Saban Vs. Dubberly

AUChizad

I haven't seen this Saban meltdown discussed here yet.

What were the details? All I know is Dubberly was verbally assaulted by Saban during a presser. I guess it's about as newsworthy as the sun coming up at this point, but just wanted some details.

Is this what you're looking for, or is this a fresh new instances of Saban being a colossal ass?

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=42786

I remember reading that, but they've been talking about it these last couple of days on the radio, so I thought it must have happened since the MSU game.

If not, then nuke this thread.

By the way, who is Dubberly?

Mike Dubberly

It was definitely involving this guy so it must have been a different instance. They've been talking about it all week on the radio, I can't believe no one knows what I'm talking about.

Guest Tigrinum Major

I heard about it. In fact, I heard the audio, but I cannot remember the details. Dubberly asked something about something and Saban thought it was beneath him to answer such a dumb question. It was like deja vu' all over again.

I really don't remember the details, but it was very similiar to the other incident as far as tone and content.

I can only find where they are talking about it on TigerDroppings.

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/Message...022931&Pg=8

What a prick. Can't believe he jumped on the guy for asking if Saban would get a chance to play some of his backups against ULM.

He got pissed for that?!?

Saban is coming unglued.

The newsman, Dubberly, that he jumped on is about 5"1', he is practically a dwarf. You would think that Saban would stick up for one of his own.

Guest Tigrinum Major

That's it. Dubberly asked if Saban planned on playing some subs or certain subs against ULM and Saban went off about how he was trying to win the game and he wasn't taking anything for granted and on and on and on.

And apparently Dubberly cowered in response. The Round Table was doing Cheesey movie trivia and the movie was Uncle Buck. They played the clip where he is on the phone and you only hear his side in his high-pitched squeal response to the woman bitching at him "But you...Just let...Can I...But I...Just a...Can't...Don't...But...Justa...", and Rockstar commented that it sounded like Mike Dubberly at a press conferense.

From TideFans.com

I'm tired of all this junk about the media. It wouldn't take much to put Saban in a position that he either HAD to answer the question OR he'd look like he was obviously avoiding the subject. We fans have questions that we want answers to. The media wants those answers as well. Unfortunately, media members are so lazy or so poorly trained that they cannot craft appropriate questions. Rather than have lengthy lead-ins to questions, they need to craft a concise, intelligent question that has little wiggle room.

When Saban jumped on Dubberly yesterday, I wasn't angry at Saban. I was angry at Dubberly for not being direct and for not pursuing the question -- for folding up like a cheap lawn chair when Saban jumped on him.

There are few reporters in Alabama who are worth a dime when it comes to knowing their business. Most are boot lickers or are antagonists, not true journalists. Every reporter wants to be a columnist, so we have many bad columnists and few good reporters.

I don't relish the way Saban jumps on reporters, because I'd like to be informed when I read an article or watch TV; instead, I'm disgusted by their lack of ability to stand up to the man and ask him a good, intelligent question.

Caveat: Sometimes, there's just not that many good, intelligent questions to be asked. In those situations, I'd prefer to get a press release and a report of what happened (i.e., Bama practiced in full pads, Bama worked in shorts and helmets, etc) and let it go at that.

Wow, Bama fans are blind as hell until they are losing enough to hate their coaches. Its almost comical.

I would have assumed not beating MSU, the team that got Shula fired, would have brought a meltdown. Instead they are just shrugging and thinking it will be okay.

If I paid super coach to come in I would expect him to at least beat the team that got the previous coach fired. The one celebrating its bowl eligibility for the first time in a few years.

Auburn fans don't even understand the mental concept of not being bowl eligible and were furious to lose to MSU.

I just don't get it.

Its like being a Bama fan is a mental disorder or something.

I heard the tape too and it was exactly as TMajor said. Dubberly was just asking a standard question that would be asked in any press conference before playing a high school. He was asking if there were plans to get some backups in and the prick with ears, cut him off and belittled the crap out of him. Guess what, CTT was asked the same thing and talked about getting some young guys in during the Tenn. Tech game. Answer was pretty much along the lines of "Yes, we're going to try and get Kodi inand let him run the offense etc."

PWE (Prick with ears) could have said something along the lines of..."We'd like to if we play well enough to get a lead"......"We'd sure like the opportunity to do that and give some guys that are banged up some rest"....whatever. But no. PWE went off on a tirade about how he sucks at charades and he doesn't play charades but his wife is good at charades.

He's a jerk with the personality of a butt-pimple.

Weren't Bama fans excited about this? I thought the "I don't take crap from nobody" attitude was what they wanted.

So what you are saying is that $aban has no people skills?

Engineers have no people skills. That's why I am here to take the paperwork to the customer.

I have people skills G** D*****!

I just don't get it.

To the contray, you DO get it. You hit the old nail on the head.

uat= :om:

Just goes to show that no matter how much money you have, it does not buy happiness. Has anyone ever seen the man happy? He seems to live a miserable life.

So what you are saying is that $aban has no people skills?

Engineers have no people skills. That's why I am here to take the paperwork to the customer.

I have people skills G** D*****!

Umm... Yeah....

sabanofficespace.jpg

Guest BoStillKnows

Dubberly started out by saying something like "I need to be careful how I word this question" and Saban jumped on him and said something like "Why do you have to be careful? Are you afraid you're going to make me mad?" He beat that drum for a little while.

A little later he attacked Dubberly for the type of question he was asking. It was pretty funny when Saban said "I'm not very good a charades. My wife is good at charades but I'm not". What a crock.

Saban attacked Barry Krause for making a mistake when he was asking a question as Saban was heading to the locker romm at halftime of the MSU game. He must not know or care the Bammers revere Krause.

Sometimes the press deserves what it gets but Saban is just an :moon:

We have no prob with Nick, just like you guys have no prob with Tubby not saying he isn't going anywhere.

We already know this. You'd sell your first born and your left nut to win so you certainly don't care if he treats everyone in the media as beneath him and worthy of his contempt.

We have no prob with Nick, just like you guys have no prob with Tubby not saying he isn't going anywhere.

right on queue, a bammer with a totally irrelevant post.

Guest BoStillKnows

I have a Bammer friend who was praising Saban for being so "direct" with the press and saying what he really thinks.

I listened to it for way too long and finally asked him "Didn't you despise Steve Spurrier for being frankly honest when he was at Florida?"

The look on his face reminded me of a nine year old who dropped his bag of Halloween candy in a mud puddle.

The conversation shifted to the NFL :roflol:

Wow, Bama fans are blind as hell until they are losing enough to hate their coaches. Its almost comical.

I would have assumed not beating MSU, the team that got Shula fired, would have brought a meltdown. Instead they are just shrugging and thinking it will be okay.

If I paid super coach to come in I would expect him to at least beat the team that got the previous coach fired. The one celebrating its bowl eligibility for the first time in a few years.

Auburn fans don't even understand the mental concept of not being bowl eligible and were furious to lose to MSU.

I just don't get it.

By George, I think he's got it!

That's got to be the dumbest ass post I've seen in a while. Your coach is a turd. He has the social skills of an enema bag.

"We don't care. He's a football coach. That's what we harred him ta' do"

Coach Saban, since you're playing a 4A high school this Saturday, do you foresee getting some younger guys into...

"Shut the %$#& up you stupid %&*(&%$ piece of rancid $h*&. How dare you have the gall to %$#&*^% ask me a stupid ^%$#@&* question like that, you stupid %$#@!!!!!!"

Archived