Burton Scott

RunInRed

Did anyone read his coaches comments? Almost sounded defensive. Don't know why he'd care one way or another. IF one of his players goes to AL, AU, LSU or FL...he's going to a top SEC school, but he was determined to make ther statement that he was ONLY going to hang out...I just found it kind of odd that the high school coahc would want to put it staight and make a big deal about it.

I have no earthly idea why he would be defensive about one of his players looking somewhere besides Tuscaloosa. :rolleyes:

Sometime after his hire didn't Saban say something about "Being loyal and not visiting after their commitment"? I don't remember the exact quote.

Did anyone read his coaches comments? Almost sounded defensive. Don't know why he'd care one way or another. IF one of his players goes to AL, AU, LSU or FL...he's going to a top SEC school, but he was determined to make ther statement that he was ONLY going to hang out...I just found it kind of odd that the high school coahc would want to put it staight and make a big deal about it.

I read the same thing and thought it was wierd. This coach seemed very pleased to tell the reporter that he was "only" going to visit Marks and to have a free trip. Why would it matter to him????

Sometime after his hire didn't Saban say something about "Being loyal and not visiting after their commitment"? I don't remember the exact quote.

"You shop and we shop"? He's pretty selective with that. Kind of like his discipline policy.

I read the same thing and thought it was wierd. This coach seemed very pleased to tell the reporter that he was "only" going to visit Marks and to have a free trip. Why would it matter to him????

Well, it is hard to get a check re-printed once you have a stop-payment put on it. Just sayin...

Well, it is hard to get a check re-printed once you have a stop-payment put on it. Just sayin...

Now that's some funny shizzit right there. True? Who knows? But, funny just the same.

Now that's some funny shizzit right there. True? Who knows? But, funny just the same.

As much as I would LOVE to claim some cheating Bammer conspiracy here, I think it's pretty cut and dry. Burton Scott is already 100 times more famous than whoever his coach is, and he feels important being able to rush to the media with this "inside info."

We have a few Bammer faithful on this board who are kinda the same way... :poke: <-- RWS

As much as I would LOVE to claim some cheating Bammer conspiracy here, I think it's pretty cut and dry. Burton Scott is already 100 times more famous than whoever his coach is, and he feels important being able to rush to the media with this "inside info."

We have a few Bammer faithful on this board who are kinda the same way... :poke: <-- RWS

yeah, i mean how could i POSSIBLY have ANY accurate information, right?

In the Mobile Paper this morning (Sunday)

Link:http://www.al.com/sports/press-register/index.ssf?/base/sports/1200219395205490.xml&coll=3

Scott said before his Auburn trip that he still expects to end up in Tuscaloosa, where he said the Tide is already developing an offensive package that features him at receiver, running back and even quarterback. Scott, who's been told he can have jersey No. 1 at Alabama, calls it the Uno Package.

"I do prefer offense first," said Scott, who had 2,394 all-purpose yards as a senior but has been projected by many as a defensive back and could still end up there. "Before the first time Nick Saban came down here, (Alabama) thought I would be a DB. But when he came and watched me practice, he decided I should be scoring touchdowns for them."

All he's waiting for now is Feb. 6. And maybe a couple more visits.

I'd watch prospects like this closely to make sure their objective is not to sway others away from us. ;)

In the Mobile Paper this morning (Sunday)

Link:http://www.al.com/sports/press-register/index.ssf?/base/sports/1200219395205490.xml&coll=3

Scott said before his Auburn trip that he still expects to end up in Tuscaloosa, where he said the Tide is already developing an offensive package that features him at receiver, running back and even quarterback. Scott, who's been told he can have jersey No. 1 at Alabama, calls it the Uno Package.

"I do prefer offense first," said Scott, who had 2,394 all-purpose yards as a senior but has been projected by many as a defensive back and could still end up there. "Before the first time Nick Saban came down here, (Alabama) thought I would be a DB. But when he came and watched me practice, he decided I should be scoring touchdowns for them."

All he's waiting for now is Feb. 6. And maybe a couple more visits.

I'd watch prospects like this closely to make sure their objective is not to sway others away from us. ;)

Saban - "Burton Scott, here's what we got for you. You're the fastest and strongest player I've ever seen. Even compared to the NFL guys. So, we're going to design a package that wins you the Heisman trophy four years in a row. Well, heh heh, three cause you'll be the 1st pick in the draft after your junior year. But here's what we got, you're going to be the whole team. This package will have you playing QB, RB, WR, CB, and SS. We've also got some tricks up our sleeve where you'll play DE, LB, and LT. You'll return punts and kickoffs, and we've got a special "game winning field goal" package where you'll kick the field goals whenever the field goal will win the game for us. You'll get the jersey with number 1, and this is known as the Uno Package. So, what'd you say?"

then when he signs...saban will be like, "uh, yeah about that uno package.....I've told Every recruit that's signing or has already signed that they could be that Uno player, so...we'll see."

then when he signs...saban will be like, "uh, yeah about that uno package.....I've told Every recruit that's signing or has already signed that they could be that Uno player, so...we'll see."

sorta like some of the things CTT told Blake Field i guess. "don't worry, you're our man next year B!" yeah, gotta hate when that happens.

sorta like some of the things CTT told Blake Field i guess. "don't worry, you're our man next year B!" yeah, gotta hate when that happens.

It would be exactly the same, except for the part where CTT never said that.

It would be exactly the same, except for the part where CTT never said that.

:roflol:

If you must visit, at least don't make stuff up.

Sounds more like the "ego" package than the "uno" package if you ask me...

But Saban's such a good disciplinarian, I'm sure he'll break him of that "prima donna" attitude right away. :rolleyes:

I can tell you personal experience that Saban goes above and beyond with his promises. He's a "very" good story teller. Only problem is he's throwing current players under the bus with his..we don't have playmakers..imagine what we could do with "real" playmakers...we have a defensive scheme just for you and this is how we would do it...The reason Dorsey is so good is that they are running the scheme I designed for him...No lie this is the kind of crap he's telling them. I have a family member who is a recruit and one that played for Saban so get used to it...the only problem is after 3-4 years it wears out and they all realize he's told every one the same thing and it's time to jump ship..my opinion take it for what it's worth.

• 2 weeks later...

Acording to Jeremy Crabtree from Rivals Scott was asked to leave after he actively tried to recruit for AL....he also ticked Marks off because they were suppose to be friends and used him..in his opinion.

Acording to Jeremy Crabtree from Rivals Scott was asked to leave after he actively tried to recruit for AL....he also ticked Marks off because they were suppose to be friends and used him..in his opinion.

Sounds like he has a lot of class ... the kind that will fit in perfectly at UAT.

fwiw, the Gainesville Sun retracted their story about this situation. Burton Scott also said in an interview with the Mobile Press Register that he was not asked to leave UF or AU early and that those reports were false....which would support why the Sun retracted their story. way to try and assist in trashing a kid's name though. :thumbsup:

fwiw, the Gainesville Sun retracted their story about this situation. Burton Scott also said in an interview with the Mobile Press Register that he was not asked to leave UF or AU early and that those reports were false....which would support why the Sun retracted their story. way to try and assist in trashing a kid's name though. :thumbsup:

I thought it was Julio Jones that the Gainesville Sun had to retract this story about. Or is this the standard story that is used for various recruits at various schools from that paper?

I thought it was Julio Jones that the Gainesville Sun had to retract this story about. Or is this the standard story that is used for various recruits at various schools from that paper?

you're right, it was JJ i'm not quite awake this morning and was mixing threads. but Burton Scott did say in his interview that he was not asked to leave AU early and JJ was not asked to leave UF early as some reported/rumored.

you're right, it was JJ i'm not quite awake this morning and was mixing threads. but Burton Scott did say in his interview that he was not asked to leave AU early and JJ was not asked to leave UF early as some reported/rumored.

And yet Bob Stoops told Scott "thanks, but no thanks." Hmmmm.

I wonder why.

Archived