I am speechless

AU alum

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/7193014?MSNHPHMA

Badgers RB Smith won't travel with team

Associated Press, Updated 2 hours ago

MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Wisconsin running back Lance Smith, who is facing battery charges, will not be allowed to play in away games this season.

Lance Smith will miss Saturday's game at UNLV and games at Illinois, Penn State, Ohio State and Minnesota.

Smith was suspended from the team in July after he was arrested, but athletics director Barry Alvarez reinstated him in early August just before the Badgers' first practice of the season.

The team announced Wednesday that Alvarez and dean of students Lori Berquam had decided Smith would not play in away games.

Smith is charged with pushing down his girlfriend during a dispute over a cab fare, refusing to let her leave his apartment and taking her money and shoes.

He has apologized to the woman but pleaded not guilty to charges of battery and disorderly conduct.

Word: If he has bail requirements, he cant leave the state anyway. These sounds a lot like an ice cream story to me.

Guest Tigrinum Major

If he has bail requirements, he cant leave the state anyway.

Not always true. He's not on probation. If they feel he is not a flight risk, they could allow him to travel wherever he pleases. I would imagine that the school could give the courts some assurances.

Word: If he has bail requirements, he cant leave the state anyway. These sounds a lot like an ice cream story to me.

Exactly what I was thinking!!

Saban discipline = Shula discipline = Wisconsin discipline

Did they all read the same handbook on how the players are just there for football!! This is getting ridiculous!!

I am so proud to have a coach like CTT that holds the players responsible for their actions. It turns boys into men and that is why they are there, not just football!! WDE!! :au:

Why are you people so quick to punish and discipline? There's plenty of time for that. Look, you can get a fresh start on punishment at the beginning of each year. There's so much to do right now, like coach football and win games at all costs.

Just tell these players, "Look, come January...or at least a few days into January if things go well...your butt is mine."

Just tell these players, "Look, come January...or at least a few days into January if things go well...your butt is mine."

"unless you are also on the basketball team, in which case you are suspended from all baseball games!"

Why are you people so quick to punish and discipline? There's plenty of time for that. Look, you can get a fresh start on punishment at the beginning of each year. There's so much to do right now, like coach football and win games at all costs.

Yeah, that's like telling a child, you did <fill in the blank>, but I'm not going to punish you now. I won't punish you for 4 months. Like that would work!

The odd thing is that I don't think I have ever heard of an away vs. home punishment. Who makes these things up?

The mistake was made when Wisconsin called sabear for advice on punishment issues concerning idiots/players.

He took her money and her SHOES? What the hell is that all about?

He likes his women barefoot and in the kitchen.

Archived