worst fans in the SEC belong to.....

WDE1313

Worst SEC fanbase  

129 members have voted

1. 1. I have heard a lot of people comment on UGA's level of class, and I want to know who do you guys think is the worst on the basis of class in the SEC?

• Bammer
    • Auburn
    • Arkansas
    • Tenn
    • Vandy
    • LSU
    • S. Carolina
    • UGA
    • UF
    • Ole Miss
    • Miss State
    • UK

I don't know... that's a tough one... Saturday in :uga: with the ThUGAs was pretty bad. But I also have colorful memories of grown men wearing :ua: shirts that felt they needed to prove their (lack of) intelligence and (lack of) class when Auburn played Bama in "neutral" territory (ha!) aka B'ham.

:lsu: would have to be one of the top three too. And in case y'all missed it -- one of their wonderful fans wrote this article about....us!! Funniest thing you'll ever read!!LSU article

I don't know... that's a tough one... Saturday in :uga: with the ThUGAs was pretty bad. But I also have colorful memories of grown men wearing :ua: shirts that felt they needed to prove their (lack of) intelligence and (lack of) class when Auburn played Bama in "neutral" territory (ha!) aka B'ham.

:lsu: would have to be one of the top three too. And in case y'all missed it -- one of their wonderful fans wrote this article about....us!! Funniest thing you'll ever read!!LSU article

I grew up hearing horror stories of LSU fans all my life but after being around them 4 times in the last two years I have to say I have really gained a liking for the LSU fans that attend the games(granted the internet LSU fans suck). From what I gathered LSU fans are no worse than any other SEC fanbase.

Hands down it has to be Vandy. Their vicious taunting about grades, pushing copies of their SAT scores in your face, asking you if you one train leaves Los Angeles at 11:00 traveling at 40 mph and a train leaves New York at the same time and speed where will they meet? Pouring distilled water from the chemistry lab all over you......I just hate them.

Here's some of the many positive post about LSU fans from AU fans after this years game in Baton Rouge. Compare these to all the negative post regarding UGA fans this year and yet LSU is still #1 in this poll by a large margin. Goes to show you that those that witnessed firsthand the reality of LSU fans had mostly good things to say but those that use the internet to gather their impressions are being misled.

"I've made four trips to Baton Rouge and their fans treated us better on this trip than any other."

"I was at the game and for the most part i was impressed with the LSU fans."

"I was at the game and all of us commented on what a great atmosphere there was in Baton Rouge for this game. Other than a few Tiger Bait comments, it was a great time. After the game, I had more than a few LSU fans go out of there way to tell me what a great game it was and what a good team we have."

"I was also at the game and i had more people go out of their way to make sure that i felt like a welcomed guest i've been to games at 5 SEC schools and this weekend was by far the best trip i've had."

"I was in Baton Rouge for the game and didn't have one problem. I was asked numerous times if I wanted something to eat and was treated great."

"I was very impressed with the fans this time around. We had a lot of people telling us good game afterwards."

LSU fans have the worst reputation, but in my personal experience, I'd have to say Tennessee fans have been the worst, with Bama a close second. I have never had any real trouble w/ anybody, but with those two teams there are always some comments and an overall nasty "vibe".

I have been to Florida, Georgia and SC and been treated fine. I'm supposed to make my first trip to Death Valley in 2009, so I should get to see that first-hand.

LSU fans have the worst reputation, but in my personal experience, I'd have to say Tennessee fans have been the worst, with Bama a close second. I have never had any real trouble w/ anybody, but with those two teams there are always some comments and an overall nasty "vibe".

I have been to Florida, Georgia and SC and been treated fine. I'm supposed to make my first trip to Death Valley in 2009, so I should get to see that first-hand.

Funny, I have never had trouble at a UT game. Usually, all we do is talk about how much we hate Bama.

Funny, I have never had trouble at a UT game. Usually, all we do is talk about how much we hate Bama.

When I was a kid my grandfather was a big Bama fan and I went to a few games with him, including a Tennessee-Bama game, and their fans were absolute jerks. I was there in neutral clothing and I clearly remember being heckled by grown men. I was like twelve years old.

Auburn and Tenn didn't play while I was in school (1993-97), maybe if I went to an Auburn-Tenn game I would change my opinion, but like I said, I've been to several other campuses and never really been treated badly, but they were jackasses when I ran into them.

Hands down it has to be Vandy. Their vicious taunting about grades, pushing copies of their SAT scores in your face, asking you if you one train leaves Los Angeles at 11:00 traveling at 40 mph and a train leaves New York at the same time and speed where will they meet? Pouring distilled water from the chemistry lab all over you......I just hate them.

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

My vote want against Bammer, but only because Ga. Tech is no longer in the SEC. It used to be HELL going to the Tech game in Atlanta and walking through their campus. Gross, crude, arrogant and a bunch of crybabies to boot. Hate 'dem bugs!

When I was a kid my grandfather was a big Bama fan and I went to a few games with him, including a Tennessee-Bama game, and their fans were absolute jerks. I was there in neutral clothing and I clearly remember being heckled by grown men. I was like twelve years old.

Auburn and Tenn didn't play while I was in school (1993-97), maybe if I went to an Auburn-Tenn game I would change my opinion, but like I said, I've been to several other campuses and never really been treated badly, but they were jackasses when I ran into them.

I was hit in the stomach with an almost full opened can of beer by a UT fan when I was a small child. I think it was 1984 but it may have been 1982. It didn’t hurt me but I had to go the rest of the day smelling like beer. Also on my only trip to Knoxville in 1991 my brother almost came to blows with a UT fan.

It’s really hard for me to say which are the worse fans. I have had negative experiences with just about all of the fan bases. However the fans I dislike the most have to be the bammers because they are the ones I have to constantly deal with. With the other schools I deal with them on game day and then they and I go home. I have to deal with the bammer fans every day.

The question didn't specify "on game day". Others may be just as bad on the day of the game, but IMHO no one tops the arrogance, "red-neckedness", questionable style choices, and coach worship (old & new) of the average in-your-face-24/7/365 Bama fan.

that is the common theme throughout the SEC

Apparently you people have never been around Fla fans.

i didn't really have any problems iwth them down there except when i made fun of their jorts, and the common theme with EVERY away stadium i've been to is how much they all HATE bama and want us to beat them

We have worse fans than LSU?

Some of you have obviously never been to a game involving LSU. They're total dicks.

I can't believe I'm siding with a Bammer here, but he's right. Seriously guys, Bama? I've been to two Iron Bowls in UAT and even though this is supposed to be the nation's best and most heated rivalry, I have been treated better there than at any other campus except Auburn.

Some of you have obviously never been to a game involving LSU. They're total dicks.

I go to school there and will say Bammer fans are 10X as classless than LSU fans.

You can atleast have fun with LSU fans before the game but bammers look down their noses at AU fans before, during, and after the game.

Kind of funny about this subject today. I had a rep come into my office today,(big GA fan), trying to get me to discuss the game, I didn't feel like arguing with him. But just as he headed out the door, he said he hoped we beat BAMA next weekend, because they had the most classless fans. Spoke of how they threw cups and stuff at the players at the end of the game. Man i sure wanted to ask him if he even went to the GA game and where was he while the band and everyone else was being hit with footballs.

All I can say if it is Ga against LSU in the SEC playoff, I will be yelling for Tigers. :cheer:

I go to school there and will say Bammer fans are 10X as classless than LSU fans.

You can atleast have fun with LSU fans before the game but bammers look down their noses at AU fans before, during, and after the game.

That's how we were raised.

Regardless of what the scoreboard says at the end of the game, Alabama people are always going to look down on what they see as the Auburn stepchild. Is it justified? Perhaps not, but that doesn't change that fact of life.

You can't have fun with Tide fans? That's strange. Tell me you don't enjoy yourself on the Strip, assuming that you go. I know I'll be living it up in Auburn when I'm down there in two weeks. If you're not having a good time, you're either hanging around the wrong crowd or taking things too personal. Remember, neither Auburn or Alabama signs our checks...

With that said, you'll never see Alabama fans getting in your face as you exit your own stadium, leaving mounds and mounds of trash on the ground, or pulling campus statues down. LSU fans have PhD's in that type of immature bull**** and they prove it each time they show up.

Go Sox, huh?

Regardless of what the scoreboard says at the end of the game, Alabama people are always going to look down on what they see as the Auburn stepchild. Is it justified? Perhaps not, but that doesn't change that fact of life.

You can't have fun with Tide fans? That's strange. Tell me you don't enjoy yourself on the Strip, assuming that you go. I know I'll be living it up in Auburn when I'm down there in two weeks. If you're not having a good time, you're either hanging around the wrong crowd or taking things too personal. Remember, neither Auburn or Alabama signs our checks...

With that said, you'll never see Alabama fans getting in your face as you exit your own stadium, leaving mounds and mounds of trash on the ground, or pulling campus statues down. LSU fans have PhD's in that type of immature bull**** and they prove it each time they show up.

Go Sox, huh?

Bammers are raised to be arrogant, self righteous, Holier than Thou, and rude?

Go Sox, huh?

Arrogance? Certainly. I don't think that's always such a bad thing, though. Arrogance, in any situation, is bred from accomplishment. You guys haven't necessarily been above being arrogant for the past 5 years. Nothing wrong with that...

I do take issue with the idea that Alabama is rude, however. The people you sit in classes with everyday, are they rude? I've got two classes that have an Auburn fan in them, and I've never heard the first rude comment directed at them or their allegiance.

Again, I just think you're taking things entirely too personal.

Go Sox, huh?

Arrogance? Certainly. I don't think that's always such a bad thing, though. Arrogance, in any situation, is bred from accomplishment. You guys haven't necessarily been above being arrogant for the past 5 years. Nothing wrong with that...

I do take issue with the idea that Alabama is rude, however. The people you sit in classes with everyday, are they rude? I've got two classes that have an Auburn fan in them, and I've never heard the first rude comment directed at them or their allegiance.

Again, I just think you're taking things entirely too personal.

I have been on the strip with my hat on and have almost been accosted because of it(UAPD are some of the best), I have been spit on by a pretentious dark pink princess because she didn't like my polo after the uat/AU basketball game last year, some jackass frat brat thought it would be a good idea to approach my GF during the IB and tell her how F&^% stupid she was because she had on a Lester jersey(did not end well), and right before this season began I was called out and told to shove my thumb up my arse while attempting to eat at a Burke dining hall.

These things do not bother me at all but for someone to try and tell me that the dark pink nation is lightyears above everyone in the classy category is beyond ridiculous and borderline stupid. I'm not saying every bammer is classless and rude but many are(90% greek), and if I had to rank the top 5 worst SEC fanbases, worst being first, this is what it would look like(I have been around every fanbase atleast once):

1.Ole Miss

2. S. Carolina

3. UAT

4. UF

5.LSU

Archived