halftime report

AU!

S. Fla looks pretty good but they're still having some issues. This is still anyone's game but S. Fla is up. GO BULLS

USF doesn't look as good as they did against us. Hope they can pull it out. Man, does Rutgers have a kickoff return guy or what. I hope that Trenden (sp) Holloway doesn't do that to us too.

I must have been watching different games than the rest of the country. To me, USF never amazed. They defeated Auburn and WVU for one reason: Turnovers.

Yes, it is a part of the game and I'm not making excuses. But USF was able to capitalize on turnovers during the AU and WVU games. Their offense is not anything special. Their kicking game is not good. Their defense was nothing spectacular either.

USF won their two big games because they had luck go their way. I'm not saying they didn't deserve their victories, but their team isn't that spectacular.

Well I hate to say I told you so but......from October 1st I said

I guessing they lose at least 2 games the rest of the way.
I'll say they could lose the following: UCF, Rutgers, U Conn, Cincinnati, Louisville, and Pitt.

I'll go on record saying that they will lose to Rutgers, Louisville and possibly Pitt or U Conn. Of course I could be wrong but this is a team not accustomed to success and having the bulls-eye on their back.

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?s...c=41369&hl=

this game was perfect example why you try to score and don't let the clock run out before halftime. The field goal made right before the half was the difference.

Guest Tigrinum Major

I hate to say it, but I am ready to see instant replay banned forever.

The overturning of the blocked field goal returned for a TD was bull****. It was another judgement call made by the doofus in the pressbox. Was the play illegal? Probably. But the way they batted the ball forward twice was slick enough that it should not have been overturned.

In fact, when I watched it in slow motion, I saw the first player reaching for the ball after he batted it and the second player fumble when hit from behind while switching hands.

Impossible to judge intent, regardless of how many angles you have.

I hate to say it, but I am ready to see instant replay banned forever.

The overturning of the blocked field goal returned for a TD was bull****. It was another judgement call made by the doofus in the pressbox. Was the play illegal? Probably. But the way they batted the ball forward twice was slick enough that it should not have been overturned.

In fact, when I watched it in slow motion, I saw the first player reaching for the ball after he batted it and the second player fumble when hit from behind while switching hands.

Impossible to judge intent, regardless of how many angles you have.

I agree.... even though I was hoping like hell that the play would be brought back, i do think it was a bad call. They preach "indisputable" evidence..... "indisputable" to me means "with out a doubt". I don't see how they over-turned that play! The Ole Miss/Bama game was another example of instant replay failing. They either need to get rid of it or start getting it right.

Guest Tigrinum Major

If the officials on the field had called it, I'd have no problem with the call. But the guy in the booth has no basis to overturn that no call.

The replay officials seem to be overstepping their bounds lately.

I was equally furious saying exactly the same thing.

If it were called on the field, then so be it. Why make the rule "indisputable evidence" when they are not at all going to follow it?

Archived