Brandon Deadrick talks punishment

sogaaufan

While I think he should have been suspended, I am glad he was made to do community service. I'd say he should have had community service in addition to a 6 gamer.

While I think he should have been suspended, I am glad he was made to do community service. I'd say he should have had community service in addition to a 6 gamer.

Why do you suppose that Shula and (thus far) Saban seem utterly unwilling to put any real teeth into discipline? I thought Saban had a reputation for not putting up with s*** like this the way Shula did. He doesn't seem appreciably different so far.

Its an indictment of the public's feelings on the elderly when going to visit them in an assisted living facility is considered "community service." To me, community service when it pertains to punishment is scrubbing toilets, digging ditches, picking up trash, and having to live in Tuscaloosa.

Why do you suppose that Shula and (thus far) Saban seem utterly unwilling to put any real teeth into discipline? I thought Saban had a reputation for not putting up with s*** like this the way Shula did. He doesn't seem appreciably different so far.

dadgum TT, it's all part of the process and identity. Only he knows, and don't ask.

So long as sabear is in west vance, that Baskin Robbins stock is a safe bet ! ! !

Ok...I'm ashamed to say this, but I actually listened to a few minutes of the Paul ******** show the other afternoon. Just like a car wreck or the oddity at the carnival, I had to stop and observe the carnage.

To paraphrase ********; "You have to understand CNS can't get out of line with this team because of the fragile emotions of the players. If he alienates players, they may leave and he is so terribly under-talented on this team, he can't afford that. His hands are tied."

I hope you begin to see the "freak-show, WWE, carnival" feeling!! It's still Shula's fault for leaving the cupboard bare!! <_<

It's still Shula's fault for leaving the cupboard bare!! <_<

Yeah from what I've heard from bammers it was Shula's fault they lost to UGA and FSU and not to mention he was also the culprit behind hurricane katrina.

Its an indictment of the public's feelings on the elderly when going to visit them in an assisted living facility is considered "community service."

It'd be one thing to visit your grandparents. But to visit strangers in an assited living facility, to me, is community service. It's a good thing. And I don't think one would just randomly hit up an old folks home to hang out.

Well he did suspend Keith and Prince. For what we don't know. I didn't think Simeon deserved a suspension. So really Deaderick is the only case of someone getting a free pass IMO.

And who knows, maybe he is soft on players, or maybe Deaderick was lucky to be the first one to get in trouble...and got a free pass.

Its an indictment of the public's feelings on the elderly when going to visit them in an assisted living facility is considered "community service."

It'd be one thing to visit your grandparents. But to visit strangers in an assited living facility, to me, is community service. It's a good thing. And I don't think one would just randomly hit up an old folks home to hang out.

I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here, so go back and re-read your post and make sure that it says what you meant to say.

I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here, so go back and re-read your post and make sure that it says what you meant to say.

It said exactly what I meant it to say. While I understand visiting people in an assited living facility is a good thing, I doubt there are many people who do it out of the blue...unless they are doing it to visit a family member.

And those who do it are considered to be doing a community service.

I've done it. I went and played guitar for an assisted living center just because I wanted to go play music for people who needed to hear it. You should look up the word "altruistic" and maybe apply it to your life.

It is community service, by definition. But do you really think the elderly care for a criminal like Deadrick to come hang out with them?

Regarding the article, I get so sick and tired of hearing the same old crap. "The incident was really a blessing. I learned from it. I won't do it again."

bull****.

No, Brandon Deadrick will never pound his head into the window of a police car again. He's learned that the headache he inflicted on himself was painful, and now he has to go talk to old people who don't know nor care for who he is.

How many people think that Albert "I Crush Your Eye with My Cleats" Haynesworth is a great person after he went around speaking to school children?

Do you think Haynesworth changed from speaking to school children or from being suspended for multiple games?

Both characters are lowlifes. Playing football is a privilege - especially at the college level. Deadrick is not entitled to anything, yet after showing extremely boorish behavior, he gets to live a dream.

I've done it. I went and played guitar for an assisted living center just because I wanted to go play music for people who needed to hear it. You should look up the word "altruistic" and maybe apply it to your life.

It's not for everyone. And you know that. Just because your altruism happened in an assisted living facility and others happen elsewhere, doesn't make you better than someone.

And don't act like I'm the only person here who doesn't frequent an old folks home.

It's not for everyone. And you know that. Just because your altruism happened in an assisted living facility and others happen elsewhere, doesn't make you better than someone.

And don't act like I'm the only person here who doesn't frequent an old folks home.

I haven't been in an old folks home, but I'm trying to get into a prison ministry with some church friends. Of course, maybe I should rethink that since people in prison are a bunch of low-lifes that aren't sorry for the mistakes they've made. They aren't entitled to mercy.

:no::no:

I haven't been in an old folks home, but I'm trying to get into a prison ministry with some church friends. Of course, maybe I should rethink that since people in prison are a bunch of low-lifes that aren't sorry for the mistakes they've made. They aren't entitled to mercy.

Wow, what a ridiculous attempt.

THEY'RE SERVING TIME FOR THEIR CRIMES.

Brandon Deadrick is on TV Saturday afternoons.

Are you suggesting that Brandon Deaderick didn't stand in front of the same judicial system??

Are you suggesting that Brandon Deaderick didn't stand in front of the same judicial system??

Exactly. I think you are starting to get the picture now.

As a reminder, Coach Saban was known for many things in his other college coaching stints - talent evaluation, defense, recruiting, but discipline was not one of them. In that regard he and Mike Shula are cut from the cloth.

He has never cared about off the field incidents as long as you can play football.

Maybe you could visit Deadrick there.

Nope. You really think that if you or I were in his shoes, we wouldn't have gone to jail for an extended amount of time? Do you think we would have gotten off with community service as simple as visiting the eldery in a retirement home? What bothers me is that Brandon Deadrick has the opportunity to make a big play in a big football game and become a Crimson Tide legend. Fans could one day speak of his name for the great things he did on the football field. Kids will want to buy his jersey. When he graduates, speaking to audiences will be considered community service that costs a large sum of money. And the memory of his run-in with the police will be a sidenote. He will have suffered nothing but the horrific idea of having a conversation with people over the age of 75. He will have faced the punishment of being forced to spend his Sunday afternoon in the peculiar stench of old age. Do you realize how criminal his actions were? If you saw someone acting like that on Cops, you'd want to put it in your top ten list. Bashing his head against the car window? Giving a false name? And he wasn't suspended a game...didn't face any jail time...no word on if he ran a stadium for it...but we do know he's being forced to discuss the comedy routine of WC Fields with people who were alive when he was the main attraction. Absolutely pitiful.

I'm not asking for this guy to be lynched. I'm just asking for some kind of punishment that is the least bit believable. Why should I think a few hours of community service will change this guy's life?

Bama fans can defend it as community service all they want.It is what it is....A JOKE!!!!!!

It makes me grateful for one thing.Tommy Tuberville

Nope. You really think that if you or I were in his shoes, we wouldn't have gone to jail for an extended amount of time?

Well considering he was arrested for a misdemeanor...I doubt you would go to prison for the same thing.

Nope. You really think that if you or I were in his shoes, we wouldn't have gone to jail for an extended amount of time?

Well considering he was arrested for a misdemeanor...I doubt you would go to prison for the same thing.

Well that's good.

Archived