6A State Championship

AUChizad

Prattvegas up 7-0 at the half.

Closer than I thought it'd be at this point.

Especially after we started with a touchdown immediately followed by a recovered fumble at Spain Park's 20 or so yard line.

Sounds like it was a good game if you like old fashioned football. I thought Prattville would run away with it, though I was pulling for Spain Park.

I'm not a big fan of Prattville. Their players are rude and mouthy. I've been to a couple of their games and watched them act like poorly raised thugs. It appears they got another "Unsportsman-like" call last night for taunting. It' sad because they have a great program/team and don't need the antics.

Sounds like it was a good game if you like old fashioned football. I thought Prattville would run away with it, though I was pulling for Spain Park.

I'm not a big fan of Prattville. Their players are rude and mouthy. I've been to a couple of their games and watched them act like poorly raised thugs. It appears they got another "Unsportsman-like" call last night for taunting. It' sad because they have a great program/team and don't need the antics.

same thing that some of the Foley guys told me about the rude/mouthy thing. they said Prattville is mad talented, and alot of those guys look like grown men. :lol: one of Foley's LBs was telling me he about crapped his pants anytime they ran at him.....and he likes to hit.

Did anybody else notice that the sportscasters were almost all from SPUAT and none from Auburn? Herb Winches (isn't he at Jox?) was the announcer w/Tyler Watts (former SPUAT quarterback) as the color man. They interviewed Gary Rutledge (another SPUAT quarterback) at halftime.

Does anybody know - is Auburn recruiting anybody from Prattville? They had a huge guy (on the OL I think) - a senior and he was 290. I know that the extra point guy from Spain Park (Al del Greco's son) will want to go to Auburn, but his daddy he ain't. Wasn't real good, I didn't think.

If you ever watched 2 adays they never could beat hoover. Nice to see them run allover them and Propst is on the outs.

If you ever watched 2 adays they never could beat hoover. Nice to see them run allover them and Propst is on the outs.

propst has been gone for several weeks now. rumor has it they want the prattville coach. they have the $ to get him too, i just don't know if he'd go.

Did anybody else notice that the sportscasters were almost all from SPUAT and none from Auburn? Herb Winches (isn't he at Jox?) was the announcer w/Tyler Watts (former SPUAT quarterback) as the color man. They interviewed Gary Rutledge (another SPUAT quarterback) at halftime.

Does anybody know - is Auburn recruiting anybody from Prattville? They had a huge guy (on the OL I think) - a senior and he was 290. I know that the extra point guy from Spain Park (Al del Greco's son) will want to go to Auburn, but his daddy he ain't. Wasn't real good, I didn't think.

If I'm not mistaken, Del Greco is going to Vandy. I could be wrong but I thought I heard Al mention that on the radio.

Prattville only lost to Hoover in 2004. It was a crappy deal. Apparently the MEAC or WAC or something like that had scheduled Legion Field for their championship and the AHSAA did not know it. Therefore they moved the game to Thursday night and played it in the Hoover Met. they didn't get that lucky last year and Prattville spanked their a**.

From what I understand, Spain Park's coach and Bill Clark were roommates in college? I feel that is why Prattville didn't run away with it. Also more crappy officiating. On one play the PHS DL kept blocking the QB till the whistle. They both went down and the SP QB ripped the guys helmet off and then got up in his face. The refs called a penalty on the QB and one on the PHS player for 'taking" his helmet off. The whole time the PHS player was backing up and getting off the field. PHS plays VERY aggressive. And they smack talk a little too much. But they learned this from the officials who let Hoover get away with it for so long. In 2004, PHS went to Hoover and got treated like dogs and the refs said nothing. So they figured that's how the AHSAA wants football to be played. I wish they wouldn't.

SP has a good team. If their QB could throw a little better, it might have been a different game. At one time PHS had 3rd and 33 on their own 9. They pooch kicked on 3rd. The next quarter, SP had 1st and 33 on their own 9. The refs really took the momentum out of the game for both sides. And I can say that SP was holding on just about every offensive play. I don't blame them, PHS has a monster defense. They are so quick to the ball that when a play looks like it might work, along come this defender out of nowhere to make the play.

I really wasn't as close as the score. PHS went VERY conservative on offense. Their passing game was not very creative. And they had the ball on SP's 10 with under 2 minutes in the game. They shut it down and ran the clock out. Clark did not want to run the score up on his old friend.

I have NEVER seen a team as loaded and as good as PHS has this year. Not to mention, PHS beat N. Gwinnet in the first game of the season and NG plays for the GA state championship this Saturday. Alabama high school football is some of the best around.

It was a good day for football. Cloudy and in the 70's. And yes, Legion Field is still not the best place to play. Prattville did fill up the visitor side.

I was waiting for you to defend Prattville's unsportsmanlike call.

I knew it was instigated by the SP guy and that they called it on both teams, offsetting the penalty, but I wasn't sure of the details, so I didn't say anything.

I wasn't aware that Prattville has that reputation, and I don't like that we do. Although from all that I could see we certainly weren't dishing it any more than we were receiving it.

I was waiting for you to defend Prattville's unsportsmanlike call.

I knew it was instigated by the SP guy and that they called it on both teams, offsetting the penalty, but I wasn't sure of the details, so I didn't say anything.

I wasn't aware that Prattville has that reputation, and I don't like that we do. Although from all that I could see we certainly weren't dishing it any more than we were receiving it.

Well. There was that play where little number 4 took out one of their BIG linemen right as the play ended. IT was uncalled for. Then the one where Brownell came in and hit the ball carrier in bounds by about a foot, but there was already a defender knocking him out of bounds. PHS plays right up to the whistle. And on defense, they swarm the ball. I just wish some of the jawing would stop. I think it actually causes more flags than if they just shut up and played the game. One of the impressive things was that Justin Albert has been hobbled for the last few weeks and PHS did not miss a beat. Actually Jerodis Williams, his backup, won player of the game. Kid can fly. Just all around a SUPER talented team. I believe the championship was played the week before against McGill-Toolen. The south definitely seems stronger.

And SP tried to dish it out, but they were just getting blown up on most plays. By the end of the game, PHS was stronger and SP just wanted to get out of there.

Went back through downtown Prattville and they rolled to whole place. I believe the police station caught the brunt of it. Gotta love a town where the police station is the focal point of rolling a town.

If you've played like Prattville the last 2 years, then youve got a right to be "rude/mouthy", and since when has that been so bad anyway? Ive always enjoyed a little good trash talk. As far as other unsportsmanlike stuff, it seems like PHS has had a history of some things like that, but the players for PHS have a little different background than the ones from Region 6.

I dont buy that PHS was taking it soft on SP because the coaches are buddies. That's complete crap. SP was in that game until the final minutes, and I guarantee that if Clark could have widened the margin he would have. Dont give SP so little credit. They play in probably one of the toughest regions in the country and are battle tested every week. The lineup of teams they beat in the playoffs alone is pretty impressive.

If you've played like Prattville the last 2 years, then youve got a right to be "rude/mouthy", and since when has that been so bad anyway? Ive always enjoyed a little job trash talk. As far as other unsportsmanlike stuff, it seems like PHS has had a history of some things like that, but the players for PHS have a little different background than the ones from Region 6.

I dont buy that PHS was taking it soft on SP because the coaches are buddies. That's complete crap. SP was in that game until the final minutes, and I guarantee that if Clark could have widened the margin he would have. Dont give SP so little credit. They play in probably one of the toughest regions in the country and are battle tested every week. The lineup of teams they beat in the playoffs alone is pretty impressive.

i was about to say the same thing. Foley never said it was unsportsmanlike, but they said they love to talk some trash. but yeah, as long as you can back it up then by all means...

If you've played like Prattville the last 2 years, then youve got a right to be "rude/mouthy", and since when has that been so bad anyway? Ive always enjoyed a little good trash talk. As far as other unsportsmanlike stuff, it seems like PHS has had a history of some things like that, but the players for PHS have a little different background than the ones from Region 6.

The ONLY thing that kept SP in the game was a few passes and PHS mistakes. Clark SHUT IT DOWN on the last drive. PHS could have EASILY scored. SP was shaking their heads as soon as the last first down was achieved. SP would have lost to Foley OR McGill-Toolen.

I'm not saying they were bad. They just did not have the overall team talent that PHS has. They do have some hosses, but they were shut down. The game turned out just as most predicted. The only thing that was in question was whether or not the guy on 8th street should have been charging more for those ribs he was grilling.

In the end, it was Bill Clark not scoring to embarrass his friend. If it had been Hoover on the other side, he would have gone for 2 after the TD.

The ONLY thing that kept SP in the game was a few passes and PHS mistakes. Clark SHUT IT DOWN on the last drive. PHS could have EASILY scored. SP was shaking their heads as soon as the last first down was achieved. SP would have lost to Foley OR McGill-Toolen.

I'm not saying they were bad. They just did not have the overall team talent that PHS has. They do have some hosses, but they were shut down. The game turned out just as most predicted. The only thing that was in question was whether or not the guy on 8th street should have been charging more for those ribs he was grilling.

In the end, it was Bill Clark not scoring to embarrass his friend. If it had been Hoover on the other side, he would have gone for 2 after the TD.

The last drive? Youre nit picking about possible scores on the last drive? Hate to break it to you but no matter how SP achieved the close game, it was a close game. Clark might have called off the dogs at the very end, but I guarantee he didnt intend for the game to be 2 scores up until that point.

Take off your glasses

Archived