VT halloween costume....

WaReAgLe57

It's in the past people. We can move on and instead get mad at eachother for the tens of thousands of Americans who have died since that day or we can continue to play the "Who can show they care more game". :rolleyes:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My $.02.

It takes a lot to offend me, and even I thought it was in poor taste. If I saw it at a party I'd think it was overboard.

That being said, these kids dressed up for Halloween with the obvious intention to shock, at a small private party with their friends that obviously weren't too offended by it. Those friends took pictures, and it ended up on facebook, where in theory only your "friends" are supposed to be able to see them.

It's not like they took these pictures and e-mailed them to the victims' families.

People have every right to be offended, but they have every right to be offensive.

The morons at Penn State certainly have the right to dress that way, but it is incredibly offensive. Mass murder is not funny. Killing innocent students in class is not funny. And those costumes are not funny.

It is wrong for people to threaten them, but I hope that all of their future employers see these pictures. Maybe they will see the humor in being unemployed.

The morons at Penn State certainly have the right to dress that way, but it is incredibly offensive. Mass murder is not funny. Killing innocent students in class is not funny. And those costumes are not funny.

It is wrong for people to threaten them, but I hope that all of their future employers see these pictures. Maybe they will see the humor in being unemployed.

Do you want your boss seeing every photo where you've ever looked stupid? I guess you want to will see the humor in being unemployed too.

Do you want your boss seeing every photo where you've ever looked stupid? I guess you want to will see the humor in being unemployed too.

There is a difference between a picture of you acting/dressing in a dumb manner, and a picture of you mocking innocent people who were murdered. That analogy doesn't even apply.

I think we should sue. I have decided that I am offended $5 Million dollars worth. Anyone want to join up and get a nice big class action lawsuit started? I mean this is America, where the offended gets da cheese, da scrilla, dat green, and dees benjamins!!

There is a difference between a picture of you acting/dressing in a dumb manner, and a picture of you mocking innocent people who were murdered. That analogy doesn't even apply.

I disagree. The analogy is a good one. Your vision is clouded by the Care-More Contest

I disagree. The analogy is a good one. Your vision is clouded by the Care-More Contest

I'm not having a care more contest, I'm having what is the difference between right and wrong contest.

We all act stupidly at times. If I were in a positon to hire someone and I saw a picture of them drinking, acting stupid, etc it would not phase me and I would still hire them. I think my current boss would not be too alarmed either.

If I saw a picture of a job applicant mocking the deaths of dozens of innocent people, I would drop their resume into the trash can.

I find it to be hilarious. I would have loved to have seen that at some of the Halloween parties I went to, would have got my picture taken with them for sure. What amazes me is why so many people here care. What about he good ole days when you could offend someone and it not be all over the internet.

You have issues.

I'll play along.........a sense of humor.

Neither sense nor humor.

Posting on an internet forum does not make you a scientist. I can't have one w/o the other. Pull up a chair GG and RWS. Next thing you know you'll start to talk Katrina. No costume ideas ytd :no:

What if they were your friends? Would you find it hilarious? Or your parents? That would be a real life riot wouldn't it? What If came on here and said I would want to take a picture with them? I'm sure you would be saying the same thing...

What if Steve Irwin was your friend or family member?

One of the most popular costumes last year was him with a sting ray through the chest.

And that was less than a month after he died. I know for a fact that you found that to be humorous then.

Now, that IS pretty funny. I'd have to lightly chortle at the very least. Anyone who purposely spends every day around stuff that will kill you in a heartbeat....well, like I said...I think a chortle is warranted.

One of the most popular costumes last year was him with a sting ray through the chest.

And that was less than a month after he died. I know for a fact that you found that to be humorous then.

I think those are very different situations. Steve Irwin was a celebrity who gained notoriety through voluntarily putting himself in dangerous situations and being around wild animals. He put himself in that situation and the fact that he died by injuries recieved from an animal didn't really surprise anyone. I thought those costumes about him were in poor taste, but not shockingly offensive.

The Virginia Tech students were kids going to school who were murdered by a homicidal maniac.

I think those are very different situations. Steve Irwin was a celebrity who gained notoriety through voluntarily putting himself in dangerous situations and being around wild animals. He put himself in that situation and the fact that he died by injuries recieved from an animal didn't really surprise anyone. I thought those costumes about him were in poor taste, but not shockingly offensive.

The Virginia Tech students were kids going to school who were murdered by a homicidal maniac.

I just said that. Stop copying me.

I just said that. Stop copying me.

ASesquire, I'm actually a lawyer also, and you ought to know that there is no "copying" in the legal profession. I expounded on what you said, and I used more words. That is what we do. If you would like I can edit my post and give you a cite. Do you prefer footnotes or endnotes? :poke:

I find it to be hilarious. I would have loved to have seen that at some of the Halloween parties I went to, would have got my picture taken with them for sure. What amazes me is why so many people here care. What about he good ole days when you could offend someone and it not be all over the internet.

You have issues.

Neither sense nor humor.

Posting on an internet forum does not make you a scientist. I can't have one w/o the other. Pull up a chair GG and RWS. Next thing you know you'll start to talk Katrina. No costume ideas ytd :no:

What if they were your friends? Would you find it hilarious? Or your parents? That would be a real life riot wouldn't it? What If came on here and said I would want to take a picture with them? I'm sure you would be saying the same thing...

Again, there is a difference between a man that plays with dangerous animals for a living and a lot students going to class being murdered. I found the Steve Irwin thing funny in a sadistic way, but the Virginia Tech costume is a whole different ball game.

I don't see what the big deal is.

Last Halloween, my girlfriend dressed up like Natalee Holloway and I was Joran Van Der Sloot. We brought around a big rope and an empty bottle of vodka. She'd take a swig, then I'd act like I was throwing her tied up into the ocean. It was a real scream.

The year before that, I dressed up like an insurgent while a friend of mine was dressed like a business man. We did a spoof on cutting his head off. That one was great.

Back in high school, a few friends of mine had this great gag. One friend of mine and I were dressed up like the World Trade Centers. Two other friends were dressed up like planes. Randomly, they would come crash into us. Well, here's the best part - the two of us who were dressed up like the buildings had tons of tiny action figures in our pockets; we'd start spewing them out all over the floor before we fell down on top of them.

:drippingsarcasm7pa:

Those Penn St guys should have had their asses kicked. However, I can't say that I'm totally surprised. I think we try to push the envelope. For instance, remember when Marilyn Manson came out and gave a satanic sermon on the MTV music awards? Then he ran around in a g-string singing about beautiful people. Everybody gasped and talked about it at the water cooler. Remember when Jackass came out and everybody was amazed at how stupid those guys acted? Or when Borat went around the country making fun of problems in our culture? Eventually, the boundary is going to be crossed. Just like when Prince Douche dressed up like Hitler.

Last Halloween, my girlfriend dressed up like Natalee Holloway and I was Joran Van Der Sloot. We brought around a big rope and an empty bottle of vodka. She'd take a swig, then I'd act like I was throwing her tied up into the ocean. It was a real scream.

The year before that, I dressed up like an insurgent while a friend of mine was dressed like a business man. We did a spoof on cutting his head off. That one was great.

Back in high school, a few friends of mine had this great gag. One friend of mine and I were dressed up like the World Trade Centers. Two other friends were dressed up like planes. Randomly, they would come crash into us. Well, here's the best part - the two of us who were dressed up like the buildings had tons of tiny action figures in our pockets; we'd start spewing them out all over the floor before we fell down on top of them.

Before I got to the sarcasm icon I was thinking "Holy s***, townhallsavoy is one cold hearted b@st@rd, then once I got to it I laughed.

I guess that makes me a little sick too.

You have issues.

Neither sense nor humor.

Again, there is a difference between a man that plays with dangerous animals for a living and a lot students going to class being murdered. I found the Steve Irwin thing funny in a sadistic way, but the Virginia Tech costume is a whole different ball game.

Now, this has gone on long enough. I said it first. Then DC copied me. Now you come in here with your little Steve Irwin played with dangerous animals position...as if there was one iota of originality to that take. Now stop copying us real lawyers and get back to class. Your Torts professor has a case for you to brief for the class....beyotch.

Before I got to the sarcasm icon I was thinking "Holy s***, townhallsavoy is one cold hearted b@st@rd, then once I got to it I laughed.

I guess that makes me a little sick too.

Right. That's kind of what I was hoping for.

I think our culture has detiorated when it comes to comedy. Instead of "I can't get no respect" and Jerry Lewis antics, we've resorted to "HOLY s*** CAN YOU BELIEVE HE JUST DID THAT HAHAHAHAHA."

I remember watching a documentary on HBO about the Aristocrats joke. The joke is just filling in disgusting, perverted details into a story about a family auditioning for a play. The more offensive it gets, the funnier it's suppose to get. What's sad is that it works on me. But somewhere, a line is drawn. Dressing up like VA Tech victims for Halloween - not cool. Spoofing on Steve Irwin - not cool. Making fun of southern etiquette in the Borat movie - very funny.

Now, this has gone on long enough. I said it first. Then DC copied me. Now you come in here with your little Steve Irwin played with dangerous animals position...as if there was one iota of originality to that take. Now stop copying us real lawyers and get back to class. Your Torts professor has a case for you to brief for the class....beyotch.

If it is that big a deal to you, just remember to add a little © symbol to the end of all your posts. Perhaps you can make it part of your signature. I'm sure letting others know that all expressions and ideas found in your posts are your exclusive intellectual property will discourage their use of "your" ideas.

Now please send me your address so I know where to send my bill.

© 2007 DCWarEagle

Archived