time for a new QB?

TigerHeat

If you bammers think your QB going 14-40 is getting the job done, then these last 5 years has really lowered your standards after all hasn't it?

Think about it, your team team scored 34 points with your QB going 14-40. What does that tell you about LSU's performance? Given all of LSU's penalties and other screw ups, I would say LSU won despite themselves.

FYI..those 3 TD passes are part of those 14 completions and he may have a couple of nice long passes, but what about the 26 incompletions? You aren't worried that your QB only completed 35% of his passes when he put it up 40 times? You aren't worried that your QB had to throw the ball 40 times? I guess beggars can't be choosers these days huh?

Your last statement says it all.

You think those Bama teams from back in the day would consider giving up 41 points, going 14-40 in the air, 20 yards rushing, and not capitalizing on 159 free yards a great performance? The Bammers can't see it, but they've stooped lower than Ole Miss. Even Ole Miss would understand how terrible they played.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't bring it up in the first place. But just because Sarah Jessica Parker Wilson has been on his back more times than an Asian hooker doesn't mean he is a tougher QB than Brandon Cox. If anything, I'd say that he's a nancy boy because he can't figure out a way to get out of a sack.

Brandon Cox is one of the toughest quarterbacks I've ever seen - college or NFL.

I didn't say that Wilson is tougher because he is hit more. I said he is tougher because he is hit more AND hasn't missed a snap.

I didn't bring it up in the first place. But just because Sarah Jessica Parker Wilson has been on his back more times than an Asian hooker doesn't mean he is a tougher QB than Brandon Cox. If anything, I'd say that he's a nancy boy because he can't figure out a way to get out of a sack.

Brandon Cox is one of the toughest quarterbacks I've ever seen - college or NFL.

I didn't say that Wilson is tougher because he is hit more. I said he is tougher because he is hit more AND hasn't missed a snap.

Good reasoning.

You know, I played four years of high school football and never missed a snap due to an injury or getting hurt in any form. Therefore, according to your logic, I am tougher than almost every single NFL player. Let's put this conversation on hold while I go mingle with the ladies.

Good reasoning.

You know, I played four years of high school football and never missed a snap due to an injury or getting hurt in any form. Therefore, according to your logic, I am tougher than almost every single NFL player. Let's put this conversation on hold while I go mingle with the ladies.

Are you really trying to compare highschool football to the NFL?? Bit of a reach don't you think?

Anywho. Go mingle with the ladies. This conversation is a waste of time anyway.

Good reasoning.

Are you really trying to compare highschool football to the NFL?? Bit of a reach don't you think?

Anywho. Go mingle with the ladies. This conversation is a waste of time anyway.

Wow, are you serious?

Sorry, for those who scored low on their standardized tests: my last reply was suppose to be read as :drippingsarcasm7pa:

Bama's QB coughs up yet another critical fumble....leading to seven points. <Cue machinery from BG>

Peyton Manning one of the great QBs of our time did the same thing today in the 4th qtr against NE. Bama needs a Running game to help keep them out of them situations.

Wow, are you serious?

Sorry, for those who scored low on their standardized tests: my last reply was suppose to be read as :drippingsarcasm7pa:

My apologies. You've added a different element to your argument on every post you made in this thread. Surely you can see how I could have taken that seriously. Especially with your "Good reasoning" comment.

Ladies didn't want to mingle?

Wow, are you serious?

My apologies. You've added a different element to your argument on every post you made in this thread. Surely you can see how I could have taken that seriously. Especially with your "Good reasoning" comment.

Ladies didn't want to mingle?

I figured me even bringing up high school football would have been an indicator of sarcasm. My apologies.

Seriously, you really think that because JPW has never been knocked out of a game and Cox has once, that proves that JPW is a tougher QB than Cox? That's the weakest statement I think I've read on this message board in the year I've been part of it.

I figured me even bringing up high school football would have been an indicator of sarcasm. My apologies.

Normally when someone makes a post containing "Good reasoning" and "according to your logic" they are trying to attack someone's reasoning and logic.

Seriously, you really think that because JPW has never been knocked out of a game and Cox has once, that proves that JPW is a tougher QB than Cox?

Pretty much....yeah. Maybe I should have said JPW hasn't ever missed a snap because of an injury in the last two years. Not just this season. What about last season?

I've already said it once and I'll say it again. If there is a Nancy boy with the two, it's not JPW.

That's the weakest statement I think I've read on this message board in the year I've been part of it.
You must have missed the statement that started this entire waste of bandwidth.

If you bammers think your QB going 14-40 is getting the job done, then these last 5 years has really lowered your standards after all hasn't it?

Think about it, your team team scored 34 points with your QB going 14-40. What does that tell you about LSU's performance? Given all of LSU's penalties and other screw ups, I would say LSU won despite themselves.

FYI..those 3 TD passes are part of those 14 completions and he may have a couple of nice long passes, but what about the 26 incompletions? You aren't worried that your QB only completed 35% of his passes when he put it up 40 times? You aren't worried that your QB had to throw the ball 40 times? I guess beggars can't be choosers these days huh?

Because, again, 14-40 wasn't the only story. Almost every attempt was quite vertical. We didn't run a dink and dunk offense yesterday. And we scored more than enough to win the game. Our defense gave up too many points.

At least 8 of those 26 were throw aways because JPW was about to get sacked, or everyone was covered. We also played from behind at one point with a 14 point defecit. And then had back to back "two minute" type series where we had to throw the ball on pretty much every down. At one point in the 4th quarter, he was something like 12/28. Which still isn't great, but considering he was running for his life most of the day (thanks to Caldwell's absence), it wasn't bad either. We couldn't run block saturday. And it hurt the passing game.

But when JPW completed passes, they changed field position. I think something like 6 of his completions went for over 20 yards. And he had one 41 yarder called back that was a catch. And an AMAZING throw on the run I might add.

Say what you want about 14-40. And if you think the numbers are all that tells the story about his day, fine. I'll take a 67 yarder, a 31 yarder, and a 14 yarder with an 8 man blitz coming in his face...where he made a perfect checkdown and subsequent read.

You score 34 points, your QB play is good enough for a win. I don't care what the percentages are.

Maybe its just me, but I think there's something to be said for a QB that can protect the ball when he gets sacked. I dont know where you find the stats on individual fumbles, but I can really only remember one fumble lost by Cox on a hit (in 2005 GT first game). I know of at least 3 big ones by JPW right now. I think in the big games protecting the ball is extremely important. Now you may point to the high number of Cox's interceptions in a few games, but even with those he has been very good at protecting the ball in big games.

Maybe its just me, but I think there's something to be said for a QB that can protect the ball when he gets sacked. I dont know where you find the stats on individual fumbles, but I can really only remember one fumble lost by Cox on a hit (in 2005 GT first game). I know of at least 3 big ones by JPW right now. I think in the big games protecting the ball is extremely important. Now you may point to the high number of Cox's interceptions in a few games, but even with those he has been very good at protecting the ball in big games.

I do wish JP had tucked the ball against FSU and LSU. Those two fumbles killed our chances to win both games. I agree with that. You have to look at the overall numbers though when talking about a QB protecting the ball. JP has already thrown the ball 339 times this year compared to 225 for Cox. You guys have a better running game and don't have to rely on passing as much as we do. Even though JP has 114 more attempts than BC, he only has 6 interceptions while Cox has 7. You can't just go on "Big" games either. I agree that FSU and LSU were big games for Bama, but Cox threw an INT for a touchdown against Miss St. That wasn't considered a "Big game" then but it's apparent that it is seriously hurting AU's chances in the west right now.

I'll tell you what we need... some new runningbacks. We have no ground game whatsoever and it's putting an immense amount of pressure on John Parker and the receivers. If we didn't have grade A receivers, this would be a duplicate of the 2005 offense.

Terry Grant this, Terry Grant that. When our staff inserts Jonathan Lowe, a player who hasn't taken a snap at RB the entire year, you know they have little faith. Before anybody refutes this, know that I was given this info by someone who has a spot on our sidelines, and it ain't holding a camera and tripod.

I'll put it this way, who would Tuberville and Gran want out of Alabama's backfield? I think Upchurch would be a nice addition, despite his lack of carries. Jimmy Johns would receive strong consideration. But there's no way your staff would clamor over Grant or Coffee like I've heard so many Alabama fans do. They're mediocre 'backs and that's fairly obvious.

I want a a Fannin that holds on to the ball. I'll put it like that.

I want a a Fannin that holds on to the ball. I'll put it like that.

haha, I think everyone wants that, including us. You might have better luck trying to take the ball away from him than tackling him.

Is this supposed to be like a rhetorical question? because honestly I dont know how many times JPW has left the game, I dont watch every minute of every game of UAT football.

Brandy Cox has been sticking it to your team for the last 2 years.

Zero. That is the answer. JPW has left zero games due to injuries.

Regardless of who Cox has been sticking, he is a much more feeble QB than JPW.

Cox left the game because he was bleeding from an illegal hit. The trainers are required to stop him from bleeding all over everyone. It is for the opponents' safety too. He also has a serios immune disease that none of us could live regular lives with, yet he is out there getting hit, which makes the effects of his disease worse. There is no questioning his toughness. There is not a quarterback who compares. A far second might have been Leftwich when his linemen carried him down the field after a long completion in a game he had no business finishing. JPW is a little girl next to Cox, PERIOD.

In all fairness, neither one is a little girl.

Cox has got a helluva lot of heart and I respect him for that. He's shows the effort that you wish everyone could show. And I think JPW does, too. I'm surprised he was able to take another step after Landry's hit last year, much less not miss a single play.

If I go by Argo's reasoning....

Cox gets sacked 2 times, but one time he gets hit by 3 guys at once and lands wrong on his arm. He has to miss a play.

Wilson gets sacked 6 times, but all 6 sacks were nothing other than a basic tackle if nothing less. Wilson never misses a play.

So does that make Cox a nancy boy? You can say that Cox is a nancy boy all you want, but he could barely run last season and took Auburn to 11-2, with a win over the almighty University of Alabama at Tuscaloosa and JPW.

I do wish JP had tucked the ball against FSU and LSU. Those two fumbles killed our chances to win both games. I agree with that. You have to look at the overall numbers though when talking about a QB protecting the ball. JP has already thrown the ball 339 times this year compared to 225 for Cox. You guys have a better running game and don't have to rely on passing as much as we do. Even though JP has 114 more attempts than BC, he only has 6 interceptions while Cox has 7. You can't just go on "Big" games either. I agree that FSU and LSU were big games for Bama, but Cox threw an INT for a touchdown against Miss St. That wasn't considered a "Big game" then but it's apparent that it is seriously hurting AU's chances in the west right now.

Don't forget he coughed up two fumbles for points in the 06 iron bowl....

Don't forget he coughed up two fumbles for points in the 06 iron bowl....

I thought those were more on Chris Capps than JPW. I thought the fumble saturday was on JPW.

You know his performance in that game can't just be summed up with 14-40.

You're right, there's a fumble in there too. :poke:

And an interception......

In addition to his 3 touchdowns. I'd take a 3/1 TD to INT ratio all day long.

Well you had to figure that something good had to happen when you throw the ball 40 times.......

i just feel like what really hurt you in the loss was not being able to run the ball, hard to keep a defense honest that way.

Well you had to figure that something good had to happen when you throw the ball 40 times.......

i just feel like what really hurt you in the loss was not being able to run the ball, hard to keep a defense honest that way.

true, but their running game wasn't much better. if you look at the actual rushing stats and minus the sacks, the rushing was about the same for us and LSU both (LSU had 34 carries for 87 yards). neither team could really get the running game going, but LSU has the defense to defend a very pass happy attack. we're not as well suited for that i don't think. i'm surprised at how much we've stopped the run compared to earlier in the season. we have the 4th ranked rushing defense in the SEC....and thats not bad.

true, but their running game wasn't much better. if you look at the actual rushing stats and minus the sacks, the rushing was about the same for us and LSU both (LSU had 34 carries for 87 yards). neither team could really get the running game going, but LSU has the defense to defend a very pass happy attack. we're not as well suited for that i don't think. i'm surprised at how much we've stopped the run compared to earlier in the season. we have the 4th ranked rushing defense in the SEC....and thats not bad.

I agree, considering that this is smashmouth football territory and we have been known for our method of football - "run, run, run -punt"

I don't know who SHOULD play quarterback for UAT..I'm not a coach.

I know I WANT Sarah Jessica playing in the Iron Bowl--after seeing the way LSU treated him, I think Groves, Coleman, Marks, Blackmon, et al, might be able to top the 11 Brodie sacks of 2005!

Do whatever it takes to cover DJ Hall and Bama has no offense...I imagine Muschamp will be working on that problem from now 'til then. [How's DJ fixed for textbooks these days? :big: ]

Archived