Isn't it ironic?

Legionfield

Wow. After all of this Tubby to Arkansas talk, the hogs end up with a better coach than Tuberville! Amazing! This is according to Auburn's own Bobby Lowder and friends, who tried to hire him to replace Tubby under the cover of darkness. Woo pig sooeeee! and Roll Tide! :poke:

You say that as if we are/were in support of BL and crew. It is widely known, even nationally, that as Auburn fans, we despise that man. If you try weally weally hard to think back, that was one of the biggest showings of a fan base supporting their coach, not the PTB. That shows that we, as a whole, thought that BL was making a big mistake b/c CTT is a better coach that CBP.

I don't think so. The NFL didn't think so. Bobby Lowder didn't think so.....

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This post shows how stupid, dumb and naive most Bammers are. You do realize Saban was set to come to Bama for a lot less than 4mil per. He was done with NFL and wanted out. But Maw Moore screwed up the CRR negotiations so bad that he had to get Saban regardless of what it was going to cost. Maw Moore's ineptitude is the reason Saban is making 4 mil a year and a lot of the old Bama guard still has heartburn over it.

And another thing, when are we going to quit letting the Bammers make "woodshed" like post in the Rivals forum? Relic started out this thread flaming.......

Just keep telling yourself that. After all, perception is reality............ :rolleyes:

Wow. After all of this Tubby to Arkansas talk, the hogs end up with a better coach than Tuberville! Amazing! This is according to Auburn's own Bobby Lowder and friends, who tried to hire him to replace Tubby under the cover of darkness. Woo pig sooeeee! and Roll Tide! :poke:

You say that as if we are/were in support of BL and crew. It is widely known, even nationally, that as Auburn fans, we despise that man. If you try weally weally hard to think back, that was one of the biggest showings of a fan base supporting their coach, not the PTB. That shows that we, as a whole, thought that BL was making a big mistake b/c CTT is a better coach that CBP.

The Dolphins were intrested before the hired "The Chosen One". CTT doesn't want to go pro. He's said it numerous times. You don't think so? I'm proud to see you think that with your unbias opinion. :rolleyes: Incase you needed it, you really just dumbed yourself down by putting yourself in comparison with BL.

Ask all the people that named him coach of the year a couple of times. Ask all the top 10 teams that have been beaten by CTT over the past decade. Ask Texas and USC who have posted similar records over the past 5 years. Ask aTm, Arkansas, LSU, & and all the teams that would have liked to have taken him from under us during the past years. (I'd be willing to bet they think he's a better coach)

This post shows how stupid, dumb and naive most Bammers are. You do realize Saban was set to come to Bama for a lot less than 4mil per. He was done with NFL and wanted out. But Maw Moore screwed up the CRR negotiations so bad that he had to get Saban regardless of what it was going to cost. Maw Moore's ineptitude is the reason Saban is making 4 mil a year and a lot of the old Bama guard still has heartburn over it.

And another thing, when are we going to quit letting the Bammers make "woodshed" like post in the Rivals forum? Relic started out this thread flaming.......

Just keep telling yourself that. After all, perception is reality............ :rolleyes:

No, I think you're the resident ostrich of AUNation.

Ask your Bama buddies that actually have a little knowledge of the situation before you make a bamaperry of yourself.

The Dolphins were intrested before the hired "The Chosen One". CTT doesn't want to go pro. He's said it numerous times. You don't think so? I'm proud to see you think that with your unbias opinion. :rolleyes: Incase you needed it, you really just dumbed yourself down by putting yourself in comparison with BL.

Ask all the people that named him coach of the year a couple of times. Ask all the top 10 teams that have been beaten by CTT over the past decade. Ask Texas and USC who have posted similar records over the past 5 years. Ask aTm, Arkansas, LSU, & and all the teams that would have liked to have taken him from under us during the past years. (I'd be willing to bet they think he's a better coach)

Petrino was on those same lists............

Ask all the people that named him coach of the year a couple of times. Ask all the top 10 teams that have been beaten by CTT over the past decade. Ask Texas and USC who have posted similar records over the past 5 years.Ask aTm, Arkansas, LSU, & and all the teams that would have liked to have taken him from under us during the past years. (I'd be willing to bet they think he's a better coach)

Assuming that is true, you should at least say Petrino is as good as CTT, using your logic. NOT lengths & bounds better.

Care to address the other things I mentioned?

Ask all the people that named him coach of the year a couple of times. Ask all the top 10 teams that have been beaten by CTT over the past decade. Ask Texas and USC who have posted similar records over the past 5 years.Ask aTm, Arkansas, LSU, & and all the teams that would have liked to have taken him from under us during the past years. (I'd be willing to bet they think he's a better coach)

Assuming that is true, you should at least say Petrino is as good as CTT, using your logic. NOT lengths & bounds better.

Petrino is widely regarded as a better coach. That's my argument.

Legionfield, if you are going to post flame bait, do it in the Woodshed. Away we gooooooo....

That is not flame bait.........just opinion.

Link?

Link?

He doesn't need one.... He and Bobby Lowder share an opinion. What else could you ask for? I hope nothing b/c that is the only argument he has.

Let me guess...he was higher up on the list, but Arkansas just thought "They couldn't get" Petrino (Saban), so they settled for Tubs (Rodriguez).

Riiiight.

Let me put this in terms you'll understand. Bobby Lowder = Paul Bryant, Jr. Sort of like Alabama = Ole Miss.

That is not flame bait.........just opinion.

The two are not mutually exclusive. Don't give me the 'Who, me?' act.

Any coach that goes undefeated should go down as a great coach. Any coach that does it with his own players is that much better. Any coach that does it in a BCS conference, is a fantastic coach.

So that is (in recent times): Tuberville, Pete Carol, and Mack Brown.

Quit trying to get us going with "haha, you didn't win a NC" We all know if the foot were on the other foot, you guys would've claimed more than 1 NC out of it. We went undefeated, give us our props because there was nothing the team or coach could've done. 13-0 with 4 Top 10 victories - the AP may not give us the title, but it is much more impressive than what USC did that year. Or any team in history for that matter.

This, from the guy who's wanted CTT fired for 2 years now.

I'll listen to others on this board in regards to CTT arguments...but forgive me if I take your comments with a big ol' grain of rock salt.

The AJC just about sums it up. There is no other coach in college right now happier than CNS.

Petrino was never up to the job

By Jeff Schultz | Tuesday, December 11, 2007, 08:13 PM

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Jeff Schultz He lost his quarterback. But Bobby Petrino didn’t quit because he lost Michael Vick.

He lost players to knee injuries, ankle injuries — injuries because the JetSki went one way and his defensive tackle’s leg went the other. But Bobby Petrino didn’t quit because the Falcons’ roster was decimated.

Bobby Petrino quit because being an NFL coach isn’t just about Xs and Os. It’s about all of those things Petrino didn’t want to handle and clearly wasn’t equipped to handle. Salary cap issues. Players egos. The most basic form of communication.

Bobby Petrino quit because he couldn’t handle almost anything.

Michael Vick lied to Arthur Blank. Bobby Petrino lied to Arthur Blank. The second guy didn’t break any laws, but the two are closer than we could have imagined in the character department.

Petrino is a quitter. Thirteen games and he is checking out for a job back in the college ranks, where he can mold young men by stepping on them first, which is something you can’t do in the NFL.

Nick Saban couldn’t handle it either. Hey, at least Nick Saban lasted two seasons. By comparison, Nick Saban is a martyr.

Thirteen games. Are you kidding?

When Blank’s head stops spinning after all he has endured this season, he should breathe a sigh of relief. He should get past the fact he has to find another coach. Get past the fact that the franchise he would open a vein for has hit bottom and will take some time to turn around.

Arthur: Get past all of that, because things probably just got better. Save the balance on the five-year, $24 million contract you gave Petrino. Find yourself a coach who won’t melt down every time the temperature rises above 78.

If football is the ultimate game of physical and mental toughness, Petrino turned out to be the ultimate mushhead. This is the NFL. This is Big Boy football. The Falcons already have too many players who stomp their feet and hold their breath. The last thing they needed was a coach who did the same thing.

Petrino said the Falcons were his dream job. He said he wanted to work for Blank and Rich McKay. He said he wanted one season to see what he could do with Vick.

Things didn’t go as planned. Obviously. Petrino didn’t win. That wasn’t really his fault, given circumstances. But there were so many warning signs about how he handled situations, you wondered how he would function in the NFL environment, even without the extreme issues.

He rarely communicated with his players. He didn’t seek any input from the veterans he inherited — and while it’s certainly his prerogative as a head coach to do as he pleases, constructing such walls is counter-productive for a coach trying to build unity.

Petrino didn’t tell players when they were being benched, or why. Some found out when they got to the stadium on game day. Joey Harrington found out from reporters in a news conference that he might not start at quarterback that week.

Say what you want about Harrington — no professional athlete deserves to be humiliated like that. No man deserves to be treated like that.

Bobby Petrino. Not a man. He is running like a coward.

It has been apparent all season that Petrino and McKay were on different pages in personnel issues (Why make Ovie Mughelli the league’s highest-paid fullback if he’s not going to be used?)

Most of all, he had lost the team. That was never more apparent than in Monday night’s game against New Orleans. Hall walked into the Georgia Dome carrying a sign, and Roddy White wore a T-shirt, both reading, “Free Michael Vick.” Once you got past the vitriol directed toward Hall and White, you had to ask yourself: Would any player have done that if they liked, respected or even feared their coach?

Petrino took exception last week when I asked him about the possibility of leaving the Falcons for a college job (I was giving him the benefit of the doubt, and figured he would wait until after the season).

“My plans are to be here, there’s no question about that,” he said. “I get asked the same question every day, and that’s my plan.”

And now his plan is taking him to Arkansas. At least 13 games covers a full college season.

The Falcons now have one less quitter to worry about.

Good riddance.

Widely regarded by whom? The AD and President at Auburn at the time that Jetgate happened were shortly out of a job after that fiasco. Who else thinks CBP is better than CTT? Bobby Lowder? He has shown more than once that he is a power freak and his choices for headcoach have been less than stable ie Bowden. After Petrino jumps ship at Arkansas in two years or less, I'm sure Saban will take over there and Bama can hire Freddie Kitchens. Your argument is flame bait and flawed, why don't you go off and drool over those recruiting rankings.

Isn't it ironic that people constantly misinterpret what the word irony means?

"Its like rain on your wedding day..."

You know I much rather have CTT as my coach than Petrino. This way we are not going to be left holding a bag of crap at the end of his tenure. I'd bet a crisp dollar that Arky will be looking for a new coach in 4 years and possibly dealing with the NCAA for something Petrino does while there.

He might be a better coach, but CTT turns out a better product in the end because he actually cares about the school, his coaches, and his players. Petrino is just a jerk who is looking out for himself and will screw pretty much anybody he has to to "succeed".

You know I much rather have CTT as my coach than Petrino. This way we are not going to be left holding a bag of crap at the end of his tenure. I'd bet a crisp dollar that Arky will be looking for a new coach in 4 years and possibly dealing with the NCAA for something Petrino does while there.

He might be a better coach, but CTT turns out a better product in the end because he actually cares about the school, his coaches, and his players. Petrino is just a jerk who is looking out for himself and will screw pretty much anybody he has to to "succeed".

good argument. I agree with you that Tuberville is a better person and, in the end, a better coach. I concede..... :big:

good argument. I agree with you that Tuberville is a better person and, in the end, a better coach. I conceed..... :big:

concede, bammer.

It depends on what you frame as a good head coach.

If its an X's and O's guy, then yes Petrino is a much better coach than Tubberville or Saban.

If its as a CEO who represents your program, recruits, and hires quality x's and o's guys to do that job. Tubberville wins.

If its an X's and O's guy, then yes Petrino is a much better coach than Tubberville or Saban.

I agree if you are speaking of offensive X & O. However, you look at the defensive X & O's and I think TuBerville & Saban are both better X & O guys. CTT always has a solid defense (as HC and as a DC), Saban usually does, and CBP has never.

If its as a CEO who represents your program, recruits, and hires quality x's and o's guys to do that job. Tubberville wins.

Get out a sheet of paper. Write at the top: "I am a moron."

Next, write the word TUBERVILLE twenty times.

Finish the paper with "I am now enlightened and will never make that mistake again."

Get out a sheet of paper. Write at the top: "I am a moron."

Next, write the word TUBERVILLE twenty times.

Finish the paper with "I am now enlightened and will never make that mistake again."

Get out a spoon and eat my waste portal.

If I want to misspell Tuberville repeatedly, I can as a fan of the team.

B)

good argument. I agree with you that Tuberville is a better person and, in the end, a better coach. I conceed..... :big:

concede, bammer.

Sorry, it has been an excruciatingly long day at work...... :puke:

Archived