Bama being Bama

WAR-MATT

The hose incident was fans that stormed the field and started ripping up the turf. Yet another post from you where you don't know what the **** you're talking about.

Go back to Troy and enjoy your Oklahoma State victory and leave us alone.

I know exactly what I am talking about. Even one of your previous coaches Pat Dye was talking about it on Monday, and he also mentioned that this should not have been done, because the next year the Auburn fans tore up the hedges at Georgia. The hoses were turned on the fans in the stands, and they were not even on the field.

I don't have to go back anywhere thank you very much. I did my undergraduate work at Troy, but received my Masters at Bama. So according to the rules here, I have a right to be fans of both.

You are so quick to dish it out, but you can't take it. Maybe you should just enjoy your New Mexico State victory.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The hose incident was fans that stormed the field and started ripping up the turf. Yet another post from you where you don't know what the **** you're talking about.

I know exactly what I am talking about. Even one of your previous coaches Pat Dye was talking about it on Monday, and he also mentioned that this should not have been done, because the next year the Auburn fans tore up the hedges at Georgia. The hoses were turned on the fans in the stands, and they were not even on the field.

Point of fact: the hoses were first turned on the UGA fans on the field. When some of the UGA fans up in the stands began throwing bottles and other debris on to the field as well, the hoses were fired in their direction to break them up.

, but received my Masters at Bama. So according to the rules here, I have a right to be fans of both.

Did you actually come to a complete stop at the light or did you just slow down enough for them to toss it in the window?

Guest Tigrinum Major

I don't have to go back anywhere thank you very much. I did my undergraduate work at Troy, but received my Masters at Bama. So according to the rules here, I have a right to be fans of both.

You are so quick to dish it out, but you can't take it. Maybe you should just enjoy your New Mexico State victory.

I can take anything you can dish out.

What ******* "rules here" are you talking about? There are rules as to whom you can be a fan of? That is some f****d up thinking. You can be a sidewalk alumni of any school you want to be a fan of. I really couldn't give a s*** less if you have a Phd from MIT.

I did enjoy the New Mexico State victory, just as I enjoy every victory, especially the last five against the school you received your Master's degree from. What did you do, drive real slow through campus and they chunked a diploma through your window?

You still don't know what you're talking about in reference to the UGA incident. See Titan's post. As far as the point about Pat Dye and an Auburn fans that might have defaced a hedge or two, what the **** does that matter? What are you trying to say, that since Auburn fans might have picked a sprig or two of the hedges, then the UGA fans get off scott free? bull****. Anyone who defaces property like that deserves to be punished. The UGA fans that night were like animals. If Auburn fans did that same thing to the hedges, they deserve whatever they got. You can't look into the future like Tom Cruise in Minority Report and determine who is going to commit a crime. You punish or deter as required at the time of the crime.

Let's get something straight. I don't like you, I don't like your posts, I don't like your condensending attitude. You seem to be the one that can't take it when someone tells you that you don't know what the **** you are talking about, which is always.

Have a s***ty day.

Maybe you should just enjoy your New Mexico State victory.

You. Got. Served.

Like I said, I enjoyed that victory almost as much as the last five over your team.

If you think that is being served, you need to go back to playing Halo 3.

Guest Tigrinum Major

I'll meet you behind Leonardo's off of Rocky Ridge Road. After a heap of their garlic-butter rolls, of course.

Damn, I have plans for lunch. How about Thursday?

Back to the hedges in Samford Stadium. Breaking off a piece of the hedges as a souvenir has long been a tradition for visiting football teams after a win. If some fans got out of control and really started messing them up, then they deserve what they got.

If you think that is being served, you need to go back to playing Halo 3.

I don't own Halo 3. But I defend one's right to play it.

You still got served. What's worse, you reacted to his serving all emotional like...it was quite similar to how I would respond. Thought you had a longer fuse than that :)

Bammers made death threats against Joab Thomas, Bill Curry, and Bill Curry's wife after Bill Curry was first hired as the coach in Tuscaloser. Bammers also threw bricks through Bill Curry's office window after he lost to Ole Miss in 1988. What is worse breaking off a piece of shrubbery or threatening to kill one of your own coaches?

Here is a story about a Bammer fan trying to shoot and kill his own son after the Bammers lost to Arkansas a couple of years ago. This story really shows how crazy Bammers are.

PINSON, Ala. -- A Pinson man was charged with attempted murder for holding a gun to his son's head and pulling the trigger in the midst of a tantrum after Alabama's double overtime loss to Arkansas Saturday.

The bullet narrowly missed 20-year-old Seth Logan, who said he picked the wrong time to ask his dad for a car, sheriff's spokesman Deputy Randy Christian said Monday.

Joseph Alan Logan, 46, surrendered to police Saturday and was charged with attempted murder and domestic violence. He was released from the Jefferson County jail Sunday on $7,500 bond.

"I know we take football serious in the South," Christian told The Birmingham News for a Tuesday story, "but that's crossing the line."

The request upset Joseph Logan because his son has already wrecked several vehicles, Logan told investigators.

"He claimed he was just trying to scare his son," Christian said.

According to the police report, Joseph Logan had been drinking alcohol and began slamming doors, tossing boxes and throwing dishes in the sink after the Crimson Tide lost its football game to Arkansas 34-31 in double overtime Saturday.

While Joseph Logan was throwing the tantrum, Seth Logan asked for a new car.

Joseph Logan then retrieved a 9 mm pistol from his car, grabbed his son by the collar and pressed the gun to his son's forehead, the report said.

Logan threatened to shoot his son in the head, then pulled the trigger.

Seth Logan moved his head just as his father fired and the bullet whizzed past him, the report said.

Seth Logan fled to a neighbor's house to call police. He told police his ear was numb and his head ringing, but he was OK.

Sheriff's authorities called the SWAT team after discovering the armed father still had a 13-year-old son in the house with him.

Joseph Alan Logan walked out of the house with the other son and turned himself in to police just before the SWAT team arrived, Christian said.

And what kind of threats did Vaughn have on his answering machine? What about the reason why Brandon Cox had to take down his facebook page?

What is worse a few people leaving ugly messages on Joh Vaughn's answering maching or a Bammer trying to shoot his own son after Bammer lost to Arkansas?

Don't be bitter just because God dealt you a bad hand.

Damn you, Brad... that hurt.

Take note, BG. THIS is how you get served.

The best part is that you always come back for more.

Here is part of a story about Bill Curry's coaching career at Bammer. This story talks about Bammers making death threats against Bill Curry's wife and throwing bricks through Bill Curry's office window after he lost to Ole Miss in 1988.

1987-89 Bill Curry (26-10)

Curry's .722 winning percentage remains the highest of any 'Bama coach since Bear. He won two SEC coach of the year awards and one SEC title. So where did he go wrong? One, the Georgia Tech alum and coach came from outside the 'Bama "family" and from a school that Bryant publicly despised, no less. Secondly, he never beat Auburn. His wife received death threats. After a homecoming loss to Ole Miss in 1988, someone threw a brick through his office window. It also came out in '89 that two-thirds of his players were on academic probation. Despite coming off a 10-2 season, Curry resigned to become coach at fellow SEC school Kentucky, a move many considered a clear step backward. He later blamed a new administration that he said tried to strip him of his authority.

Never seen anything thrown in anger.

What about USF?

Ah hell, we'll just turn the hoses on them the next time, and that will REALLY show class. Georgia fans would be used to that.

I was there. The ones on the field got exactly what they deserved. As announced, they had no business being there and were literally ripping the AU symbol at midfield up with their bare hands.

One or two guys by the uga section did whip their cannons ( B) ) up into the uga section quickly a couple of times, and that was wrong, but overall it was right. The vast majority of the hosed were a-holes with absolutely no business on the field who were in the act of vandalism.

What is worse a few people leaving ugly messages on Joh Vaughn's answering maching or a Bammer trying to shoot his own son after Bammer lost to Arkansas?

It's ONE dude. One drunk idiot. Don't act like there's a pattern of this happening all the time.

, but received my Masters at Bama. So according to the rules here, I have a right to be fans of both.

Did you actually come to a complete stop at the light or did you just slow down enough for them to toss it in the window?

Doesn't matter. I've got it. Do you have yours?

Here is part of a story about how badly Bill Curry was treated during his coaching career at Bammer.

Former Tech standout Bill Curry proves that nice guys don't finish last

By Gene Asher

If you think the Currys have led a charmed life, think again. In the past 37 years, with his playing and coaching, they moved 31 times. Despite his success, what they endured from zealous Alabama fans was a horrible nightmare.

What happened at Alabama the Currys will forgive but never forget. When Ray Perkins, one of Bear Bryant's former players, gave up the head coaching job in 1987 to become coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the most likely candidates to succeed him were Bobby Bowden, Howard Schnellenberger and Danny Ford, all of whom had won NCAA national championships and had ties to Alabama or its late, legendary coach, Bear Bryant. The man President Dr. Joab Thomas picked was Bill Curry.

Curry bled gold and white and probably could have had a lifetime job at Georgia Tech. But his ego got the best of him. "Carolyn and I discussed it," he explains, "and she agreed that I ought to seize the opportunity of coaching a team which was a perennial national contender."

In making the announcement of Curry's selection, Thomas said, "He not only is a good football coach but he never has cheated, has no intention of cheating and can use the word 'study' and 'hall' in the same sentence. He is not only free of any scandal but has been an outspoken critic of coaches whose teams have been placed on probation. He can win and he can improve the academic performance of our athletes."

To say that some Tide fans and Bryant disciples were less than enthusiastic about President Thomas' choice would be an understatement. They were downright livid.

Before Curry even arrived on campus, he, his wife, Carolyn, and President Thomas all received death threats. There was a backlash from some of Bryant's former players.

Once Curry and his family settled into a home, the hostility increased. Rocks and assorted missiles were thrown through his office window. The unflappable Curry took it in stride.

"In dealing with criticism, I studied a lot of people like Abe Lincoln, Helen Keller, Jackie Robinson. When they were criticized they just kept going. What I have gone through is a Sunday picnic compared to what they endured."

In his first Tide football season, when his team was expected to be an also-ran, he came within one game of winning the SEC. In his second season, he took his team to the Sun Bowl. Still the harassment continued. Some members of the media called for his resignation.

Furman Bisher, as always straight as an arrow, wrote, in part, "Winning does not impress the Crimson Tide. The problem is Curry is not one of them. The crazies want another Bear Bryant and comparing Bryant to Curry would be like comparing W. C. Fields to Dr. Norman Vincent Peale."

In his third season, Curry accomplished more than his predecessor did in four seasons. And even Bryant could not match Curry in his last three years --- getting Alabama to the Sugar Bowl. Curry's three-year record of 26-10-0 and three straight bowls was as good as that of any coach in Alabama history.

After winning the SEC crown in 1989 he resigned to become the head football coach at Kentucky. He left Alabama with the same class with which he arrived. "Those rabble-rousers, those hangers-on, they are riff-raff who will turn on you in a minute." Curry didn't say it, Bear Bryant did. Curry spent seven seasons at Kentucky. When his contract was not renewed, a columnist for the Lexington Leader, wrote, in part, "Curry is a good and decent man who told his players that if they were going to play football, they were going to classes."

"He gave them a model of gentlemanly conduct. He was an example of dignity in the face of shameful and unfair attacks. He had grace under fire. His departure is Kentucky's loss."

Archived