Victor Ellis, former UA LB, needs our prayers

WinCrimson

Truly horrible news.

Remember to keep Victor and his family in your thoughts and prayers, as he's now fighting his toughest opponent ever.

victorgj0.jpg

Victor Ellis, a former Alabama football player, has recently become ill with a rapid type of cancer -- asking for prayers & help. They have started a assistance fund in Chattanooga - which is his home town. We are asking for cards and letters of encouragement. If anyone would like to make donations to help his family cover costs, it would be appreciated.

Here is the mailing address:

VICTOR ELLIS ASSISTANCE FUND

2301 HICKORY VALLEY ROAD

CHATTANOOGA,TN. 37421

Sorry for the double post. I thought this information was useful...

Most of you will remember Victor Ellis ('02) who was a four year letterman from Red Bank HS in Chattanooga. He was an All SEC academic player and has always been a great ambassador for the University. Last month when Victor was in T'town, he was his nornal personable self and looked to be in perfect health. He did have a dry, persistent, hacking cough that he had checked out when he returned home. The results were very disturbing and I regret to tell you Victor will be facing an uphill battle to survive. He will begin several types of chemo with the hope of being included in an experimental treatment as well. I don't normally post these type things but Victor is a fine young man and he and his family need our prayers.
Victor has renal medullary carcinoma which is a very aggressive cancer. He has a very rough time ahead of him as survival time is approx. only three months from time of diagnosis.
Your facts are correct about the diagnosis. The cancer is kidney related and is now in his spine, hip, and pelvis. I couldn't bring myself to post the prognosis. Victor has lost 20 lbs in the last several weeks and had to be put on the plane Monday to Houston in a wheel chair because his ankles were so swollen. His parents flew out with Victor and fellow teammate Ahmad Galloway went with them. IF, and it is still a big IF at this moment, he is given the opportunity to try the experimental treatment, it will NOT BE COVERED by insurance since it is not FDA approved. The costs are going to be tremendous and Victor is going to need some financial help. I encourage everyone to do what you possibly can to help financially and with your prayers. This is a very fine young man. This is really a very, very fine young man. Forget the fact that he played football for Alabama, this is a fine young man who will make a great contribution to the lives of those he can reach. Please help him. If I can get the approval, I will post the Houston contact info, or you can use the Chattanooga address that is posted.

Let this be a reminder to all of us that life is fragile. Last month when Victor was in Tuscaloosa, he appeared in perfect health.

Prayers go out to this young man.

My wife an I see things like this and always say, "God, please let me go quick". Watching/experiencing suffering is a horrible thing. Although HE may have a reason, it's not always easy to see/understand/endure.

May this guy's suffering be minimal.

• 6 months later...

Archived