WVU search takes new turn

Tigermike

Keep the Bama fans away from sharp objects.

January 1, 2008

By Mike Casazza

Daily Mail sportswriter

GLENDALE, Ariz. - The pause in West Virginia's search for a new football coach continues, but it will resume with a new direction. Sources confirmed the university will utilize a consulting firm to assist in hiring a new football coach.

A WVU team source also said Gov. Joe Manchin is intent on putting a big-name coach in place and has interest in Alabama coach and Marion County native Nick Saban. The Crimson Tide just finished Saban's first season with a 7-6 record after beating Colorado 30-24 in the Independence Bowl.

The Mountaineers have already interviewed Florida safeties coach/recruiting coordinator Doc Holliday, former Auburn Coach Terry Bowden, Central Michigan Coach Butch Jones and Florida State offensive line coach Rick Trickett. Each was a former player or assistant at WVU.

WVU also interviewed Florida State assistant Jimbo Fisher and had prepared an offer, only to have Fisher decline to remain with the Seminoles.

Fisher was named head-coach-in-waiting at FSU last month.

http://www.dailymail.com/Sports/WVUSports/200801010117

saban to wvu is a done deal, my wvu insiders tell me they've been waiting for the end of the bowl season to formally anounce. look for spurrier to replace saban as the tide coach. ;)

I don't see that happening, but IF it did, that would be the meltdown by which all future meltdowns are compared.

Nikki goes home!

Keep the Bama fans away from sharp objects.

January 1, 2008

By Mike Casazza

Daily Mail sportswriter

GLENDALE, Ariz. - The pause in West Virginia's search for a new football coach continues, but it will resume with a new direction. Sources confirmed the university will utilize a consulting firm to assist in hiring a new football coach.

A WVU team source also said Gov. Joe Manchin is intent on putting a big-name coach in place and has interest in Alabama coach and Marion County native Nick Saban. The Crimson Tide just finished Saban's first season with a 7-6 record after beating Colorado 30-24 in the Independence Bowl.

The Mountaineers have already interviewed Florida safeties coach/recruiting coordinator Doc Holliday, former Auburn Coach Terry Bowden, Central Michigan Coach Butch Jones and Florida State offensive line coach Rick Trickett. Each was a former player or assistant at WVU.

WVU also interviewed Florida State assistant Jimbo Fisher and had prepared an offer, only to have Fisher decline to remain with the Seminoles.

Fisher was named head-coach-in-waiting at FSU last month.

http://www.dailymail.com/Sports/WVUSports/200801010117

I sure don't see Tattoo leaving the SEC to go to the Big Least but the longer this story percolates the better for so many reasons.

Either way Tuberville will be getting a win over Tattoo next year...

WDE!

If WVU doesn't hire a guy named Doc Holliday...well...they fail. At the press conference for his hiring he would say "I'm your huckleberry".

If WVU doesn't hire a guy named Doc Holliday...well...they fail. At the press conference for his hiring he would say "I'm your huckleberry".

He should have been hired two weeks ago.

He should have been hired two weeks ago.

Yeah, what are they waiting for RWS????

to take a play from WarTim's playbook

...y a w n

Feel free. uaters have been attempting to copy AU Men and women forever........

to take a play from WarTim's playbook

...y a w n

we'll know its over when saban makes a firm denial....until then i have to assume he's staying at uat

166003~John-Denver-Posters.jpg

Almost heaven, West Virginia

Blue ridge mountains

Shenandoah river -

Life is old there

Older than the trees

Younger than the mountains

Growin like a breeze

Country roads, take me home

To the place I belong

West virginia, mountain momma

Take me home, country roads

All my memories gathered round her

Miners lady, stranger to blue water

Dark and dusty, painted on the sky

Misty taste of moonshine

Teardrops in my eye

To the place I belong

I hear her voice

In the mornin hour she calls me

The radio reminds me of my home far away

And drivin down the road I get a feelin

That I should have been home yesterday, yesterday

To the place I belong

To the place I belong

Take me home, now country roads

Take me home, now country roads

Posted merely as an irritant to the local bama contingency.

I would love for this to happen, but then again I don't think that it is fair for all those women to "fall down the stairs".

Just don't see it happening--don't see WVU putting together anything close to $4 Mil a year. Saban might take a cut to escape the asylum he walked into at uat, but not that much of a cut.

But it would be the best New Year's present I can imagine--not because I fear Nick, but

a] the meltdown in Tuscaloosa would be comedy of epic proportions, and

b] it would be hilarious to see Nick end up as last choice in a job for which Jimbo Fisher (his former assistant) and Terry Bowden were interviewed first

I agree with the prevailing wisdom of the board. No way this happens, but it would be abso-frickin-lutely hilarious if it did.

Tuscaloosa would explode. It just wouldn't be there anymore. A big crater. Maybe a fence around it with some kind of plaque or something...

It would be a sad day in the DAMA nation. They couldn't get a well know coach to come to UAT without paying an outlandish sum and even then all they were able to get was the equivalent of an over priced old whore.

They might one day beg Sylvester C to come home to mama.

It's ok to dream guys..... :)

Has absolutely nothing to do with dreaming...no one here says I hope he leaves because they are scared of him, only that if he leaves it would be funny as hell becasue of the idol worship you guys have for him.

Has absolutely nothing to do with dreaming...no one here says I hope he leaves because they are scared of him, only that if he leaves it would be funny as hell becasue of the idol worship you guys have for him.

True statement.

It's ok to dream guys..... :)

I know a lot of Bama fans worship the guy....but I look at it like this: I don't want him to leave because he is a good coach...and that if he did leave it would throw the UA football program into such a disarray that it would take years to recover. Kinda like when Fran left....but on a bigger scale.

Archived