Bama being Bama

WAR-MATT

he started throwing stuff at an 85 year old woman...and was removed from the stadium.

It was probably Phyllis from the Finescum show, if so it was warranted.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
he started throwing stuff at an 85 year old woman...and was removed from the stadium.

It was probably Phyllis from the Finescum show, if so it was warranted.

If it were Phyllis, then yes, it was more than warranted ;)

I would say the difference is that the cups and bottles started flying without provocation at B-D. They were just pissed about losing. The cups and ice didn't come flying at USF until they started pointing and mouthing off to the student section.

regardless of why it was done in either situation, it is not excusable. neither is UGA fans defacing the stadium either. a friend of mine was there and said the frat section was a disgrace. most folks he was around were mad we lost, but accepted it as a good game.

http://uga.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1&am...352&style=1

For those of you listening to the bama post game show some guy called in and was saying that ga fans took down the banners… Please let any bama fans you know that this was not true at all… We were sitting in that section and waited until the section was almost empty before we left and I personally saw the guy who had the flag rapped around him while his buddies were taking his picture and he was wearing burgundy and a hat with an A on it… I know GA has its fair share of idiots but in this case these were homegrown in Ala.

First, let me say that UGA fans did in fact throw stuff on the field against Auburn in 2005. That is and still is PATHETIC. AU earned the win and should do whatever the hell they want.

With that said, I was very, very disappointed to hear about the stuff thrown at the UGA players. A former player on the sideline last night (and he is without doubt the most level-headed guy on the forum) had this to say

What I DO know for sure is their fans hurled enough glass bottles on our bench after the winning TD to keep an emergency room busy all night long.

Something should be done when this occurs. Whether it is HEAVY fines or whatever.

One day...a starter from some school is going to get seriously hurt.

And hopefully not to piss off any of you frat-tastic peeps...but what is REALLY sad about our cup tossing deal (and many other schools) ALL the stuff comes from the same "reserved" section of the student area.

And hopefully not to piss off any of you frat-tastic peeps...but what is REALLY sad about our cup tossing deal (and many other schools) ALL the stuff comes from the same "reserved" section of the student area.

Totally right. Im not in a frat, but I sat in that section last night with the law school students. Its not all frats that sit there, but mainly. Anyway, the frats act like complete morons when we lose and complete morons when we win.

I think the University should come down on them and not allow them to save their seats anymore, fine them, something....its crazy and stupid and I hate that my school is represented by those jerkoffs. Its not everyone, but it is a good majority of that section. Im sure some of the other sections didnt represent themselves to well either.

EVERY UGA fan that I saw last night was a class act. They did not dissappoint me at all, I would love to welcome them back to Tuscaloosa anytime. Actually come to think of it, the only fans I can think of that did not represent their school well in years past are LSU fans and a handful of UF fans.

LSU for obvious reasons, and the UF fans for throwing cups of ice in the student section when TP got hurt.

There were 6 UGA fans at our tailgate. All had great things to say about the atmosphere and how well they were treated. One of them even made a point to tell me how amazed they were at how well Bama fans treat opposing fans. And that in athens we would have been treated poorly.

The USF fans that came down for the Auburn game (as well as the Kansas State fans and the few NMSU fans) all raved about how they were treated also. BUT...

...similar to what you said, the problems from our student section are 99% from the reserved frat sections. I love traditions and think it makes for good TV to see the guys in ties and girls in dresses going nuts. But if they can't get their act together, I'd be all for dispersing them or at least relocating them to less desirable seating.

The USF fans that came down for the Auburn game (as well as the Kansas State fans and the few NMSU fans) all raved about how they were treated also. BUT...

...similar to what you said, the problems from our student section are 99% from the reserved frat sections. I love traditions and think it makes for good TV to see the guys in ties and girls in dresses going nuts. But if they can't get their act together, I'd be all for dispersing them or at least relocating them to less desirable seating.

The sad thing is, everytime we (people who sit in the student section) bring it up, the Greeks go crazy and get all pious. They always explain it away as "every GDI hates Greeks and you are just singling us out". But you don't see that kind of behavior in the rest of the student section. And it's not just throwing cups either. It's throwing up on dates, it's spewing classles language, it's getting arrested during a game.

The sad thing is, everytime we (people who sit in the student section) bring it up, the Greeks go crazy and get all pious. They always explain it away as "every GDI hates Greeks and you are just singling us out". But you don't see that kind of behavior in the rest of the student section. And it's not just throwing cups either. It's throwing up on dates, it's spewing classles language, it's getting arrested during a game.

And I hear the guys in that section are much worse...

Just to be sure I understand all of this...It is okay for the uaters to act like a bunch of nascar-jeff gordon haters IF someone else does it?....Right?.....

Just to be sure I understand all of this...It is okay for the uaters to act like a bunch of nascar-jeff gordon haters IF someone else does it?....Right?.....

No it is not alright. I would just like to say something as a Bama fan. I am embarassed by the way that some of our fans acted at the Georgia game. It is just stupid. Georgia won fair and square, and they had every right to celebrate. I just don't understand why we do things like that. After a loss, I just want to leave the stadium and let them have it. With that said, I also must point out that some of the Georgia fans had no right to steal stadium property(flags). We're there to watch and cheer on our teams, and it is just a puzzle to me as to why fans have to react this way.

We blame this on the student section, and if that is true, then warn them that if that happens again, that they will be refused tickets and not allowed in the stadium again. There are some students that were not able to get tickets this year, and I think that is just terrible that you can't get tickets for games when you are a student. If it was members of a certain fraternity, then that fraternity should be banned from future games. This behavior can and should be stopped.

Also, another thing that has not been brought up here..........so I will go ahead and tell you. On the Nick Saban press conference he mentioned that someone had called an assistant coach Saturday night after the game complaining about the loss. I would just like to string up such a fan. Why do people like this have to ruin it for the rest of us. I support Coach Saban even though he was not my favorite choice, and think that he is doing a great job. Why do we have to do stupid things and make him want to leave.

With that said, I also must point out that some of the Georgia fans had no right to steal stadium property(flags).

Because none did. It all started with a Bama fan claiming it on the radio and it grew from there. Unfort, nobody ever stopped to say look at what the person was actually wearing. http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?s...st&p=413411

No it is not alright. I would just like to say something as a Bama fan. I am embarassed by the way that some of our fans acted at the Georgia game. It is just stupid. Georgia won fair and square, and they had every right to celebrate. I just don't understand why we do things like that. After a loss, I just want to leave the stadium and let them have it. With that said, I also must point out that some of the Georgia fans had no right to steal stadium property(flags). We're there to watch and cheer on our teams, and it is just a puzzle to me as to why fans have to react this way.

We blame this on the student section, and if that is true, then warn them that if that happens again, that they will be refused tickets and not allowed in the stadium again. There are some students that were not able to get tickets this year, and I think that is just terrible that you can't get tickets for games when you are a student. If it was members of a certain fraternity, then that fraternity should be banned from future games. This behavior can and should be stopped.

Also, another thing that has not been brought up here..........so I will go ahead and tell you. On the Nick Saban press conference he mentioned that someone had called an assistant coach Saturday night after the game complaining about the loss. I would just like to string up such a fan. Why do people like this have to ruin it for the rest of us. I support Coach Saban even though he was not my favorite choice, and think that he is doing a great job. Why do we have to do stupid things and make him want to leave.

Sorry. I attempted to read your post, but, I fell asleep.......

Sorry. I attempted to read your post, but, I fell asleep.......

And I care............

With that said, I also must point out that some of the Georgia fans had no right to steal stadium property(flags).

Because none did. It all started with a Bama fan claiming it on the radio and it grew from there. Unfort, nobody ever stopped to say look at what the person was actually wearing. http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?s...st&p=413411

Nice sig pic. I'm always happy when an Auburn guy beats Alabama, even when it is with another team. Searels seems like a good line coach.

There were 6 UGA fans at our tailgate. All had great things to say about the atmosphere and how well they were treated. One of them even made a point to tell me how amazed they were at how well Bama fans treat opposing fans. And that in athens we would have been treated poorly.

This is more of the same patented :bs: you've used 11,946 times now.

Unverified. So is the "hit with the bottle at AU" story. I've been going to AU games for 41 years. For the last 15, I've spent at least half of those games on the sidelines. I've been there for crushing last-second defeats and momentous wins. I've never seen anything thrown on the field or in the stands other than a few paper airplanes and one roll of toilet paper.

Unverified. So is the "hit with the bottle at AU" story. I've been going to AU games for 41 years. For the last 15, I've spent at least half of those games on the sidelines. I've been there for crushing last-second defeats and momentous wins. I've never seen anything thrown on the field or in the stands other than a few paper airplanes and one roll of toilet paper.

Gonna have to call you on one thing GG. I saw oranges thrown in 2004 SEC CG.

you must have missed the USF game.

I would say the difference is that the cups and bottles started flying without provocation at B-D. They were just pissed about losing. The cups and ice didn't come flying at USF until they started pointing and mouthing off to the student section.

regardless of why it was done in either situation, it is not excusable. neither is UGA fans defacing the stadium either. a friend of mine was there and said the frat section was a disgrace. most folks he was around were mad we lost, but accepted it as a good game.

I think the problem is, this isn't the first time. It's become a regular occurrence the last year or two at Bryant-Denny. And they don't just throw ice or cups, which is a matter of class and sportsmanship. They throw things like full water bottles and glass whiskey bottles, which is an issue of safety in addition to class. You guys need to get a handle on your student section.

It wasn't the first time in Auburn either. And from what people told me who were at the AU game, the cups came IMMEDIATELY.

But hey, if you feel the need to stick with the holier than thou attitude in regards to Bama...that's cool. Heavin forbid you change your opinion that there is some vast difference between the people who pull for bama and the people who pull for AU. ESPECIALLY the makeup of the student body.

A Bammer fan talking about somebody else having a holier than thou attitude is just hilarious. All I ever read when I lurk on any Bammer message board is, "Bammer is perfect, Bammer has never done anything wrong, Bammer has a lot of class." And Bammers constantly criticize other schools for things they do themselves. Bammers have been keeping their football players eligible by steering them to classes that require little or no work for at least the last 7 or 8 years, and Saban's midget ass was involved in a huge academic fraud scandal while he was the coach at LSU. Those facts don't stop Bammers from making fun of the Sociology classes at Auburn. Bear Bryant called Auburn a cow college and made plowing motions in an effort to make fun of Auburn. Dennis Franchione called Auburn the school down the road. Those facts don't stop Bammers from claiming that Tommy Tuberville has no class. Bammers have had racial incidents during the 1960's, 1980's, 1990's, and this decade. Those facts don't stop Bammers from making fun of the racial incident that happened on Halloween at Auburn a few years ago. You can take your comments about Auburn fans having a holier than thou attitude and shove them up your ass.

... A Bammer fan talking about somebody else having a holier than thou attitude is just hilarious. All I ever read when I lurk on any Bammer message board is, "Bammer is perfect, Bammer has never done anything wrong, Bammer has a lot of class." And Bammers constantly criticize other schools for things they do themselves. Bammers have been keeping their football players eligible by steering them to classes that require little or no work for the last 7 or 8 70 or 80 years, and Saban's midget ass was involved in a huge academic fraud scandal while he was the coach at LSU. Those facts don't stop Bammers from making fun of the Sociology classes at Auburn. Bea Bryant called Auburn a cow college and made plowing motions in an effort to make fun of Auburn. Dennis Franchione called Auburn the school down the road. Those facts don't stop Bammers from claiming that Tommy Tuberville has no class. Bammers have had racial incidents during the 1960's, 1980's, 1990's, and this decade. Those facts don't stop Bammers from making fun of the racial incident that happened on Halloween at Auburn a few years ago. You can take your comments about Auburn fans having a holier than thou attitude and shove them up your ass.

Fixed that for ya.

Gonna have to call you on one thing GG. I saw oranges thrown in 2004 SEC CG.

Okay, let me rephrase. Never seen anything thrown in anger. Oranges signified the orange bowl we should have gotten to go to and didn't. They weren't directed at Tennessee. I was there, too.

Guest Tigrinum Major

The hose incident was fans that stormed the field and started ripping up the turf. Yet another post from you where you don't know what the **** you're talking about.

Go back to Troy and enjoy your Oklahoma State victory and leave us alone.

Archived