Of all the journalist to question Saban's discipline...

nimsjus

I realize it is all in the name of sensationalism(sp?) becuase he has to rile people up, but the Fbomb is the first person to say what I was thinking all day Saturday.

It wasn't the loss that should bother Alabama fans so much. Instead, it was the fact that Saban seemingly sold out his principles by letting Hall come back in the second half to try to reverse the scoreboard.

Most fans thought that kind of nonsense had ended when Alabama replaced Mike Shula with Nick Saban. Last Saturday, it was difficult to see the difference.

Why won't anyone else address this? I brought it up on the BM message boards yesterday and was berated for questioning Sabans discipline. They said he addressed DJ in his press conference(I listened and never heard it). They say that he wouldnt have been dressed if he was suspended for the game because that is Satan's policy so it was obviously just a half game suspension all along. I actually had new threads started asking for me to be banned after two posts calm, reasonable, posts where I questioned the difference between what Saban said about discipline in the presser and how he had handled discipline issues thus far. As much as I dislike Fbomb and his toying with most Alabamians, he is the only person I have heard in this state raise this question in print so far.

I realize it is all in the name of sensationalism(sp?) becuase he has to rile people up, but the Fbomb is the first person to say what I was thinking all day Saturday.

Was that (sp?) for the word "because"? Because you got sensationalism right.

They said he addressed DJ in his press conference(I listened and never heard it). They say that he wouldnt have been dressed if he was suspended for the game because that is Satan's policy so it was obviously just a half game suspension all along.

He addressed it by saying "It was what it was." He really put that one to rest...

And everyone is using that "he was dressed out" excuse as if that settles it. Completely overlooking the fact that it was SENIOR DAY. Every senior took a picture with Saban and their family at midfield. I ask again, was he supposed to take his picture in a Got 12 T-shirt?

They said he addressed DJ in his press conference(I listened and never heard it). They say that he wouldnt have been dressed if he was suspended for the game because that is Satan's policy so it was obviously just a half game suspension all along.

He addressed it by saying "It was what it was." He really put that one to rest...

And everyone is using that "he was dressed out" excuse as if that settles it. Completely overlooking the fact that it was SENIOR DAY. Every senior took a picture with Saban and their family at midfield. I ask again, was he supposed to take his picture in a Got 12 T-shirt?

Exactly...It was such an obvious ploy, but they refuse to see it. I don't know where they have gotten this idealic image that he is a "stern disciplinarian". Is it because he is always crass and demeaning toward people? He has had several discipline issues, and the only one that resulted in real punishment came from the NCAA and not Saban with the textbook issues. He didn't suspend kids who broke police windshields, those that got arrested on the strip, textbook people, or DJ for smarting off to him at practice(is 1/2 a game even a suspension?). I think because he is always unhappy, rude, sarcastic, and demeaning, they assume he is a disciplinarian. I would hate to see what they would have said if CTT had let Tray off after 5 games instead of 6. He would have been "soft", or "putting winning before discipline". I don't know how Saban gets on stage and says some ofthis BS after his actions on Saturday. He lectured those reporters yesterday about doing things the right way, and how UAT's attitude needed to change, and that they needed to quit putting winning ahead of doing things the right way. That is exactly what he did on Saturday and exactly what he has done all along. CTT and the staff better use all of this along with the booing players on Senior Day, among other things, against them in recruting hard core.

Archived