Bama being Bama

WAR-MATT

Dega' Part Deux!!!!!!

Link

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- When it was over, 89 plastic stadium cups lay upon the grass in the southeast corner of Bryant-Denny Stadium. A few dozen crimson-and-white pompoms, too. And two airplane bottles of booze -- one Jim Beam, one Seagram's.

That's the debris hurled down from the Alabama student section upon the celebrating pile of Georgia Bulldogs late Saturday night after the visitors had the unmitigated gall to beat the Crimson Tide 26-23 in overtime.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ill be the first to admit that after the USF win, they got stuff thrown at them too. They were pointing at the students, etc, but there's still no excuse for it. I'd be willing to put money on it that the same thing would happen at most any stadium in the SEC, and around the country for that matter.

Both plays just happened to be scored in pretty much the same place - in the endzone right there in the student section with a huge celebration, which is warranted. You win a game in overtime like that, you're not just gonna walk off the field like nothing happened.

Dega' Part Deux!!!!!!

Link

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- When it was over, 89 plastic stadium cups lay upon the grass in the southeast corner of Bryant-Denny Stadium. A few dozen crimson-and-white pompoms, too. And two airplane bottles of booze -- one Jim Beam, one Seagram's.

That's the debris hurled down from the Alabama student section upon the celebrating pile of Georgia Bulldogs late Saturday night after the visitors had the unmitigated gall to beat the Crimson Tide 26-23 in overtime.

Ha ha. I remember seeing all the debris rain down on the LSU players in 2005 after they too beat the he## out of the bammies in OT and ruined their 156th undefeated nayshunal champeenship season. I was actually looking for the same thing this time when UGA won but I guess the broadcasters decided to not show all that bammie class this time. Necks.

Auburn has really nothing to say... The greeks have thrown things at opposing bands before they go out for the halftime show and there were things thrown last week against miss state.

Again, how is it different than what happened with USF?

It isn't

But here is my two cents USF taunted and got in the face of the fans, UGA has a team celebration that appears to be a tradition or it it wasn't it is now. Good for them.

I would say the difference is that the cups and bottles started flying without provocation at B-D. They were just pissed about losing. The cups and ice didn't come flying at USF until they started pointing and mouthing off to the student section.

I would say the difference is that the cups and bottles started flying without provocation at B-D. They were just pissed about losing. The cups and ice didn't come flying at USF until they started pointing and mouthing off to the student section.

Still classless. I can't say anything good about our student section throwing cups at opposing teams for any reason. I also can't say anything good about our student section throwing opposing teams' balls out of the stadium. We're better than that.

Still classless. I can't say anything good about our student section throwing cups at opposing teams for any reason. I also can't say anything good about our student section throwing opposing teams' balls out of the stadium. We're better than that.

It wasn't an excuse. But the man asked what the difference was and I told him. I think it's more egregious to start throwing things like glass bottles just because your team lost than it is to throw a few cups only after the opposing team starts mouthing off and taunting you right in front of your section.

I do hate the ball tossing thing as well. I'd post an usher at the top and whoever throws the ball out gets ejected and loses their season ticket the rest of the year. That'll cure it.

regardless of why it was done in either situation, it is not excusable. neither is UGA fans defacing the stadium either. a friend of mine was there and said the frat section was a disgrace. most folks he was around were mad we lost, but accepted it as a good game.

regardless of why it was done in either situation, it is not excusable. neither is UGA fans defacing the stadium either. a friend of mine was there and said the frat section was a disgrace. most folks he was around were mad we lost, but accepted it as a good game.

I think the problem is, this isn't the first time. It's become a regular occurrence the last year or two at Bryant-Denny. And they don't just throw ice or cups, which is a matter of class and sportsmanship. They throw things like full water bottles and glass whiskey bottles, which is an issue of safety in addition to class. You guys need to get a handle on your student section.

I think the problem is, this isn't the first time. It's become a regular occurrence the last year or two at Bryant-Denny. And they don't just throw ice or cups, which is a matter of class and sportsmanship. They throw things like full water bottles and glass whiskey bottles, which is an issue of safety in addition to class. You guys need to get a handle on your student section.

It wasn't the first time in Auburn either. And from what people told me who were at the AU game, the cups came IMMEDIATELY.

But hey, if you feel the need to stick with the holier than thou attitude in regards to Bama...that's cool. Heavin forbid you change your opinion that there is some vast difference between the people who pull for bama and the people who pull for AU. ESPECIALLY the makeup of the student body.

It wasn't the first time in Auburn either. And from what people told me who were at the AU game, the cups came IMMEDIATELY.

a friend of mine has season tickets and she told me the same thing....and they weren't too kind to BC when he was leaving the field either.

I do hate the ball tossing thing as well. I'd post an usher at the top and whoever throws the ball out gets ejected and loses their season ticket the rest of the year. That'll cure it.

I thought about that idea...then I noticed two cops are up there. I guess they think it's funny as well. I hope the student section finds it real funny when big metal polls are put in place for a net to go up behind the field goal post.

It was immediately... AND it was not just cups at auburn... Like I said my buddy got hit by a full bottle of water. He has the bruise to show it. A couple of the fans on here really do need to stop the holier than thou. The only thing we haven't done is put bags over our heads like some of the students did a couple of years ago.

But hey, if you feel the need to stick with the holier than thou attitude in regards to Bama...that's cool. Heavin forbid you change your opinion that there is some vast difference between the people who pull for bama and the people who pull for AU. ESPECIALLY the makeup of the student body.

Nice sidestep on the glass bottle vs plastic cup thing. I heard differently on what prompted the situation vs USF. But regardless, I already said that both situations demonstrate a lack of class and sportsmanship. But there is a difference, whether you want to acknowledge it or not, in throwing cups and ice and throwing full water bottles and glass whiskey bottles.

Nice sidestep on the glass bottle vs plastic cup thing. I heard differently on what prompted the situation vs USF. But regardless, I already said that both situations demonstrate a lack of class and sportsmanship. But there is a difference, whether you want to acknowledge it or not, in throwing cups and ice and throwing full water bottles and glass whiskey bottles.

Spin spin spin. AU fans throw stuff, Bama fans throw stuff. Your student section is no different than ours.

BTW, I was hit in the back with a Jim Beam bottle in the 96 Iron Bowl. I was sitting in the student section. After the AU FAN hit me, he started throwing stuff at an 85 year old woman...and was removed from the stadium.

Spin spin spin. AU fans throw stuff, Bama fans throw stuff. Your student section is no different than ours.

BTW, I was hit in the back with a Jim Beam bottle in the 96 Iron Bowl. I was sitting in the student section. After the AU FAN hit me, he started throwing stuff at an 85 year old woman...and was removed from the stadium.

Would you have preferred to get hit with the Jim Beam bottle or a plastic souvenir cup? I mean, both things are just "stuff", right?

The bottom line is, I don't remember anyone ever having to clean up whiskey bottles or opposing players getting hit in the eye with full water bottles from 20 rows up at Jordan-Hare. This is the second time in the last four home games I've heard of such things at B-D. And the funny thing is, it didn't used to be that way. That used to be the M.O. for Baton Rouge.

Would you have preferred to get hit with the Jim Beam bottle or a plastic souvenir cup? I mean, both things are just "stuff", right?

The bottom line is, I don't remember anyone ever having to clean up whiskey bottles or opposing players getting hit in the eye with full water bottles from 20 rows up at Jordan-Hare. This is the second time in the last four home games I've heard of such things at B-D. And the funny thing is, it didn't used to be that way. That used to be the M.O. for Baton Rouge.

Like I said...whatever makes you feel better. I would rather be hit with the souvenir cup. I'm wondering why I was hit with anything from an Auburn fan, considering that, according to you Auburn fans don't throw things...unless AU's honor needs defending.

It's amazing to me that you see a difference here. Cup throwing goes on EVERYWHERE. And you are only making a point of it because it makes you feel better about your position that you're better than UA fans.

And to be honest, yours seems to be a pretty high and mighty/arrogant position to take. (especially considering cup throwing has happened frequently at AU)

Archived