Bama Discipline

nimsjus

Saban just sent DJ Hall into the game even though he was suspended for "undisclosed violation of team rules". I guess losing to Directional Louisiana is more embarrassing than holding to your guns. Why bother suspending people. I guess they figured they could win without him so it was ok to suspend him this week. Now that the game is on the line, get him in the game. Pathetic!

What did he do?

Anyone know?

Here was Bama's press release before the game about it. Kinda funny now.

Link

No DJ Hall, Johns starts at RB

Posted by Dennis Pillion November 17, 2007 1:36 PM

Two big surprises as Alabama takes the field against La.-Monroe.

First, DJ Hall will not play due to what is being called a "violation of team rules." The Tide will likely be fine without Hall against ULM, but it must be disappointing for him to miss senior day. Note to Alabama players: Follow team (Saban's) rules. Seriously.

Second, Jimmy Johns took the first snap at tailback, and rushed for 6 yards. Saban said Johns might get some carries today after a good week in practice. Looks like the talented smash-mouth back from Mississippi might finally be getting on Saban's good side.

Also, the five textbook kids have officially been reinstated for NEXT WEEK's game against Auburn. Here's the text of the UA release:

ALABAMA ATHLETIC MEDIA RELATIONS

Birmingham sports is reporting that DJ Hall did not start because he violated team policy. They have not addressed the supposed game suspension. They are also reporting the "Textbook" five will play against Auburn.

I wonder why sabanbeargod had to put him in at all. Hasn't the tide had the best recruiting class in the nation for the last 10 years ? After all, their third team players would all be starting at any SEC school, wouldn't they ?

reporter- "Going into the game was DJs suspension for half a game or did that change mid-way through?"

Saban- "It was...what it was."

reporter- "Half a game?"

Saban- "What is was..."

http://www.myfoxal.com/myfox/MyFox/pages/s...mp;locale=EN-US

(by the way, that quote is found just before the midway point)

All the Bama blogs on AL.com are now reporting it was just a half game suspension all along... What the hell does a 1/2 game suspension do? It is not punishment to sit out 2 quarters of a game. Espeically not one that ended up tied at halftime. Tray sat six games for violating an undisclosed team rule. DJ Hall sits out for 30 minutes. Worst part of all is that Saban won't address the situation but the media is to scared to question his authority. Best belive if Tray had played in the 5th game instead of the 6th game he was suspended, all hell would have broken loose in the media against Tubs.

All the Bama blogs on AL.com are now reporting it was just a half game suspension all along

Whitewashing horse....um.....feathers. The reporters must not want to lose their jobs.

Saban - Shula, seems like the same person is still there just shorter and making a heck of a lot more money doing the same things. That suspension is almost as bad as giving one of my students detention and then letting him leave when he gets there. Does no good!

The replay is on the University-owned TV station right now. They'll show it three or four times over the next few days.

They've said five or six times that DJ Hall is "suspended for today's game". Right at this moment, it's 5:00 left in the first half. The crowd is already booing. I'm curious to see what the announcers say when Hall comes off the bench. Eli and Kenny never really addressed it during the game. Eli actually seemed embarassed about the situation.

I just saw the score on ESPN so of course I had to come here.

The Hall situation is just one more reason why the turds will continue to try to play catch-up with us. No, I'm not talking football records (although it does translate into more wins over all). As much as they like to talk about being the main university in the state, as long as they continue their ways, they will continue to be a second tier school in the state. More power to them!

Again..

It's great to be an Auburn Tiger!

Everyone knows this kind of action builds character, just bad character. It's kind of like punishing your child for a wrong and later allowing them to forgo the punishment or removing it after a shorter period than what was intially required.

Everyone knows this kind of action builds character, just bad character.

I agree completely, where did these Bama coaches learn to coach?

Naturally, I never played football, but I had friends on football teams, and my daughters had friends

who played and it was ALWAYS about learning the rules of the game and abiding

by the rules of the team and the coaches. If players are allowed to run around without

rules and discipline, then why have a coach at all? Much less one costing you

$32 MILLION over 4 or 5 years?

People can say what they want (and will) about CTT, but noone can honestly fault him

on discipline issues!

I would be ashamed of my coach who put a suspended player in JUST because we were losing

to a 2nd. tier team, certainly not making excuses for him!

Well, I've had my rant, back to chuckling over ULM'S WIN!!!

:cheer::au::cheer:

WAR EAGLE! BEAT BAMA!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy

Psychopathy is defined in psychiatry and clinical psychology as a condition characterized by lack of empathy or conscience, and poor impulse control or manipulative behaviors.

The manipulative skills of some of the others are valued for providing audacious leadership. Some have argued that psychopathy is adaptive in a highly competitive environment, because it gets results for both the individual and the corporations or, often small political sects that they represent. However, these individuals will often cause long-term harm, both to their co-workers and the organization as a whole, due their manipulative, deceitful, abusive, and often fraudulent behaviour.

:o

This comment from the mouth of Saban himself seems a little strange to me:

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/mobilere...&thispage=3

Leading receiver DJ Hall was suspended for the first half for an undisclosed rules violation that "warranted at least what was given," Saban said.
What does "at least" mean? Perhaps that Hall's offense warranted more, but Nick settled for half a game when the chips were down? Or that Saban doesn't have a rigid discipline plan or policy, but hands out punishments by the seat of his pants? Or that he believes in minimal punishment--the "least" he can give and get away with?

....Just seems like a weird, inappropriate phrase to use when talking about disciline.

Absolutely unbelievable that he'd let the guy play when he realized it was actually going to be a game. That may be the worst thing I've ever seen a coach do.

How can you lead a team when the Players and Captains know they cannot take you at your word. Of course this begs the question: "How can anyone trust Saban's word on anything?"

In another post somewhere on the board, a bama poster on another forum says he was suspended for arguing with JPW and Saban backed the wrong guy.

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=43113

The team really was down when DJ was suspended for a clash with Saban this week at practice. Apparently DJ was all over JPW for poor throws at practice and the two had an altercation. Players say Saban took sides and backed jpw. Many on the team saw this as another Saban bias against certain players.

I hate that the UAT media just allows him a pass on this. Nobody even questioned him. Saban came out with that statement on his own saying" I know you guys are going to ask me about DJ Hall..." and then followed with the statement quted above. When Tubs suspended Tray and Lester over the past couple of seasons it was front page news every day for 6 weeks. Can you even imagine if Tubs would have lifted Tray's suspension one game early, even though he had already sat out half the season? He would have been crucified in the media as being "soft on discipline" even though a 5 game suspension may have been considered over the top by many people. Saban tells everyone in Bama's SID that it is a one game suspension. They report that info to the media. He plays DJ after halftime because they are lsoing. He comes to the presser and says that DJ deserved at least what "we saw" and nobody bothers with a follow up question? Nobody writes an opinion piece in any of the state sport pages (not to mention it was a slow sports saturday with no AU game)? How much time will baldie dedicate to this issue on Monday's show? What the hell is wrong with the journalist in this state? The guy trash talks, threatens, mocks, and belittles them at every press conference and none of them want to take advantage of an opportunity to sstick it back to him just a little bit?

National media calls it like it was...

The SEC's leading receiver, DJ Hall, was suspended for a violation of team rules but played in the second half with Alabama desperately needing a spark. Dangerous punt returner Javier Arenas left with a high ankle sprain.

Saban wouldn't say if Hall's suspension had initially been for a half or the game.

"It was what it was," he said.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId...3&confId=80

They make it sound more like it really happened. He was suspended, but played because they needed a spark, rather than "oh it might have just been a half game suspension, if Saban says it then I just take his word for it because it is the word of god" BS media we get here in this state.

Archived