really doesn't care for that much to boost ratings. He is a weeeeee bit of an elitist.

Yeah, today when talking about bama, he didnt say "We." This therefore eliminates all bias by Finebaum.... :no:

Well, I'll give the devil his due. Today, for the first time in six months, I tuned into Finebaum while picking my kids up from school. He was giving Saban what-for, comparing him to Shula in terms of team discipline.

Meanwhile, all these Bammers were talking about what a great kid Castille was, and how it couldn't have possibly been his fault. Finebaum kicked their collective asses too.

So basically, Saban hasn't coach a down at Alabama, and Finebaum already smelling blood. I guess that shows how far his Arbitron numbers have slipped.

Ohhhhh.

So 364 days a year he drools all over all things bammer, while consistently bashing Tuberville and his staff, so far as to try to perpetuate rumors about Auburn's team chaplain. Today he legitimately states that Saban turns out to be no better a disciplinarian than Shula, which I'd say is turning out to be more of a fact than opinion, and all of the sudden he's an Auburn homer.

Riiiiiiight....

Ohhhhh.

So 364 days a year he drools all over all things bammer, while consistently bashing Tuberville and his staff, so far as to try to perpetuate rumors about Auburn's team chaplain. Today he legitimately states that Saban turns out to be no better a disciplinarian than Shula, which I'd say is turning out to be more of a fact than opinion, and all of the sudden he's an Auburn homer.

Riiiiiiight....

I think your 364 days is a bit of a stretch. And I never said he's an Auburn homer. He's a ratings homer. And he will pick on whatever school is going to give him the best ratings. Ratings were getting a little dormant with him in Bama's corner, now it's time to flip the switch.

Like he does ALL THE TIME.

He has admitted repeatedly he is a bama guy and he is a homer.

I'm not calling you a liar, but that is a lie.

Ohhhhh.

Riiiiiiight....

Actually, that's not the point I'm making. Excuse me while I restate.

What I'm saying is that Finebaum is so desperate for ratings that he's finally willing to stop fellating Saban--and incurring the wrath of the Mullet Nation when he does. So, even before Nick calls a play, he's already deservedly coming under fire for the way he's running the program.

This program will self-destruct in three seasons...three, two one....

BG...I agree with you that in no way is Finebaum a Bama homer, and that he is purely a "ratings homer".

But you have to admit that in order to get the greatest ratings in this state...it generally pays off to be nicer to Alabama than Auburn. Thus he comes off as a Bama homer because he has to play to the Alabama fans more.

Whatever his motives...he is generally more pro-bama than auburn.

It is just a simple case of Auburn fans being outnumbered in this state.

Ohhhhh.

Riiiiiiight....

Actually, that's not the point I'm making. Excuse me while I restate.

What I'm saying is that Finebaum is so desperate for ratings that he's finally willing to stop fellating Saban--and incurring the wrath of the Mullet Nation when he does. So, even before Nick calls a play, he's already deservedly coming under fire for the way he's running the program.

This program will self-destruct in three seasons...three, two one....

I understood your point. My post was more directed at BG for saying that this disproves his bammer favortism. Is it really going out on a limb to say that after all these arrests this summer with NO punishments being handed out that Saban is NOT a better disciplinarian than Shula? Maybe he's so disappointed in Saban because he, like any rational fan, knows that if you let the inmates run the asylum, your program will go to hell. Finebaum doesn't want that.

BG...I agree with you that in no way is Finebaum a Bama homer, and that he is purely a "ratings homer".

But you have to admit that in order to get the greatest ratings in this state...it generally pays off to be nicer to Alabama than Auburn. Thus he comes off as a Bama homer because he has to play to the Alabama fans more.

Whatever his motives...he is generally more pro-bama than auburn.

It is just a simple case of Auburn fans being outnumbered in this state.

Agreed to a degree. But I assure you he's rooting for uat at the Iron Bowl.

WEll, this is a worthless thread. Have never listened to finebaum and likely never will, but its pretty pointless to start a thread like this without offering anything as to what was said on the air to disprove his allegiance. Guess we are supposed to just take bg's word for it?? (for those of us that don't listen) What was finebaum on about that brought this thread out in the first place?

For all you "Finebaum is a Bama homer" could you please mark down today as yet another day where that isn't the case?

Just wanted to make note of it since some of you have selective amnesia when it comes to days Finebaum hates on Bama.

BG, I thought you didn't listen to Finebaum anymore?

BG, the fact that you can even listen to the show on a regular basis shows that you and he both are bama fans. I can't even stomach the show, and I've tried several times because teh sports radio here in Huntsville is terrible.

He has admitted repeatedly he is a bama guy and he is a homer.

I'm not calling you a liar, but that is a lie.

I have heard him admit at least twice that he is a bama fan. Don't have the link for it but I do listen from time to time and he said it flat out that he was. One guy even asked him something like "you're a bama fan aren't you" and he replied after a pause, "yes". And yes, he is a homer. Do you even listen to the show?

Have you graduated to red heroin now instead of kool-aid?

I have heard him admit at least twice that he is a bama fan. Don't have the link for it but I do listen from time to time and he said it flat out that he was. One guy even asked him something like "you're a bama fan aren't you" and he replied after a pause, "yes". And yes, he is a homer. Do you even listen to the show?

I've heard him say that too...and he was clearly being sarcastic. But if you wan't to use that, go ahead.

BG, I thought you didn't listen to him.

And I listened today...he's a little upset at Saban for not handling...WAIT. Here's what I heard on the radio around 3:45ish. Finebaum said, "Saban is getting bad advice." Bad advice...hmmmm. So, Saban's not at fault? He then went on to poke at the new associate athletic director for his statement.... Sorry but I didn't hear anything that changes my view on Finebaum.

Also, if Finebaum was able to forgive Saban for the last arrest that happen, I'm sure he'll be able to forgive him for this one.

By the way, he still thinks Auburn fans hate Tuberville and that Tuberville is already waving the white flag.

I've heard him say that too...and he was clearly being sarcastic. But if you wan't to use that, go ahead.

Well, the times I've heard him say it I didn't sense the sarcasm at all. One time it sounded like he was admitting it even though he really didn't want to. To me he comes across as a bama fan who doesn't really care for bammers and loves playing on their idiocy for ratings. Even when he knocks bama hard if a rational bama fan calls in he will be civil to them then slam the next bammer. I know some serious bama fans in b-ham, one who even calls in to the show a lot and they have no problem admitting he is a bama fan. You do, but then to say pigheaded is your middle name is the understatement of the year.

I will say that he isn't a homer in the sense that he blindly backs all things bama. He's not afraid to call them out when he thinks they are doing ridiculous things.

I'm outa here. Not going to beat my head against the wall trying to reason with you.

Archived