Where is all the hoopla from the left?

CCTAU

Once again Bush shows why he is president. He does what he feels is right, when he feels it's right. A man who leads (not talking fiscally here) according to principle and not according to the media or his opponents.

Gonzales is now stepping down, not because of the usual and not to make the president look good. But because it is time. And in doing so, the media almost ignores it. A country governed with knee-jerk reactions makes the world feel uneasy. Bush has bee the most consistent leader we have had in many years. Like him or not, he gives the world a feeling of consistency which brings about stability.

Seeya Alberto

Once again Bush shows why he is president. He does what he feels is right, when he feels it's right. A man who leads (not talking fiscally here) according to principle and not according to the media or his opponents.

Gonzales is now stepping down, not because of the usual and not to make the president look good. But because it is time. And in doing so, the media almost ignores it. A country governed with knee-jerk reactions makes the world feel uneasy. Bush has bee the most consistent leader we have had in many years. Like him or not, he gives the world a feeling of consistency which brings about stability.

Seeya Alberto

Proof of the existence of a parallel universe.

Nothing more than proof that Bush wants those folks on board who'll be here for the last 16+ months of his administration. Rove and Gonzales are only on the job while W's in office anyway, so why not leave now ? W's Chief of Staff has said he wants as few distractions from Labor Day through out to Jan 19th, 2009.

Who gives a &%$#? The damage is done.

What damage is that ? Oh, the power that Bush wanted and that Congress just approved per the 'wiretapping' of suspected terrorist making calls from outside the country ? That damage ?

Yeah, sure. Whatever :rolleyes:

Yeah, what has happened with Gonzales is a shame. The dems come after him and Bush because a handful of federal prosecutors were dismissed, but it was okay for Bill Clinton to dismiss 90+ of them when he took office. Geez, that was not politically motivated at all was it? :rolleyes: Republicans are no angles by any means, but that just shows you how much lower the Dims are willing to sink just to get revenge for losing the last two presidential elections.

Yeah, what has happened with Gonzales is a shame. The dems come after him and Bush because a handful of federal prosecutors were dismissed, but it was okay for Bill Clinton to dismiss 90+ of them when he took office. Geez, that was not politically motivated at all was it? :rolleyes: Republicans are no angles by any means, but that just shows you how much lower the Dims are willing to sink just to get revenge for losing the last two presidential elections.

So how do you explain the Republican Senators calling for Gonzales to step down?

So how do you explain the Republican Senators calling for Gonzales to step down?

Hell. How do I explain some dumbass republicans for saying we need to leave Iraq. Each party has idiots. It's just that the dims have more.

Bush has been consistent throughout. He backs his choices and allows them to leave on his time. Not the dim's and not the media's. And that is what pisses off the dims. They cannot beat him. He's pretty good for a dummy.....

Hiring and firing is a privilege. With a new administration comes a new face altogether, in many situations.

Hiring and firing based discriminatory practices, however, is illegal. Maybe Gonzales will think about that now that he'll be able to "spend more time with his family." Think Rove will have him over for a Labor Day family BBQ?

“Democrats finally got their man [Monday], as Alberto Gonzales announced his resignation so he’d no longer be a political ‘distraction’ as Attorney General... His greatest mistake is that he underestimated the political assaults that would come his way once Democrats took Congress. Thus did the entirely legitimate dismissal of nine U.S. Attorneys blossom into a ‘scandal’ without a crime. Those Attorneys serve at the pleasure of the President, and the Administration should have defended the firings as a proper exercise of Presidential political authority from the moment they were questioned. Instead, Mr. Gonzales allowed assorted Justice officials to claim such other reasons as competence for the dismissals, giving Democrats the opening they needed to charge a ‘cover-up’ and question his ‘credibility.’...[T]he real Democratic goal is to keep the Bush White House under constant political fire through November 2008. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid gave that game away... when he greeted Mr. Gonzales’s resignation with a press release noting that this ‘is not the end of the story. Congress must get to the bottom of this mess and follow the facts where they lead, into the White House.’ In other words, Democrats will now insist that the price of confirmation for the next Attorney General be that he agrees to appoint a ‘special counsel’ to investigate the firing fiasco. This would mean the next 17 months would be filled with more grand jury proceedings, FBI leaks, and other events designed to investigate what is essentially a political dispute. If Mr. Bush lets that happen, he might as well stay in Crawford.” —The Wall Street Journal

Ya, that all sounds great, but you know what? A five year would love to be able to do what he feels is right when he feels its right. That doesn't mean it is right or that it should be done. And I'm sorry but I'd rather have a President who consistently made good decisions based not only on what he thinks but that of others, than just a consistent President. Hooray for consistency, but wait, criminals consistently commit crimes, child molesters consistently molest again, poor schools consistently do poor. How about we stop praising insignificant things and start focusing on what matters.

Ya, that all sounds great, but you know what? A five year would love to be able to do what he feels is right when he feels its right. That doesn't mean it is right or that it should be done. And I'm sorry but I'd rather have a President who consistently made good decisions based not only on what he thinks but that of others, than just a consistent President. Hooray for consistency, but wait, criminals consistently commit crimes, child molesters consistently molest again, poor schools consistently do poor. How about we stop praising insignificant things and start focusing on what matters.

Ouch.

That's gonna leave a mark.

That's ignorant as hell. I'm sorry. I missed the part where I said he locked himself in a room and only comes out to give his answers. Of course he listens to others. Just not weak little zit-faced, pansy ass dimocrats and their media friends. This country definitely needs a president who does not flow with the wind. Had he done everything the media and the dims wanted him to do, we'd be in a bigger world of $hit right now. I sure hate that this war is taking money out of your welfare coffers, but I kinda like not being blown to bits in my own country. It would be nice if he, and your buddies in congress, could figure out a way to stop spending on bullcrap and close the borders. But as far as keeping this country safe and having the balls to continue it, he's the right man. And once again, it just pisses your kind off that he did it in his time and not when "others" (read dims) told him too. As you can see, Gonzales retiring now hardly made a blip. Had he done it at the time the dimwits demanded, it would have become a dimwit victory. He beat you again. And for a dummy, he's getting really good at it.

And as far as consistency goes, it gives this country a stronger world standing. Even your friends the French are coming around here lately. World leaders know exactly how he will respond. It creates stability. You should thank him, not hate him. But that is the issue isn't it? All dims HATE bush.

I have said on here several times that I do not agree with the spending nor the border issues, but I damn well agree with the decision to fight terrorism there instead of here.

That's ignorant as hell. I'm sorry. I missed the part where I said he locked himself in a room and only comes out to give his answers. Of course he listens to others. Just not weak little zit-faced, pansy ass dimocrats and their media friends. This country definitely needs a president who does not flow with the wind. Had he done everything the media and the dims wanted him to do, we'd be in a bigger world of $hit right now. I sure hate that this war is taking money out of your welfare coffers, but I kinda like not being blown to bits in my own country. It would be nice if he, and your buddies in congress, could figure out a way to stop spending on bullcrap and close the borders. But as far as keeping this country safe and having the balls to continue it, he's the right man. And once again, it just pisses your kind off that he did it in his time and not when "others" (read dims) told him too. As you can see, Gonzales retiring now hardly made a blip. Had he done it at the time the dimwits demanded, it would have become a dimwit victory. He beat you again. And for a dummy, he's getting really good at it.

And as far as consistency goes, it gives this country a stronger world standing. Even your friends the French are coming around here lately. World leaders know exactly how he will respond. It creates stability. You should thank him, not hate him. But that is the issue isn't it? All dims HATE bush.

I have said on here several times that I do not agree with the spending nor the border issues, but I damn well agree with the decision to fight terrorism there instead of here.

Sorry, its hard for me to type when I am laughing so hard. I'm not sure what is worse, your argument, or the fact that you actually believe it. First, lets start with the weak little zit-faced, pansy ass dimocrats and their media friends. One of the biggest weaknesses you can show in politics is having to attack someone on things not concerning the merits of their works or what they are actually saying. It shows you don't have enough ammo to promote yourself, but instead have to rely on putting the other party down with things that don't even make sense. Unfortunately for you, your not even good at putting the other party down so you end up sounding like a second grader calling a kid a fart face. As far as the war taking money out of my welfare coffers, I'm not on welfare, or close to welfare, or God forbide ever be on welfare so it isn't taking money away from me. But it is a lot of money that we are spending for no real reason. Wait....did you just through your hands in the air and say, "No reason??? you stupid dimocrat(as you might spell it) How about the reason of fighting terrist(as Bush might say) so we don't get blown to bits in our own country(as you put it)" But lets review, the last terrist attack was 9/11. 0 out of the hijackers were Iraqis. They were Saudi and Iranian. But don't let silly facts get in your way. They were financed by Bin Laden(who we failed to capture and a recent Newsweek article said we had less than a 5% chance of ever getting him) who is part of the Taliban(not Iraq) Then we went into Iraq to defeat Sadams army and establish democracy. Remeber, find the WMDs, take Saddam out, and then establish democracy. Well, lets see how we have done. We found Saddam(which is great and I'm thrilled he is out of power), couldn't find any WMDs, and we are much farther from establishing democracy then anyone could have imagined(not to mention lost about 4,000 American lives). And guess what we are not doing, fighting terrorist. No, we are fighting insurgents who are fighting each other. Yes, we are fighting them so that one day we might be able to establish democracy, but lets not mention that now even Bush's administration is starting to say we might want to settle for something less than democracy. But let's not stop at not fighting terrorist, no because now we are creating terrorist. Why you might add, because 99% of the Iraqis are peaceful people with families who just want to lead a full life, but instead they are losing family and friends left and right because of the invasion of the US. So as a kid they grow up saying, "Because of the US I have no mom or dad and my sister was tortured by another Sect, I hate the Americans" and boom another terrorist is born.

And just a quick thing on Bush creating this stability, aside from world wars, we really haven't had many more unstable times. The middle east is as unstable as ever. North Korea goes back and forth daily on whether to make more nukes, Iran just did make nukes, and Israel is about to start WWIII, so don't act like Bush has saved the world. He has hurt the world and the US much more than he has helped us.

So no, don't act like Bush is on some high and mighty venture where he is saving us from being blown to bits. Instead more people in the world hate us and we are only breeding more terrorist who will try and destroy us because of this. Bush is not helping us, he is damning our future.

You just went through EVERY talking point that caused the dims to lose in 2004 to that stupid Bush guy. Like I told someone else (and offended him too), when they do attack, I hope they get you and yours and not me and mine. We are standing with Bush in the fight against terrorism. We know that they want us dead. We really don't care where they came from. We just care where they die. You are a typical DNC devotee. BUSH bad, BUSH lied, HATE BUSH. Doesn't matter if it's true or not. This pretty much sums up your type:

Amost Half

And maybe even a second grade fart face, like yourself, could understand that.

You just went through EVERY talking point that caused the dims to lose in 2004 to that stupid Bush guy. Like I told someone else (and offended him too), when they do attack, I hope they get you and yours and not me and mine. We are standing with Bush in the fight against terrorism. We know that they want us dead. We really don't care where they came from. We just care where they die. You are a typical DNC devotee. BUSH bad, BUSH lied, HATE BUSH. Doesn't matter if it's true or not. This pretty much sums up your type:

Amost Half

Once again, if I mis-spell something from my laughter I am sorry. CCTAU, did you even click on the link that the article was posted to. It was to a blog called hot air. They didn't even give numbers on what part of the country was asked, or anything that is needed for a poll to be accurate. Not only are those numbers completely false, but I haven't met one person, not even a democrat who has ever said Bush caused 9/11. Maybe that he would cause the next one, but not 9/11 itself. Try to get facts from a reliable source next time. I know that makes it a lot harder to find things that support your argument, but for the sake of the argument, no more info from blogs.

The second part is that of you saying I hope they get you and yours not me and mine. Wow, what a terrible thing to say as and American and that truly does make me upset that you could say something. I disagree with Bush on a lot of stuff(no not everything) but I would gladly go serve if I was ever drafted into war. I still back my country 100%, that doesn't mean I have to agree with the President but I would still gladly give my life for the US and for you to say something like that should truly be embarrasing. I would never wish that on another person no matter what they believe politically. I really can't get over the fact that you would say something like that. There are some people who don't live up to the name American.

And as far as me a typical DNC Bush lied blah blah blah. No, I'm not. I truly think Bush got bad intelligence, I truly think Bush thinks he is doing good, and I truly think Bush is a good guy, just badly mistaken. I disagree with most of what he has done, but I don't think he is a terrorist or some things you might here some say. See what you did instead is show that you judge someones character, morals, and everything else about them simply by what they think of the war in Iraq. CCTAU, I know you won't ever understand this, but you really are a disgrace.

Amost Half

Once again, if I mis-spell something from my laughter I am sorry. CCTAU, did you even click on the link that the article was posted to. It was to a blog called hot air. They didn't even give numbers on what part of the country was asked, or anything that is needed for a poll to be accurate. Not only are those numbers completely false, but I haven't met one person, not even a democrat who has ever said Bush caused 9/11. Maybe that he would cause the next one, but not 9/11 itself. Try to get facts from a reliable source next time. I know that makes it a lot harder to find things that support your argument, but for the sake of the argument, no more info from blogs.

The second part is that of you saying I hope they get you and yours not me and mine. Wow, what a terrible thing to say as and American and that truly does make me upset that you could say something. I disagree with Bush on a lot of stuff(no not everything) but I would gladly go serve if I was ever drafted into war. I still back my country 100%, that doesn't mean I have to agree with the President but I would still gladly give my life for the US and for you to say something like that should truly be embarrasing. I would never wish that on another person no matter what they believe politically. I really can't get over the fact that you would say something like that. There are some people who don't live up to the name American.

And as far as me a typical DNC Bush lied blah blah blah. No, I'm not. I truly think Bush got bad intelligence, I truly think Bush thinks he is doing good, and I truly think Bush is a good guy, just badly mistaken. I disagree with most of what he has done, but I don't think he is a terrorist or some things you might here some say. See what you did instead is show that you judge someones character, morals, and everything else about them simply by what they think of the war in Iraq. CCTAU, I know you won't ever understand this, but you really are a disgrace.

I'm glad you are upset. The thought of your family dying from a terrorist attack should upset you. I have a son who spent a year in Iraq and will be going to Afghanistan soon and I worried that he too would die so you could be alive and safe to bash the president.

If admiring a president for standing up and not letting the media or the dims push him around is a disgrace then I gladly accept. Now you want to get all holier than thou because I called you out on your Bush bashing. Your posting of debunked info that can only be called lies stirred my ire. But yet you spew it anyway. That is what is not American. If you backed your country, you wouldn't spew forth info that is considered to be untrue. Like the Bin Laden thing and how Bush couldn't get him all the while knowing that he was let go by Clintax. All of your arguments were as un-American as the dim liars who continued to spew them during election time.

Anyone who is against the war on terror is FOR the terrorists in my book. It's a simple choice. Them or us. Sounds like from your arguments you were choosing them. If that's not so, then don't spew it forth. When it comes to those who oppose the war on terror, I will always prefer that those of us who support it do not pay for your choices. I do not wish harm on you, but if it is going to happen, then why should the one's who support the war pay? Why should we be the recipient of evil actions due the the weakening of the county's stance on terror by those who are appeasers? I've been called worse. But those who know me would rather have me by there side when the $hit hits the fan than anyone else. I may not state things as eloquent as others, but I know what I believe in and I know that I will stand up for what's right and I won't be afraid to speak out even if I do not say the most PC thing. So go ahead label me a disgrace. It's the disgraceful that will have to band together and keep this country from dying one day. The war on terror, due to librul weakening, will reach our soil again one day. I don't want to be a victim. Therefore I support the individual that best pursues terrorism around the world. Right now that's Bush. I'm sorry you don't. And to me, that's an even bigger disgrace.

If admiring a president for standing up and not letting the media or the dims push him around is a disgrace then I gladly accept. Now you want to get all holier than thou because I called you out on your Bush bashing. Your posting of debunked info that can only be called lies stirred my ire. But yet you spew it anyway. That is what is not American. If you backed your country, you wouldn't spew forth info that is considered to be untrue. Like the Bin Laden thing and how Bush couldn't get him all the while knowing that he was let go by Clintax. All of your arguments were as un-American as the dim liars who continued to spew them during election time.

Anyone who is against the war on terror is FOR the terrorists in my book. It's a simple choice. Them or us. Sounds like from your arguments you were choosing them. If that's not so, then don't spew it forth. When it comes to those who oppose the war on terror, I will always prefer that those of us who support it do not pay for your choices. I do not wish harm on you, but if it is going to happen, then why should the one's who support the war pay? Why should we be the recipient of evil actions due the the weakening of the county's stance on terror by those who are appeasers? I've been called worse. But those who know me would rather have me by there side when the $hit hits the fan than anyone else. I may not state things as eloquent as others, but I know what I believe in and I know that I will stand up for what's right and I won't be afraid to speak out even if I do not say the most PC thing. So go ahead label me a disgrace. It's the disgraceful that will have to band together and keep this country from dying one day. The war on terror, due to librul weakening, will reach our soil again one day. I don't want to be a victim. Therefore I support the individual that best pursues terrorism around the world. Right now that's Bush. I'm sorry you don't. And to me, that's an even bigger disgrace.

First, the Bush bashing. I believe that you are exactly right that your son goes overseas to fight for the right for us to sit here and say what we think about our leaders. He is there to defend our freedom to do that. However, I don't think him being there means that by me disagree with the President means that I am nullifying what he is fighting for. Instead, I think the wars we have fought would be in vain if we, as Americans, were looked down upon for sharing our ideals. That is what we are fighting for, the right to do that, whether it be for or against Bush. And the time where you can no longer critique the government or those in power is the time that we have lost those freedoms and ultimately lost the war.

As far as all the stupid "libruls" (which I'm not quite sure yet how misspelling it is an insult to liberals) let's not forget it was the liberals who started the American Revolution, it was the liberals who wanted women the to have the right to vote, the liberals who didn't want blacks as slaves anymore, the liberals who wanted blacks to vote. A liberal who took us into WWI and WWII. So lets not try to act like the weak liberals are afraid to stand up for difficult issues. Just because you disagree with them doesn't make them weak or worthless and to take such weak and ill-informed shots is embarrasing.

As far as supporting the best person to go after terrorist: Well, hey I'm all for going after terrorist. I was all for going into Afghanistan, I really wasn't that against going into Iraq(WMDs). I wouldn't be against going into North Korea at some point. However, that is the point. We have tons of terrorist in Africa, Asia, and other countries in the middle east, yet we just happen to choose Iraq. There are several definitions of a terrorist, here is a pretty good one.

"intended to cause death or serious bodily harm to civilians or non-combatants with the purpose of intimidating a population or compelling a government or an international organization to do or abstain from doing any act."

And let us not forget the bombs we dropped in Japan. We purposely went after civilians to try to get the government to surrender. It is not the only time we have aided terrorist groups to get our way so its a little hypocritical to act like we are the worlds savior from terrorism.

Archived