How do THEY figure?

InDNo

After a check of several boards, it seems that --- BASED ON TONIGHT'S GAME --- the majority of uat fans are convinced they'll beat us.

Their running game was totally ineffective, they had only a few big pass plays, they stay in the game via penalties and turnovers and they're convinced they're going to beat us?

To put it bluntly, they played like crap and LSU (and, at least in the first half, the zebras) let them stay in the game. All this in their stadium.

Here's my point: If Alabama performs like they did tonight in our place on Nov. 24, I've no doubt we'll kick their ass.

So, I feel good.

InDNo

Moral victory number 3,754.

If LSU doesn't turn the ball over half a dozen times and have 150 yards in penalties, that game turns into a rout.

If LSU turned the ball over like that against Auburn two weeks ago? That game wouldn't have been close either.

After a check of several boards, it seems that --- BASED ON TONIGHT'S GAME --- the majority of uat fans are convinced they'll beat us.

Their running game was totally ineffective, they had only a few big pass plays, they stay in the game via penalties and big plays and they're convinced they're going to beat us?

To put it bluntly, they played like crap and LSU (and, at least in the first half, the zebras) let them stay in the game. All this in their stadium.

Here's my point: If Alabama performs like they did tonight in our place on Nov. 24, I've no doubt we'll kick their ass.

So, I feel good.

InDNo

This was the worst game the corndogs have played for years. The Mullet Nation is convinced that Saban's process has helped them turn the corner. Any other team would've blistered LSU for all those mistakes (150yds penalties? 3 picks?). Bama is convinced this is a moral victory. I love it.

Agreed 100%. I can't understand why some people think that their game against LSU tonight was a close one. They think because it was close on the score board, they are equal to LSU. Look at the stats. LSU dominated in total yards. If Flynn has a average game, penalties are even, and turnovers are even, LSU wins by at least 21-28. I wish the iron bowl was tomorrow.

I see at least eight in a row, guys. I just hope we can squeeze out two more than that.

Will the eighth consecutive win be versus Saban? Or the ninth? I know damn well that the 10th will not!

InDNo

I actually went to this game with my wife, who is an Alabama fan.

I saw nothing, and I mean NOTHING, to convince me that Alabama will beat us. I would tell you what I REALLY think, but it might be against board mojo rules.

This may have been LSU's worst outing all year. They looked like POO. I swear Les Miles is the luckiest man to ever live.

Alabama does not really have the short pass in their arsenal. They have the long ball and can run it sometimes. Our secondary is too fast to be throwing 50+ yard passes down the field all day without a pick or two. I thought Alabama's O-line did OK sometimes and other times they totally collapsed. They are extremely inconsistent and that is part of the problems they are having is the QB never knows how much time he will have.

They have all kinds of problems all over the place. My prediction is a LOT of sacks in this game coming from our defense.

I saw nothing, and I mean NOTHING, to convince me that Alabama will beat us. I would tell you what I REALLY think, but it might be against board mojo rules.

This may have been LSU's worst outing all year. They looked like POO. I swear Les Miles is the luckiest man to ever live.

Alabama does not really have the short pass in their arsenal. They have the long ball and can run it sometimes. Our secondary is too fast to be throwing 50+ yard passes down the field all day without a pick or two. I thought Alabama's O-line did OK sometimes and other times they totally collapsed. They are extremely inconsistent and that is part of the problems they are having is the QB never knows how much time he will have.

They have all kinds of problems all over the place. My prediction is a LOT of sacks in this game coming from our defense.

uat's O-line may have done OK sometimes, but Andre Smith got USED on several occasions, too.

InDNo

uat's O-line may have done OK sometimes, but Andre Smith got USED on several occasions, too.

InDNo

Exactly. I saw some Alabama o-line guys get beat so bad by their man.....worse than I have seen in quite a while. In one case, the o-line player made contact only to get completely run OVER like somebody's little brother playing in a pick-up game.

Team Stat Comparison

LSU / UA

1st Downs 21 / 20

3rd down efficiency 6-16 / 4-17

4th down efficiency 1-1 / 0-1

Total Yards 475 /254

Passing 388 / 234

Comp-Att 25-46 / 14-40

Yards per pass 8.4 / 8.4

Rushing 87 / 20

Rushing Attempts 34 / 33

]Yards per rush 2.6 / 0.6

Penalties 14-130 / 2-15

Turnovers 3 / 2

Fumbles lost 0 / 1

Interceptions thrown 3 / 1

Possession 33:17 / 26:43

If LSU doesn't give UA two short field scores (inside the 25), gag up 150 yards in penalties, blow a punt coverage, and kill three drives with interceptions, this is a 30-point romp.

I wish those bastards had played that poorly against us two weeks ago. Jeez. That was the sloppiest, most inconsistent game I've seen LSU play since they almost lost to Troy or UNA or whoever it was two years ago.

InDNo

he got more than used on several occasions... He got ABUSED some too....and flat out dominated..

First time I can ever remember, I've had Bama fans calling me gloating over a loss. Usually I only hear from them if they win or if Auburn loses. But tonight, I've already gotten the cocksure call, boasting over a loss. Now I've seen everything.

First time I can ever remember, I've had Bama fans calling me gloating over a loss. Usually I only hear from them if they win or if Auburn loses. But tonight, I've already gotten the cocksure call, boasting over a loss. Now I've seen everything.

GG,

I've been the object of the same kind of calls. I've wanted to tell them all, "Well, really, you played like s***."

But I'm a bigger guy than that. I just say, "See you in three weeks."

InDNo

Unbelievable! My first thought after the game was that it was like two guys running the hundred yard dash. One guy gives the other guy a fifty yard head start, and still wins. Now the little whiney loser brags about it being a close race. LSU tried everything they could to give this game to UA and they weren't good enough to take it. Its amazing what these bammers see. I saw a team that had no business on the field with LSU. If Auburn plays HALF as good as they did against LSU, the bammer fans will be heading out of town by halftime.

There is no moral victory for Bama. They played the best game they have played all year. LSU played the WORST game they have played in years. Bama still wasn't good enough to win.

InDNo

Not even Eli or Kenny could help but tell that Smith was having really bad game. He evidently got hurt and Capps, (you guys remember him, he singlehandedly lost maybe 10 ball games for Alabama according to them) had to come in and play. Kenny and Eli had a half time of the FSU game take on Bama. Said that since the halftime of the FSU game, Bama had basically conceded all year that their all world OL was not going to allow them to run the ball. I heard the same thing on ESPN last night too.

So, Bama comes into JHS in three weeks with a D that is very soft up the middle and a OL that cant run the ball. Yeah, I am really scared of the Iron Bowl.

Team Stat Comparison

LSU / UA

1st Downs 21 / 20

3rd down efficiency 6-16 / 4-17

4th down efficiency 1-1 / 0-1

Total Yards 475 /254

Passing 388 / 234

Comp-Att 25-46 / 14-40

Yards per pass 8.4 / 8.4

Rushing 87 / 20

Rushing Attempts 34 / 33

]Yards per rush 2.6 / 0.6

Penalties 14-130 / 2-15

Turnovers 3 / 2

Fumbles lost 0 / 1

Interceptions thrown 3 / 1

Possession 33:17 / 26:43

If LSU doesn't give UA two short field scores (inside the 25), gag up 150 yards in penalties, blow a punt coverage, and kill three drives with interceptions, this is a 30-point romp.

I wish those bastards had played that poorly against us two weeks ago. Jeez. That was the sloppiest, most inconsistent game I've seen LSU play since they almost lost to Troy or UNA or whoever it was two years ago.

Galen, I posted those numbers somewhere else on the board.

These are from :au: - :lsu:

Team Statistics :au::lsu:

Third Down Efficiency 6-14 7-15

TOTAL NET YARDS 296 488

NET YARDS RUSHING 97 169

Rushes 35 33

Average Per Rush 2.8 5.1

NET YARDS PASSING 199 319

Completions-Attempts 18-28 22-35

Yards Per Pass Play 7.1 9.1

Times Sacked 2 2

Yards Lost to Sacks 9 18

Had Intercepted 0 1

PUNTS 7 4

Average Punt 43.1 52.0

PENALTIES 3 5

Penalty Yards 20 35 FUMBLES 0 3

Fumbles Lost 0 1

Recap against :lsu:

Rushing UAT: 20 AU: 97

Rush Average UAT: .6 AU: 2.6

Passing against :lsu:

Pass Attempts UAT: 14-40 AU: 18-28

Completion Percentage UAT: .350 AU: .640 Folks, almost double!!!

Turnovers by LSU

UAT: 4 AU: 2

Penalties by LSU

UAT: 132 AU: 35 Alabama benefitted by almost 100 yards!!!

Unbelievable! My first thought after the game was that it was like two guys running the hundred yard dash. One guy gives the other guy a fifty yard head start, and still wins. Now the little whiney loser brags about it being a close race. LSU tried everything they could to give this game to UA and they weren't good enough to take it. Its amazing what these bammers see. I saw a team that had no business on the field with LSU. If Auburn plays HALF as good as they did against LSU, the bammer fans will be heading out of town by halftime.

There is no moral victory for Bama. They played the best game they have played all year. LSU played the WORST game they have played in years. Bama still wasn't good enough to win.

That may be the best analogy I have read in years. I think I'll use it in church today when my Bama friends want to talk about the game. I'll report back on the reaction I get.

Archived