Omar Hunter

sogaaufan

Over on ITAT, they are talking about this guy as being someone we are in the running for. Apparently, he had committed to Notre Dame, but recently pulled his commitment. Some were saying he has narrowed it down to about three with us being one of them. The guy is supposed to be a five star stud from Buford, GA.

I just wanted to see if metafour or some of you guys have heard anything on him.

Could be, but he's not listed as a "soft verbal" yet. Makes sense though if "mama" has anything to say. Who would want to play in the FRIGID NORTH?

We're trying to get him in for a visit but I wouldn't get too excited. Word on the street is that he has been a silent commit to Florida for a while now, even while he was publicly committed to Notre Dame. Urban Meyer is pulling his same old usual dirty recruiting tactics.

I've been watching this guy for three years now and he is a beast. Nice kid, too. His high school coach played tight end for AU in the late 80's, so hopefully he will guide Omar to the right place... The Buford program has 7 legit D1 recruits this year and so far we are not getting any of them as far as I know. Buford's QB three years ago was Justin Roper of Oregon who threw 4 TDs in their bowl game. Darius Walker is another product of Buford; he scored his first pro TD last week. Go Wolves and War Eagle!

What position does he play?

Florida, Auburn new favorites to land Buford’s Hunter

By Jeff Hood

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 01/04/08 6:53 PM

Latest news

Report: Hunter nixes Notre Dame ( 4:08 PM)

More Football recruiting...

Buford’s Omar Hunter, considered the second-best defensive tackle in the nation in the class of 2008 by Scout.com, has de-committed to Notre Dame.

Following weeks of speculation, Hunter made it official on Friday in Orlando, where he will participate in Saturday’s Under Armour All-America Game.

“Omar has de-committed to Notre Dame,” said Buford coach Jess Simpson, who is working as an assistant coach for Saturday’s all-star event, which will feature many of the nation’s top recruits.

“The main reasons were just being closer to family and home. I think that was the number one thing.”

Hunter immediately listed Auburn, Florida and Southern Cal as his new finalists.

But Simpson indicated the candidates might be narrowed to two SEC powers.

“It’s between Florida and Auburn from what he’s told me,” Simpson said. “And I know Auburn losing [defensive coach] Will Muschamp [who accepted a similar position at Texas] today probably threw a wrench in that for them.”

I have to deal w/ double-wide Gators daily crowing about Urban Myth, so any details you can give re. his recruiting "dirty tricks" would be appreciated.

I've been watching this guy for three years now and he is a beast. Nice kid, too. His high school coach played tight end for AU in the late 80's, so hopefully he will guide Omar to the right place... The Buford program has 7 legit D1 recruits this year and so far we are not getting any of them as far as I know. Buford's QB three years ago was Justin Roper of Oregon who threw 4 TDs in their bowl game. Darius Walker is another product of Buford; he scored his first pro TD last week. Go Wolves and War Eagle!

Sounds like a good strong HS program to have ties to...unfortunately, doesnt sound as if those AU ties are helping us much yet. On the AU staff, who is responsible for the Buford in his recruiting territory?

Did I mention that an assistant coach for Buford is Pat Dye's nephew? I don't understand why AU doesn't recruit more from Buford. A few years ago, they got Neal Brown, a noseguard, from Buford. However, due to an injury, he never moved up the depth chart and transferred to UTC, where he played this past fall. I would also like to know who recruits this area for Auburn. Buford has put a lot of guys on D1 rosters over the years I've lived here. Mickey Henderson, receiver for :uga: , is another product.

Jess Simpson has only been the Head Coach for a couple of years.I believe Muschamp was assigned to that part of Atlanta.

Sounds like a good strong HS program to have ties to...unfortunately, doesnt sound as if those AU ties are helping us much yet. On the AU staff, who is responsible for the Buford in his recruiting territory?

Coach Knox has Gwinnett County, which is where Buford is located.

Jess Simpson has only been the Head Coach for a couple of years.I believe Muschamp was assigned to that part of Atlanta.

Muschamp had North Fulton Co and Cobb County.

Archived