Another Bama legacy

JohnDeere

Yet another thread I see no point in pushing any further.

But just for the record...what's being said here is: I'm an as***** because I tried to steer the thread into a non-flammatory direction...4 times.

Awesome.

**WHISTLE***

C'mon people...move onnnn...

Nothing to see here...

**WHISTLE**.....

Thanks bud. :thumbsup:

I started this thread yesterday at around 8am; BamaGrad spent his ENTIRE day come back to check this thread to defend the proud honor of the Neighbors kid and the Bama nation. He finally gives up around midnight last night.

I just gave my opinion that one of Saban's GREAT recruits isn't really a D1 prospect, just another sad legacy story as Bama fads into mediocrity. I really don't give a s*** what the bammer trolls on this site think, but BamaGrad assuming his daily duties to defend all things bama on an Auburn message board misquotes me, I then proceed to MISTAKENLY FLAME HIM. But, I'm the one out of line. I will assume BamaGrad has never known anybody with down syndrome.

I'm a lost sinner, please forgive me BamaGrad?

I just gave my opinion that one of Saban's GREAT recruits isn't really a D1 prospect, just another sad legacy story as Bama fads into mediocrity.

again i state

so, based on one game you can accurately conclude that a player is overrated. just because he might have blown his coverage on a play. wow, i didn't know just one game was the measuring stick for someone's entire career. i guess Brandon Cox must be REALLY overrated since he had a couple bad games. :rolleyes:

and as far as "as Bama 'fads' into mediocrity", if mediocrity is being in contention for the SECCG 9 games into the season, i'll take that any season. there will have to be a glitch in the matrix for AU to go, so what does that make AU?

and as far as "as Bama 'fads' into mediocrity", if mediocrity is being in contention for the SECCG 9 games into the season, i'll take that any season. there will have to be a glitch in the matrix for AU to go, so what does that make AU?

I guess if we played our toughest games the last few games of the season this year, we might have been in better contention going into them too. By the time the season ends, you'll be either talking moral victories, or how bad the season ended. It won't be because of a trip to the SECCG.

He gave his opinion earlier, so you asking the question again is doing nothing more than trying to light a match under a flame that's already gone out.

Get over yourself and move on RWS.... You're not making or asking anything groundbreaking here...

He gave his opinion earlier, so you asking the question again is doing nothing more than trying to light a match under a flame that's already gone out.

Get over yourself and move on RWS.... You're not making or asking anything groundbreaking here...

actually, he never did answer my question. if you weren't so busy trying to trade licks, you might have noticed that. how can you make a proper evaluation of a player by seeing one game? so, he might have blown his coverage on one play. how does that make him overrated? apparently he did not bother checking any of his stats before the comment was made.

for example, after the Daphne vs. Foley game, some people here said they were not very impressed with Reggie Hunt and kind of wondered what the deal was. i explained that Foley has a VERY stout defense this season and that Reggie Hunt is a solid back and is an excellent pickup for you guys because i have been watching him for years now. some saw one game where he gained only like 35 yards on 13 carries or something like that and wanted to make an assumption. thats fine if somebody wants to call someone overrated, but at least watch more than one or two games before you make that assumption.

get over yourself and actually pay attention to the content of a thread instead of running around like a chicken with your head cut off trying to flame anything a Bama poster puts up. my question was lost in the flame fest, was quite valid and went unanswered.

Wes Neighbors

Saw Huntsville play Florence, he ran a kickoff back for a TD; Florence threw the ball right at him all night as he TRIED to cover their #1 Split end.

IMO....not a D1 athlete, but scout says he is 3 star. I guess granddaddy's name helps get a foot in the door at UAT. Surprise, surprise.

so, based on one game you can accurately conclude that a player is overrated. just because he might have blown his coverage on a play. wow, i didn't know just one game was the measuring stick for someone's entire career. i guess Brandon Cox must be REALLY overrated since he had a couple bad games. :rolleyes:

I quoted from here RWS, because I guess in a period of 24 hours, you've forgotten your same tired old response to everything that you've used here. You're training under Jedi BG has served you well.

Take an otherwise tame, observation about a bammer recruit, and wammo, here comes the bammer machine via RWS and eventually BG. So WHAT if JD has that opinion based on his observation of an entire game? Seriously, how many games do most D-1 scouts give every recruit out there? JD's not a recruiter for Bama, so get over it already.

Your post reeked of arrogance and smart-allecky sarcasm. Then you bring in your biggest downfall for me and others on this board. You, even more than BG (maybe debatable) bring up an Auburn player. Brandon Cox? So you're pulling Brandon Cox up to make a point about the simple observation gig from JD.

Brother, you just get more sad by the day.

So, directly to your questions, I'll just say, that JD gave his opinion in the first post. You didn't actually ask a question. There's not a "question mark" to be found. It's just a smartass, ignorant repsonse with a Brandon Cox "ember" to stoke an argument.

We see it for what it is. You're just pissed because you got called out on it. Please, really try and continue to act like you were just stoking "honest" debate... I'll call you out on it everytime you do it this way.

Wes Neighbors

Saw Huntsville play Florence, he ran a kickoff back for a TD; Florence threw the ball right at him all night as he TRIED to cover their #1 Split end.

IMO....not a D1 athlete, but scout says he is 3 star. I guess granddaddy's name helps get a foot in the door at UAT. Surprise, surprise.

I quoted from here RWS, because I guess in a period of 24 hours, you've forgotten your same tired old response to everything that you've used here. You're training under Jedi BG has served you well.

Take an otherwise tame, observation about a bammer recruit, and wammo, here comes the bammer machine via RWS and eventually BG. So WHAT if JD has that opinion based on his observation of an entire game? Seriously, how many games do most D-1 scouts give every recruit out there? JD's not a recruiter for Bama, so get over it already.

Your post reeked of arrogance and smart-allecky sarcasm. Then you bring in your biggest downfall for me and others on this board. You, even more than BG (maybe debatable) bring up an Auburn player. Brandon Cox? So you're pulling Brandon Cox up to make a point about the simple observation gig from JD.

So, directly to your questions, I'll just say, that JD gave his opinion in the first post. You didn't actually ask a question. There's not a "question mark" to be found. It's just a smartass, ignorant repsonse with a Brandon Cox "ember" to stoke an argument.

We see it for what it is. You're just pissed because you got called out on it. Please, really try and continue to act like you were just stoking "honest" debate... I'll call you out on it everytime you do it this way.

:roflol:

that was pretty much the answer i expected from you. the reason i brought up BC was because i was giving you something you can understand to compare to. obviously BC is not a bad QB or overrated, and that is why i made that statement to try and make the point that you cannot base an honest opinion on a player by just watching one game. trust me, i'm not "pissed" about anything. at this point i am pretty amused by your response.....anyways, continue your crusade, AC1. so, do you believe you can accurately judge a player by just watching one game and just because that player blew his coverage once in the game?

(i put that question mark pretty big to make sure you could see it, since one punctuation mark obviously changes the content of a post)

that was pretty much the answer i expected from you. the reason i brought up BC was because i was giving you something you can understand to compare to. obviously BC is not a bad QB or overrated, and that is why i made that statement to try and make the point that you cannot base an honest opinion on a player by just watching one game. trust me, i'm not "pissed" about anything. at this point i am pretty amused by your response.....anyways, continue your crusade, AC1. so, do you believe you can accurately judge a player by just watching one game and just because that player blew his coverage once in the game?

(i put that question mark pretty big to make sure you could see it, since one punctuation mark obviously changes the content of a post)

I thought you were asking JD? Actually, you say something in your "question" that shows you're not paying attention. Did JD walk in, watch ONE play, then walk back out? You've ignored that. Actually, if the opinion is based on watching his play all night against the other teams "#1" player, then I'd have to question whether or not he's up to D-1 levels. I think that all came across just fine in what JD was saying. YOU'RE the one that has a problem with his observation of one game and having an opinion.

All I'm saying is, who cares? Really RWS, you're coming back to me with a "crusade" line as if I'm the one on a bammer site defending the bama name tiresly where it's warranted, and even where it's not. He didn't say the kid sucked. He didn't say Bama sucked. He didn't tell a "you're momma's so fat" joke about your mom, or his mom. He stated an opinion, and you decided to crap your slacks over it.

So, yes, I think one game is MORE than sufficient if I see what I'm looking for. I guess thank goodness for you that JD, nor I, am responsible for the recruiting of athletes at Bama, so I can see why you felt it necessary to bang your pots and pans at the thought JD had an "other than" positive review of your young recruit.

You're hopeless...keeeeeep climbin though... You're like the little engine that could when it comes to debates like this... :thumbsup:

Wes Neighbors

I am misquoted again....I never said, "player blew his coverage once". A student of the game can imply from my 1st post, Florence lined up and proceeded to throw the ball right at him.

1st. I've observed several highschool football games in which a future D1 football player participated. I'll PM you a list of names if needed.

2nd. In big games, the future D1 player is clearly the BEST athlete on the field, if no other future D1 player participates. They usually put their entire team on their back, at whatever position they play; and WIN the ballgame literally.

3rd. Neighbors did not appear to me to meet the examples stated above in #2. against a very average Florence team. The tailback from Florence was probably the best athlete on the field and he proceed to run over or past Neighbors most of the game.

I'll give you this; most D1 coaches aren't going to base their scholarship decision on just one football game performance (as opposed to CTT walking into a basketball game and offering up a football scholly to *******? on the spot); but they can tell from one game if a kid has heart and if he refuses to lay down at the end of game when his team is losing(which you can go ahead and concur that I'm implying that Neighbors did just that). The Neighbors kid has probably went to camp at UAT this summer and his name got him alot more attention then he probably deserves.

But it's ALL GOOD, Bama can have him for all care. Since Saban is a capable recruiter and can turn D2/1AA players that walk-on at Bama into starters with his football genius (see rolltide.com).

I am misquoted again....I never said, "player blew his coverage once". A student of the game can imply from my 1st post, Florence lined up and proceeded to throw the ball right at him.

1st. I've observed several highschool football games in which a future D1 football player participated. I'll PM you a list of names if needed.

2nd. In big games, the future D1 player is clearly the BEST athlete on the field, if no other future D1 player participates. They usually put their entire team on their back, at whatever position they play; and WIN the ballgame literally.

3rd. Neighbors did not appear to me to meet the examples stated above in #2. against a very average Florence team. The tailback from Florence was probably the best athlete on the field and he proceed to run over or past Neighbors most of the game.

I'll give you this; most D1 coaches aren't going to base their scholarship decision on just one football game performance (as opposed to CTT walking into a basketball game and offering up a football scholly to *******? on the spot); but they can tell from one game if a kid has heart and if he refuses to lay down at the end of game when his team is losing(which you can go ahead and concur that I'm implying that Neighbors did just that). The Neighbors kid has probably went to camp at UAT this summer and his name got him alot more attention then he probably deserves.

But it's ALL GOOD, Bama can have him for all care. Since Saban is a capable recruiter and can turn D2/1AA players that walk-on at Bama into starters with his football genius (see rolltide.com).

see AC1, take notes. for the most part, JD's response is how you actually reply to a question.

i agree with you about how coaches evaluate a player, and that was mainly my point. i don't think it is fair to judge a kid as being overrated or not based on one game, and that was pretty clear when i defended Reggie Hunt. whether he was having a bad game or not, i don't really know. he had 14 tackles that night, which was the most on the team. it does look like the defense gave up in the 4th though, as Florence scored 20 points. i'm not here to say Neighbors is the greatest thing since sliced bread, or that CNS will turn whatever talent into a starter with his "football genius"......my point is i think it is silly to make that statement just because he might have had a bad game against a really good team (Florence is 8-1 and captured the regional title by defeating previously undefeated Huntsville). different players work out differently in different systems, and according to Neighbors we haven't really decided whether to use him as an OLB or a SS. i trust our coaches in their recruiting and if they think he will work out in the system we are trying to run, then we will have to see when he takes the field. :thumbsup:

Cause all my buds who use to frequent this board (who introduced me to this board) have bailed.

I know the story BamaGrad. You buddied up with some mods/owners and now you run around hijacking every thread that is bammer smack. Known posters on this site have called you out and the mods/owners have told them to back down to protect you.

Hang on just a second. I'm calling bull**** on this right now. I don't know what your little friends told you but they are full of it and know nothing about pretty much anything if that's their impression. BamaGrad doesn't get any special protection from mods. He's treated no differently than runswithscissors, WinCrimson (well, except for that week when we play with the profanity filter), Argo, BamaJay, SouthLink, geauxscott and other rivals posters who are regulars here. They don't break the rules. Sure, BG and some of the other bama folks are stubborn as hell sometimes and should just let the bammer bashing roll off instead of trying to defend them all the time, but that's not exactly a crime. And if threads they are on tend to ramble on for pages and pages of arguing, I'd suggest those who have such a problem with it look in the mirror because they aren't talking to themselves.

I've been part of other Auburn boards. And I've visited rival forums like TigerForums (LSU), BamaMag, BamaOnline, the old BamaVillage, Crimson Tusks and so on. And frankly, I don't care for stupid places that only let rivals post if they genuflect at the home team's logo and meekly back down any time their team is attacked. Or when a local fan insults you, you don't get to fire back because the mods will step in and shut you down while letting their guy say almost anything they want. It's stupid, it's juvenile and it only breeds a bunch more juveniles who think the sole purpose of a message board is to act like buttholes to anyone not wearing their colors.

Sorry, that's not what we are. It never has been what we are and it never will be.

The kicker is, there is a simple solution to this problem. Stop responding to them. If you don't like how much BG or rws or whoever posts here, try exercising some self control or put them on your ignore list. If you see that someone has quoted them and inadvertently read a comment of theirs, summon up the God given ability to move on and don't respond. You don't see me jumping in every thread where BG or some other bama guy is going at it with some Auburn fans. Hell, I don't have that kind of time. I jump in here and there but it doesn't rule my life or ruin my experience here. Those of you who have such a bug up your rear about this should try just not responding. It'll do wonders for your outlook.

It is a real shame this board was really growing in members, because it had some good threads going (good sources of news/good debate/plenty of bammer bashing). It had a lot of 'commercial' potential (could have been sold off for a profit), but now it headed 'south' (penny stock potential). There are more bammer trolls running free posting on this site then Auburn fans posting .

Again, bull****. We have a handful of regular bama fans that come here. The Auburn fans who regularly post here outnumber them 10 to 1 if not more. The site is still growing and when you guys aren't losing your grits over some bammer that dares to give you any pushback, there's good debate too. We have dumbass bammers, LSU fans and such that come here too and we treat them accordingly. We either toy with them like a cat does a ball (BAMAPERRY), roundly slam them like most of the LSU idiots that come here once a year or if they flout the rules, we ban them.

Frankly, if you don't like the way things are here JD, you're welcome to leave. You won't be missed. Seriously. Not everyone thinks the only fun to be had on a message board is to treat rivals like utter crap simply for being a rival who doesn't kiss your ass the way you like it.

Actually, you didn't address anything about how you spend hours on here popping off and arguing with people that will never agree with you. I've asked you that hundreds of times...

..and contrary to your "flaming" intentions, you're one of the biggest "Flamers" on here...

..no offense of course....

Nice sidestep. I was being serious man. I'm trying to make a point here. Some of the s*** I take around here is unwarranted. This thread being prime example.

The guy jumps all down my throat, and then tells me how I'm a loser because HE started talking about kickers.

Then you jump in and defend his drivel, just because he's an AU fan.

You're the one that puts yourself out there for it killer. #3 poster on the board, a bammer, AND probably on here the most.

Is this a personal crusade? I mean, some kids grow up, they want to be fireman. Some want to be fireman and defend bama (RWS)... Some want to be police officers. Some kids desire to be pro-athletes someday.

You must aspire to be a bammer apologist, and a bammer apologist only. It's a desire that must be so deep rooted for you to put up with the "s***" you have to take. You could let it go, but NOOOOO sir. You get off your can, dust yourself off everytime with arguments built on excellent grammer and vocabulary. You throw in a few "dudes", "grasping at straws", "pleases" and "ummmms", and you come across almost human.

Actually though, you're a robot BG. You complain about the same thing, day in and day out like a faithful, programable machine. You act like the victim here, when really, you're just the instigator most of the time.

This particular thread didn't start with "post #1", it started somewhere out there around your post #3000. You're an easy target, and worth a good laugh, but one thing you will NEVER be is revolutionary nobel peace prize winning debater on an Auburn board.

Please, post your bama logic, your bama thoughts, and your crimsonly narrow image of the world around you, but please spare us the "you wouldn't believe the "S***" I have to take" speeches.

Seriously...you made your point about the recruit. So did John. What else did you have to add other than recognize what we all already know? He's an Auburn fan, and he took a shot at belittling your bama opinions on a player. It's no shock...

Just sayin... So, just understand that by doing what you do, you might not be holding matches with intent to burn, but you're already hot under your seat by your very presence.

Live with it... I'll be happy to point it out to you at all times....

My Lord you guys spend a lot of time on this loser.

Bottom line, YOU are the one pissing and s***ting on threads. And YOU are mad because you can't just start a bunch of stupid smack talk threads and have them go unchecked.

If you have a problem with the board, you're more than happy to leave. I've been a round a LOOOOONG time. And there's others who have been here a LOOOOONG time who will be here when you decide to take your s*** talking to the crybaby 4 year old girl message board.

I guess I shouldn't have called you out as a 'frickin loser'? I guess that makes me a retard? Then you start throwing out foul language with the *********s;did I get under your skin or are you having a bad day son?

I guess since you've been lurking around an Auburn board (while claiming to be a Bama fan) longer then me, you are obviously entitled to 'stop' smack that is directed at Bama and bash me?

Others? Name'em please?

Cause all my buds who use to frequent this board (who introduced me to this board) have bailed.

I'll call major bulls*** to this one. If its the case, name them, prove you know what you claim to know. My response to this, even if it were to be true, which is absolutely ludicrous to think, is who needs them? If they let one person on a message board run them off, then perhaps a little message board education is needed. THere is a little thing we have here called the Ignore button. You can ignore any poster you wish.

I know the story BamaGrad. You buddied up with some mods/owners and now you run around hijacking every thread that is bammer smack. Known posters on this site have called you out and the mods/owners have told them to back down to protect you.

once again, bull****. JD, you obviously need to read the board a little more before you make these outlandish, and ridiculous comments. Have you not seen the exchanges between Titan and BG, myself and BG, or Galen and BG?? All three of us are mods, and we certainly have never given preferential treatment to him or anyone else on this board, nor have we told any other posters to back down to protect anybody.

It is a real shame this board was really growing in members, because it had some good threads going (good sources of news/good debate/plenty of bammer bashing). It had a lot of 'commercial' potential (could have been sold off for a profit), but now it headed 'south' (penny stock potential). There are more bammer trolls running free posting on this site then Auburn fans posting .

Again, you are just totally WRONG. This board continues to grow despite your uninformed opinion on the matter. The mods/admins/owners group alone outnumbers the "bammer trolls" as you call them that post here. In fact, there are really only three or four consistent visitors that are bama fans, them being: BamaGrad, RWS, Argo, and WinCrimson. There may be others that drop in from time to time, but there are certainly not more bama fans here than Auburn fans. You need look at the whole board instead of seeking out a bama fan to attack all the time. If you really don't like the way things are run here, you have the power to go elsewhere. We won't stop you and probably won't even notice you're gone.

see AC1, take notes. for the most part, JD's response is how you actually reply to a question.

i agree with you about how coaches evaluate a player, and that was mainly my point. i don't think it is fair to judge a kid as being overrated or not based on one game, and that was pretty clear when i defended Reggie Hunt. whether he was having a bad game or not, i don't really know. he had 14 tackles that night, which was the most on the team. it does look like the defense gave up in the 4th though, as Florence scored 20 points. i'm not here to say Neighbors is the greatest thing since sliced bread, or that CNS will turn whatever talent into a starter with his "football genius"......my point is i think it is silly to make that statement just because he might have had a bad game against a really good team (Florence is 8-1 and captured the regional title by defeating previously undefeated Huntsville). different players work out differently in different systems, and according to Neighbors we haven't really decided whether to use him as an OLB or a SS. i trust our coaches in their recruiting and if they think he will work out in the system we are trying to run, then we will have to see when he takes the field. :thumbsup:

Wow, that was a whole lot of "who gives a crap" when it comes to what my points were to you.......

My point was this...

JD posted this....

Wes Neighbors

..and you responded with this...

so, based on one game you can accurately conclude that a player is overrated. just because he might have blown his coverage on a play. wow, i didn't know just one game was the measuring stick for someone's entire career. i guess Brandon Cox must be REALLY overrated since he had a couple bad games.

..complete with sarcasm "eyeroll" icon...

You weren't trying to do anything but be a smartass. If you want to debate someone, fine, then throw your rebuttal out there and get on with it. You chose the Captain Smartass route with your little sarcastic ember, then included an Auburn player not even involved to make some kind of worthless point.

I just called you out on your methodology here. So, I'd save your speech about conduct.

I'm glad you got an answer from JD. Had you actually asked a question to him earlier based on any kind of real rebuttal, you might have gotten it earlier and avoided all this.

Till next time scissorman.... :thumbsup:

Wow, that was a whole lot of "who gives a crap" when it comes to what my points were to you.......

My point was this...

JD posted this....

Wes Neighbors

..and you responded with this...

so, based on one game you can accurately conclude that a player is overrated. just because he might have blown his coverage on a play. wow, i didn't know just one game was the measuring stick for someone's entire career. i guess Brandon Cox must be REALLY overrated since he had a couple bad games.

..complete with sarcasm "eyeroll" icon...

You weren't trying to do anything but be a smartass. If you want to debate someone, fine, then throw your rebuttal out there and get on with it. You chose the Captain Smartass route with your little sarcastic ember, then included an Auburn player not even involved to make some kind of worthless point.

I just called you out on your methodology here. So, I'd save your speech about conduct.

I'm glad you got an answer from JD. Had you actually asked a question to him earlier based on any kind of real rebuttal, you might have gotten it earlier and avoided all this.

Till next time scissorman.... :thumbsup:

except for the first line telling you to take notes, that reply was to what JD said and was not meant to address anything you said because......well, there's not really a point in addressing anything you say. i know you live to have flame wars and all, but i don't.

except for the first line telling you to take notes, that reply was to what JD said and was not meant to address anything you said because......well, there's not really a point in addressing anything you say. i know you live to have flame wars and all, but i don't.

Not a flame, just advice. Answer, or rebut posts with information, not sarcastic remarks (There was no question in your original post, at least none with any question mark. None that wasn't meant to be sarcastic or made with a rhetorical context). At that point, you have no flame. I can only hope you "get it" from there.

Archived