Burton Scott

RunInRed

haven't seen that anywhere, must be premium content or something. either way, not too worried about it.

Yeah, I don't blame you not being worried. I am sure he will call you if he is wavering at all....

haven't seen that anywhere, must be premium content or something. either way, not too worried about it.

Yeah, I don't blame you not being worried. I am sure he will call you if he is wavering at all....

actually, i heard that his stock dropped a little because you told him some of his stats had to be incorrect.

Julio's man is back with more inside info. Why don't you fill us in on the latest scuttle butt about your main man JJ? Lots’ of rumors floating around of "the Big Red" variety. B)

Kids mine as well take official visits. Free food and stuff right? Doesn't hurt to look around. Auburn commits take other visits. No big deal

Julio's man is back with more inside info. Why don't you fill us in on the latest scuttle butt about your main man JJ? Lots’ of rumors floating around of "the Big Red" variety. B)

I thought JJ committed on Oct. 10? Just what kind of recruiting service is this guy running anyway?

I never like the "just taking all my visits" people. It makes me think Scott is going to talk to uncommitted recruits and tell them that Auburn isn't the place to be.

I never like the "just taking all my visits" people. It makes me think Scott is going to talk to uncommitted recruits and tell them that Auburn isn't the place to be.

Always the pessimist. I think it does nothing but entice the kid to take a look at Auburn before he makes the biggest choice in his life. It could be nothing but a good thing. In sales, you always want a client to "visit the showroom" or come take a personal look at the product that you are trying to sale. If that happens, the chances of making a sale go up greatly then if it never happens. That is when you shine! I am not saying you close 100% of the time even when they do come, but the chances go up a bit more when that happens. I would think it is every bit the same in selling Auburn University to these high school kids!

Can you post a link? I can't find anything on Rivals that indicates this.

Bama Gag has it on the front page. Prem article.......

Can you post a link? I can't find anything on Rivals that indicates this.

Bama Gag has it on the front page. Prem article.......

K, found it. Thanks.

Always the pessimist. I think it does nothing but entice the kid to take a look at Auburn before he makes the biggest choice in his life. It could be nothing but a good thing. In sales, you always want a client to "visit the showroom" or come take a personal look at the product that you are trying to sale. If that happens, the chances of making a sale go up greatly then if it never happens. That is when you shine! I am not saying you close 100% of the time even when they do come, but the chances go up a bit more when that happens. I would think it is every bit the same in selling Auburn University to these high school kids!

How am I always the pessimist? Or do you always make blanket statements?

Look, I hope the best for our official visits this weekend. However, I know that last season Enrique Davis told us on his official visit that the main reason why he was going to FSU the weekend after his AU visit was to stay in touch with Michael McNeil. He was recruiting for us at another school, and we loved to hear it. Being on the other side of that makes me a little nervous. Let's hope we get Scott, but if he doesn't want to be at AU, I don't want him having any negative effect on our recruiting.

How am I always the pessimist? Or do you always make blanket statements?

Look, I hope the best for our official visits this weekend. However, I know that last season Enrique Davis told us on his official visit that the main reason why he was going to FSU the weekend after his AU visit was to stay in touch with Michael McNeil. He was recruiting for us at another school, and we loved to hear it. Being on the other side of that makes me a little nervous. Let's hope we get Scott, but if he doesn't want to be at AU, I don't want him having any negative effect on our recruiting.

I agree and yes...it was a blanket statement.

Trust me....if the word gets out about BS pulling some.....BS, he'll be forced to leave. It has happened before and it might happen this weekend, Who knows.

vigor's coach flat-out said he was coming to auburn just to hang out with sen'derrick marks, and that there was no other reason for his visit. i say turn his ass away or give him the damn directions to campus and let him know where he can get a bite to eat before he scuttles his ass back to mobile on his own damn dime.

vigor's coach flat-out said he was coming to auburn just to hang out with sen'derrick marks, and that there was no other reason for his visit. i say turn his ass away or give him the damn directions to campus and let him know where he can get a bite to eat before he scuttles his ass back to mobile on his own damn dime.

What, is he gay?

There is good reason for him to be a pessimist. Andre Smith did it when he took his visit to Auburn.

Look, he might be there just to hang with Sen'Derrick. Then again, he might enjoy hanging out with other team members as well and find that he likes it more than he thought, have a talk with Franklin and like the possibilities in the new offense. You never know what could happen.

Not likely to change anything, but as long as he doesn't pull some stunt where he tries to mess with our recruiting, bring him in.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/mobilereg....xml&coll=3

Scott to visit Auburn

Friday, January 11, 2008

By EVAN WOODBERY

Sports Reporter

AUBURN -- Three weeks before National Signing Day, Auburn is gearing up for what could be its biggest recruiting weekend of the month.

The Tigers are expected to bring in as many as 15 high-profile players, including six who have already verbally committed to AU, according to Rivals.com.

Auburn also will host Burton Scott, an athlete from Vigor High who has verbally committed to Alabama. Scott, No. 12 on the Press-Register's Super Southeast 120, is considered one of the state's most promising prospects.

Daphne running back Reggie Hunt, who has committed to the Tigers, will also be in attendance this weekend.

The five other Auburn commitments set to visit are:

-- Athlete Marcus Jemison of McAdory High in McCalla. The 6-foot-2, 190-pounder played quarterback in high school, but will probably end up as a defensive back in college. He committed to the Tigers in December.

-- Tight end Vance Smith of Pace, Fla. Smith became Auburn's second verbal commitment in March, and has since been reassured that tight ends will play an important role in new coordinator Tony Franklin's spread offense.

-- Quarterback Barrett Trotter of Briarwood Christian in Birmingham, who could be one of five quarterbacks in camp for the Tigers in August.

-- Defensive back Drew Cole of Picayune, Miss., who committed to Auburn in March.

-- Athlete Jarmon Fortson of Carver High of Columbus, Ga., who committed to the Tigers in September but has since taken other visits. His high school teammate, quarterback Deron Furr, has already committed to the Tigers and hopes to enroll in class this week.

Eight uncommitted prospects will be visiting, including receiver Laron Byrd (Hahnville High in Boutte, La.), linebacker William Green (Spain Park in Hoover), defensive end Robert Quinn (Fort Dorchester in North Charleston, S.C.), defensive tackle Jomarcus Savage (J.O. Johnson in Huntsville), running back Eric Smith (Armwood in Seffner, Fla.) and offensive lineman Freddie Smooth (Desire Street Academy in Baton Rouge, La.).

I don't expect Scott to change his mind and switch his verbal from Bama, but nothing's impossible. I don't expect the coaches to let him change anyone else's mind while there either, however.

I think he's just taking his option to enjoy a visit & free trip (and perhaps visit Sen'derrick if they're friends). No big deal--just part of the recruiting process these days and not anything I'm going to give much thought to either way.

Did anyone read his coaches comments? Almost sounded defensive. Don't know why he'd care one way or another. IF one of his players goes to AL, AU, LSU or FL...he's going to a top SEC school, but he was determined to make ther statement that he was ONLY going to hang out...I just found it kind of odd that the high school coahc would want to put it staight and make a big deal about it.

Archived