Paraphrase from Rivals on Burton Scott

townhallsavoy

Not only are my comments not out of line they were appropriate. You are responding as a Bammer and you take offense. If you will notice I said "This does not necessarily reflect bad on Bama but on Burton Scott and who ever raised him." Maybe I was wrong and his actions do reflect on the Bammer mentality.

So you wouldn't have a problem with your son (if you had one) walking out without speaking to the coaches? How about if your son spent the night with a friend you would not have a problem with him leaving without telling his friends parents thank you?

What he said before hand matters nothing at all. If he can't look the coaches in the eye and tell them thanks for the visit and trip but I am staying with UaT.

It's called common courtesy. An area Burton Scott is obviously lacking in.

He didn't walk out. I just told you he sat down one on with both Franklin and CTT. He even went over to CTTs house and watched the Packers game with him.

You are projecting, because you hate Alabama.

I love the "inside info" that BG has on Auburn official visits. Between BG and RWS, we should know everything that happens in the recruiting sagas.

our "inside info" is alot better than Proud Tiger and Tigermike's "inside info" apparently.

Not only are my comments not out of line they were appropriate. You are responding as a Bammer and you take offense. If you will notice I said "This does not necessarily reflect bad on Bama but on Burton Scott and who ever raised him." Maybe I was wrong and his actions do reflect on the Bammer mentality.

So you wouldn't have a problem with your son (if you had one) walking out without speaking to the coaches? How about if your son spent the night with a friend you would not have a problem with him leaving without telling his friends parents thank you?

What he said before hand matters nothing at all. If he can't look the coaches in the eye and tell them thanks for the visit and trip but I am staying with UaT.

He didn't walk out. I just told you he sat down one on with both Franklin and CTT. He even went over to CTTs house and watched the Packers game with him.

I love the "inside info" that BG has on Auburn official visits. Between BG and RWS, we should know everything that happens in the recruiting sagas.

our "inside info" is alot better than Proud Tiger and Tigermike's "inside info" apparently.

No...BG's information that he got off of Rivals is accurate. There is a little difference when BG gets something off of a rivals premium site and you hear something from your sister's boy friend who is friends with JJ's coach that told you something...

Hey, he's an 18-yr-old kid. Whatever he did or didn't do, I see no reason for anyone getting their panties in a wad over a conceited ("my uno package") teenager.

Then maybe it's PT and Tigermike who should "calm down a little"...

I have stayed out of this conversation for one simple reason. You have absolutely no idea of good manners or decent behavior.

Apparently you have no idea what you are talking about, I never claimed any inside info.

No...BG's information that he got off of Rivals is accurate. There is a little difference when BG gets something off of a rivals premium site and you hear something from your sister's boy friend who is friends with JJ's coach that told you something...

1) i don't have a sister

2) the majority of the info i get is from people on the Foley team.

its not my problem you choose not to believe it because it isn't what you want to hear. i bet if i said today that JJ will be visiting AU next week, then you might want to believe that. but instead i told you guys that it wasn't going to happen and i got jumped all over. and guess what? its still not going to happen.

That is total BS. I have been in Auburn since last Friday. I know what Scott and the others did. You don't have a clue what you are talking about.

So you were with the recruits this weekend? Are you calling Burton Scott a liar? Do you have a link to backup your claim?

Why would he lie about something like that?

I just got home from Auburn this afternoon and saw this post. You are a real piece of work. I don't know why I bother responding to you but you made a post that was plain not true and all I said was it was BS. I stand by that. I can't give you a link but I can tell you I was at Tubs house while I was in Auburn and I can tell you Scott didn't go there. Take it or leave it. I don't give a crap.

By the way, when you get challenged and backed in a corner, you have a nasty habit of saying someone is lying. That's sometimes not a real smart thing to do.

Burton Scott and most of the other recruits did go over to Tuberville's house and watch the NFL game. This is coming from a former Tiger Host (me) who phoned one of the current Tiger Hosts to confirm what they did.

Maybe Scott wasn't there with the others, and my buddy didn't see the name tags correctly.

You surely know that a Tiger Host and a recruits official host are not the same. Scott's host was a current FB player.

Your two sentences contradict each other. The first says Scott was there, the second says maybe he wasn't. Which story do you want to stick with? :poke:

Burton Scott and most of the other recruits did go over to Tuberville's house and watch the NFL game. This is coming from a former Tiger Host (me) who phoned one of the current Tiger Hosts to confirm what they did.

Maybe Scott wasn't there with the others, and my buddy didn't see the name tags correctly.

You surely know that a Tiger Host and a recruits official host are not the same. Scott's host was a current FB player.

Your two sentences contradict each other. The first says Scott was there, the second says maybe he wasn't. Which story do you want to stick with? :poke:

The one story I told. I phoned a Tiger Host about something and also asked about the recruits going to Tuberville's house to watch an NFL game. He said they went. I asked if Burton Scott went. He said he was pretty sure he did.

The second part was me speculating on the story. Because my friend did not to the house, he either had no idea if Scott actually went or read the name tags wrong and thought someone who did go was Burton Scott when they really weren't.

I am definitely not taking sides here....but...I read the same article that BG read and it definitely said Scott went to Tubbs house. It also says he set down with Tony Franklin and, I believe, watched some film with him. I have no clue if Scott went or not, but when I read the article, I sure thought he went to Tubby's house also.

I am definitely not taking sides here....but...I read the same article that BG read and it definitely said Scott went to Tubbs house. It also says he set down with Tony Franklin and, I believe, watched some film with him. I have no clue if Scott went or not, but when I read the article, I sure thought he went to Tubby's house also.

I'm aware of what Rival's says. Are they always right? If BG had referenced Rivals in the beginning I wouldn't have called BS. But he said it as if he knew it for a fact.

The one story I told. I phoned a Tiger Host about something and also asked about the recruits going to Tuberville's house to watch an NFL game. He said they went. I asked if Burton Scott went. He said he was pretty sure he did.

The second part was me speculating on the story. Because my friend did not to the house, he either had no idea if Scott actually went or read the name tags wrong and thought someone who did go was Burton Scott when they really weren't.

Not picking at you but you should call Esquire and apply for a job. You would make a great attorney.

You use phrases (see red highlights) like "pretty sure", "speculating", "had no idea if he actually went", etc.

Let me just ask, are you saying Scott went to Tubs house or not? If you aren't sure what was the purpose of your post?

I'm aware of what Rival's says. Are they always right? If BG had referenced Rivals in the beginning I wouldn't have called BS. But he said it as if he knew it for a fact.

What in the WORLD are you talking about?

My FIRST post in this thread:

Your comments are way off and out of line. In his rivals interview today, he said that he tells every coach up front BEFORE his visit that he is commited to Alabama but would like to visit and see what the school has to offer. And that he is experiencing all his official visits because it is a once in a lifetime opportunity to be a recruit.

CTT knew ahead of time what was going on with Burton. But BJ was also curteous enough to spend time with Tony Franklin and listen to his pitch...and watch the Green Bay game with CTT at his house, and listen to his pitch.

I think everyone knew the score going in.

Bottom line, it was reported that the recruits went to CTTs house to watch the game. Burton Scott said he went to watch the game with CTT and described it in a way that would have been a VERY specific lie. Another person on this thread called a Tiger host and they confirmed exactly what Scott said.

You come on here with no point of reference except "you gotta take my word for it, that kid is lying"...and then (even though I never called you one) you accuse ME of calling YOU a liar.

Like Tigermike accusing Burton of having no manners, you, are out of line.

And as it seems in this case, misinformed.

If you are going to continue to misquote me, feel free to put me back on your ignore list.

Not picking at you but you should call Esquire and apply for a job. You would make a great attorney.

You use phrases (see red highlights) like "pretty sure", "speculating", "had no idea if he actually went", etc.

Let me just ask, are you saying Scott went to Tubs house or not? If you aren't sure what was the purpose of your post?

Not picking at you, but how can we be so sure you were at Tuberville's house? Sounds like a bunch of folly to me.

I was just reporting what I was told by someone who works with the recruits on their official visits. If you'd like to dispute how much time is spent between Tiger Hosts and recruits, I have first hand knowledge on the subject. There was a time a few years ago when Tiger Hosts actually went to Tuberville's house with the recruits. What's happening nowadays, I do not know. But, a friend of mine who worked the official visits last weekend, answered a simple question of mine.

He may have reported incorrectly. I'm not claiming to be the means of all inside information, which is why I don't act like it. I gave all the parts of the story. He said recruits went to Tuberville's house. He did not go. He said he was "pretty sure" Scott went. If, for some reason, Burton Scott actually did not go to Tuberville's house, then I covered exactly how my friend might have misconstrued the situation.

Hope this clearly explains everything for you.

I'm not even saying PT wasn't at CTT's house this weekend. But that doesn't mean he was there when the recruits were there. And it also doesn't mean the subject of recruits being there even came up.

And why in the WORLD would Burton Scott lie about something like this? He's not going to Auburn.

Not picking at you, but how can we be so sure you were at Tuberville's house?---you obviously can't but there are several people here who know me personally who would tell you I wouldn't say it if it weren't true. Trivia question....do you even know how many houses, etc., Tubs has?

Sounds like a bunch of folly to me. --it's a free country, believe what you like. I wasn't trying to impress you or anyone else so it doesn't really matter.

I was just reporting what I was told by someone who works with the recruits on their official visits. If you'd like to dispute how much time is spent between Tiger Hosts and recruits, I have first hand knowledge on the subject. There was a time a few years ago when Tiger Hosts actually went to Tuberville's house with the recruits.

What's happening nowadays, I do not know.---I came to that conclusion :big: Just kidding, couldn't resist.

But, a friend of mine who worked the official visits last weekend, answered a simple question of mine.

He may have reported incorrectly.--not saying he did. He said he "thought" he was accurate and that's fair enough to say.

I'm not claiming to be the means of all inside information, which is why I don't act like it. I gave all the parts of the story. He said recruits went to Tuberville's house. He did not go. He said he was "pretty sure" Scott went. If, for some reason, Burton Scott actually did not go to Tuberville's house, then I covered exactly how my friend might have misconstrued the situation.

Hope this clearly explains everything for you.--good enough. I've said too much already so it's a good place to end it. Burton Scott isn't worth the time we spent discussing a trivial point about him.

Hmm. Proud Tiger is an AU booster. Recruits were at Tub's house over the weekend. Proud Tiger was at Tub's house over the weekend.

AU booster was at Tub's house over the weekend while recruits were there?? This has the makings of a great internet rumor and possible infraction(s).

*exits to BOL*

Not picking at you, but how can we be so sure you were at Tuberville's house?---you obviously can't but there are several people here who know me personally who would tell you I wouldn't say it if it weren't true. Trivia question....do you even know how many houses, etc., Tubs has?

Sounds like a bunch of folly to me. --it's a free country, believe what you like. I wasn't trying to impress you or anyone else so it doesn't really matter.

I was just reporting what I was told by someone who works with the recruits on their official visits. If you'd like to dispute how much time is spent between Tiger Hosts and recruits, I have first hand knowledge on the subject. There was a time a few years ago when Tiger Hosts actually went to Tuberville's house with the recruits.

What's happening nowadays, I do not know.---I came to that conclusion :big: Just kidding, couldn't resist.

But, a friend of mine who worked the official visits last weekend, answered a simple question of mine.

He may have reported incorrectly.--not saying he did. He said he "thought" he was accurate and that's fair enough to say.

I'm not claiming to be the means of all inside information, which is why I don't act like it. I gave all the parts of the story. He said recruits went to Tuberville's house. He did not go. He said he was "pretty sure" Scott went. If, for some reason, Burton Scott actually did not go to Tuberville's house, then I covered exactly how my friend might have misconstrued the situation.

Hope this clearly explains everything for you.--good enough. I've said too much already so it's a good place to end it. Burton Scott isn't worth the time we spent discussing a trivial point about him.

Tuberville has more houses than I've ever had in my life - and I've moved a bunch.

Tuberville actually has more etc. than I've ever had in my life. That's how in-the-know I am.

And let bygones be bygones for Mr. Burton Scott. He'll make an excellent turd.

Hmm. Proud Tiger is an AU booster. Recruits were at Tub's house over the weekend. Proud Tiger was at Tub's house over the weekend.

AU booster was at Tub's house over the weekend while recruits were there?? This has the makings of a great internet rumor and possible infraction(s).

*exits to BOL*

Have fun my friend. Send the Nazis over. I would welcome the opportunity to talk to them about some things you probably wouldn't want them to hear. Maybe Saban and I will get to know each other first hand.

*exits to BOL*

I would welcome the opportunity to talk to them about some things you probably wouldn't want them to hear.

I've been lurking/posting on this site for 5/6 years. Trust me, I've heard and read it all.

I've been lurking/posting on this site for 5/6 years. Trust me, I've heard and read it all.

I will leave your virginity intact.

Too late. I lost it on the kitchen sink.

Ms. Davis?

Ms. Davis?

Who knows, but I'm betting on Fran.

Archived