McFadden out?

WAR-MATT

Would it have killed him to wait 2 more weeks to get the Escalade? I mean he's obviously proud of his other car that we've seen on ESPN 463 times.

Yeah, and where did he get the money to buy that one and soup it up so much. I don't know many players that could afford the stereo system and stylings that McFadden had on the car.

Would it have killed him to wait 2 more weeks to get the Escalade? I mean he's obviously proud of his other car that we've seen on ESPN 463 times.

Yeah, and where did he get the money to buy that one and soup it up so much. I don't know many players that could afford the stereo system and stylings that McFadden had on the car.

Yeah, how do any of these kids have cars? I mean, seriously, his parents could never have given him any money or anything. Give me a break.

He should have gone to K-K-Kia. He could have gotten six cars for the price of one.

I'm not so sure anything good would come to McFadden at K-K-Kia.

He should have gone to K-K-Kia. He could have gotten six cars for the price of one.

I'm not so sure anything good would come to McFadden at K-K-Kia.

It really just depends on the K-K-Kia branch.

Yeah, how do any of these kids have cars? I mean, seriously, his parents could never have given him any money or anything. Give me a break.

If you have ever watched the video about him (it was on ESPN during one of the games) you would know what I am saying. First of all there weren't "parents" he had a Single mother, not much money, who was glad he had football so he could get a scholarship to college. There are many players whose "parents" can give them money and such, but from what he came from, there wasn't much there to begin with. For sure not enough to pay for souped up speakers, those fancy wheels, hydrolics. They showed him in he car in the video I saw and it was a sweet souped up car. But maybe he has a job in his spare time that will allow him to buy these things. Kind of like Reggie Bush had!

I'm not sure what NCAA policy is on this, but I'll give my perspective. What is to stop banks from loaning money to a player with the expectation of payment farther off. In fact, it makes good business sense to eat a payment of a cadillac for a few months if he may invest millions in your bank a few years down the road.

For example, when I graduated medical school, banks were calling and sending offers for loans with deferred payments left and right, with the expectation that one day i would be able to afford to pay them off and that one day i would set up a business relationship with them. Its business, and I'm not sure how the NCAA could say that was inappropriate benefits if its not a booster and he is locked into repayment legally.

Believe and Im not 100% sure it works this way but I think it does. The loan, financing, whatever for the car is based off of his potential professional status, by taking the loan against his pro status he gives up his collegiate status. Its the same things the agents do, they buy the kids a car to sign with them knowing they will get the money back when they are signed.

The dude should have waited till after the Cotton Bowl and then he could take out whatever he wanted against his potential pro contract (I say potential cause who knows how much it will be, but will be alot).

If you have ever watched the video about him (it was on ESPN during one of the games) you would know what I am saying. First of all there weren't "parents" he had a Single mother, not much money, who was glad he had football so he could get a scholarship to college. There are many players whose "parents" can give them money and such, but from what he came from, there wasn't much there to begin with. For sure not enough to pay for souped up speakers, those fancy wheels, hydrolics. They showed him in he car in the video I saw and it was a sweet souped up car. But maybe he has a job in his spare time that will allow him to buy these things. Kind of like Reggie Bush had!

Oh, I saw it. You do know these guys can get summer jobs, right? I know it's hard to believe, but maybe he actually made the money himself, and spent it on his car. Those guys don't ever have to pay for food, cloths, rent, etc... So what's he going to spend it on other than tattoo's?

Oh, I saw it. You do know these guys can get summer jobs, right? I know it's hard to believe, but maybe he actually made the money himself, and spent it on his car. Those guys don't ever have to pay for food, cloths, rent, etc... So what's he going to spend it on other than tattoo's?

i knew that was mcfadden on season 2 of deadliest catch...those guys make bank.

i knew that was mcfadden on season 2 of deadliest catch...those guys make bank.

Haha, if I wasn't such of a wuss, I'd love to do that!

Maybe but I still doubt it.

He's now been ruled eligible:

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/7622540?MSNHPHMA

Updated: December 31, 2007, 5:02 PM

DALLAS (AP) - Darren McFadden will play in the Cotton Bowl on New Year's Day after the university reviewed a media report linking the All-America running back and an agent to the purchase of a vehicle and found no reason to make him ineligible.

Arkansas television station KARK has since apologized to McFadden and his family for the report, but the university said it was looking into the matter.

The school released a statement Monday, stating it had conducted a thorough review of the allegations reported in the media.

"Based upon the institution's review, Mr. McFadden remains eligible and will participate in the 2008 AT&T Cotton Bowl Classic," the statement said.

Based on his current ride, do you blame him? :roflol:

darrenmcfadden-car.jpg

DM looks like he risked injury to his lower extremities every time he had to enter or exit the Crown Vic...the Caddy was a logical choice. He should have *bought* some Westin step bars... :thumbsup:

Archived