Miles to Michigan...done deal?

TitanTiger

I've now seen at least 3 different message boards with LSU fans on them basically resigned to losing Miles to Michigan. The Michigan Rivals forum had a message go up about the search and within minutes 40-50 replies that all said things like "We got our man" and "Go Les Go." It was nuked shortly thereafter.

Is it just me or is the coaching carousel way more interesting overall this year than most?

I've now seen at least 3 different message boards with LSU fans on them basically resigned to losing Miles to Michigan. The Michigan Rivals forum had a message go up about the search and within minutes 40-50 replies that all said things like "We got our man" and "Go Les Go." It was nuked shortly thereafter.

Is it just me or is the coaching carousel way more interesting overall this year than most?

It is a particularly unusual year...

Do the people in Meeechigan not have TVs? Les is an idiot. He's a lucky coach with players who barely overcame his stupidity to have a good season. That isn't what they want replacing Carr.

The 2006 offseason was relatively quiet (everywhere but Bama). Thus, the 2007 offseason is set to be a record year of high-profile firings.

Do the people in Meeechigan not have TVs? Les is an idiot. He's a lucky coach with players who barely overcame his stupidity to have a good season. That isn't what they want replacing Carr.

I agree...LSU won this year DESPITE Miles. the pass he threw at the end of the game against Auburn and the time-outs he used at the end of the Arkansas game are the 2 most idiotic in game calls I have ever seen before in my life!

Guy at work last night, a very active voice on an :lsu: website (I think he called it Tiger Chat? LSU Chat?) told me weeks ago that he wanted CLM gone. He said he was an idiot and that he wanted him out of BR. This was way before the two losses.

Last night, he told me that CLM is GONE. When I asked him who would be the next coach....He just smiled and gave no answer.

So, is there anything else to that, or should we just take it as "code from a source"?

B)

"It was what it was..." :roflol:

Straight up, no code.

A lot of LSWho folks are thinking if Miles leaves, they make a successful run at Spurrier.

Is that in a scientific poll somewhere??? just sayin...

:poke:

I don't doubt it though.. B)

Of course not. Just telling you where that smug little smile was coming from.

What are the chances that the LSU crowd would try to get Saban back at LSU? Or would they even want him back after he couldn't improve on Shuler's record in the previous year?

What are the chances that the LSU crowd would try to get Saban back at LSU? Or would they even want him back after he couldn't improve on Shuler's record in the previous year?

from what i understand, there may be some higher-ups that don't want him back. but if he does go back, that's certainly his choice and best of luck to him.

What are the chances that LSWho makes a strong run at CTT?

i don't think anyone truly knows except them. with the coaching carousel like it is, the waters are being chummed so heavily by the agents its just really hard to tell. each agent is trying to put whatever story out to bump up their clients stock. i don't think CTT will leave AU though.

I'm not too sure. Doesn't CTT have a huge buyout at Auburn? I'm not sure if we would pay that.

Jack Del Rio is a name that pops up a lot around here. That would be a great hire, he has 2 daughters who attend LSU, so it's defintley a possibility, supposedly last time he was interested in the job but there was some kind of miscommunication with the owner of the Jaguars and he removed his name from consideration.

I don't think we get Spurrier and I seriously doubt Saban comes back.

I'd say slim to none. It is pretty well known that LSU doens't care for him too much. CTT also let it be known he didn't care to coach there saying he wouldn't want to coach at a place where his kids couldn't run around and not have security guards shadow them on the field.

LINKY

Take a look at this information I received from an unnamed source close to LSU's situation:

1. Bo Pelini - hired as Nebraska's new football coach and will be announced either this afternoon or tomorrow. Will not coach in the SEC Championship game.

2. Jon Tenuta, GA Tech's D Coordinator will be hired as LSU's new Defensive Coordinator making somewhere around $600,000 a year.

3. Les Miles - Has accepted the Michigan head coaching job and will announce this sometime Sunday or Monday after the SEC Championship game.

4. LSU is in talks with Steve Spurrier about their upcoming head coaching vacancy

LINKY

Take a look at this information I received from an unnamed source close to LSU's situation:

1. Bo Pelini - hired as Nebraska's new football coach and will be announced either this afternoon or tomorrow. Will not coach in the SEC Championship game.

2. Jon Tenuta, GA Tech's D Coordinator will be hired as LSU's new Defensive Coordinator making somewhere around $600,000 a year.

3. Les Miles - Has accepted the Michigan head coaching job and will announce this sometime Sunday or Monday after the SEC Championship game.

4. LSU is in talks with Steve Spurrier about their upcoming head coaching vacancy

While all these things are very possible, I just don't see these being as "done" as some may think. I do believe that Pelini will get the Neb. job, but will coach this saturday. I would love to have Jon Tenuta, but do you really think he would accept a job at a school when its known that the HC is probably on his way out?

Now unless this is much further along behind the scenes and Spurrier (or whoever the next coach will be) has agreed to the hiring of Tenuta......but I don't think its gone quite this far.

My wish list

HC - Rodriguez or Spurrier

DC - Muschamp or Tentura

The only way I see Muschamp coming over is if we get a guy like Spurrier thats probably only got 4-5 years left in him and an agreement is put in that Muschamp will take over after that.

should be an interesting next few weeks.........as if this season hasn't already been crazy enough.

LINKY

As of 2:50 central time today, there has still be no word regarding Nebraska's head coaching vacancy. As reported yesterday by me, the announcement was going to come yesterday or today. Since it wasn't announced, that leads me to believe that Nebraska has allowed Coach Pelini to coach the SEC Championsip Game.

I got that from their website. Since they were wrong about the first statement, I have no reason to believe anything else they have to say.

The Spurrier to LSU rumors always have been and always will be an internet rumor gone crazy

Will never happen

But if it did....

Man, just think what he could have done with their talent this year. And with Tenuta as the DC, God help us. We can't beat Tenuta and Spurious would have no recruiting competition at all in the state of LA. He could see this as a way to get a few more MNCs under his belt. May be wishful thinking. But if I were an LSU fan, I would be searching for falling stars every day after the sun went down.

But would Spurious and Tenuta work together? Would Spurious go somewhere where he did not get to choose his DC?

Archived