Rudy One and Done

RunInRed

Well, if all I knew about it was what you just said it would. But I heard him explain his comments further and what he was referring to was teaching young children the difference between appropriate and inappropriate touching because he believes it would help protect them from pedophiles. So, no red flags raised for me.

Here's a link to CBN.com talking about it:

Democratic U.S. Senate nominee Barack Obama, addressing college students Tuesday in Lisle, moved to clarify that he does not support teaching explicit sex education to children in kindergarten.

The sex-education question, from a student who identified herself as being part of an anti-abortion group at Benedictine University, mirrors a charge Republican candidate Alan Keyes has leveled at Obama.

The legislation in question was a state Senate measure last year that aimed to update Illinois' sex education standards with "medically accurate" information. At one point, the legislation included a provision to allow students from kindergarten through fifth grade to be added to the middle and high school students receiving sex education.

Obama was chairman of the Senate committee that voted along party lines to move along the measure, which ultimately went nowhere.

"Nobody's suggesting that kindergartners are going to be getting information about sex in the way that we think about it," Obama said. "If they ask a teacher 'where do babies come from,' that providing information that the fact is that it's not a stork is probably not an unhealthy thing. Although again, that's going to be determined on a case by case basis by local communities and local school boards."

AND

OBAMA: Actually, that wasn't what I had in mind.

We have a existing law that mandates sex education in the schools. We want to make sure that it's medically accurate and age-appropriate.

Now, I'll give you an example, because I have a six-year-old daughter and a three-year-old daughter, and one of the things my wife and I talked to our daughter about is the possibility of somebody touching them inappropriately, and what that might mean.

And that was included specifically in the law, so that kindergarteners are able to exercise some possible protection against abuse, because I have family members as well as friends who suffered abuse at that age. So, that's the kind of stuff that I was talking about in that piece of legislation.

http://www.cbn.com/CBNnews/198169.aspx

I remembered him explaining that remark because I happened to be watching the debate between him and Alan Keyes during his Senate run. But a simple Google search helped me find this article to give you the link.

Well, if all I knew about it was what you just said it would. But I heard him explain his comments further and what he was referring to was teaching young children the difference between appropriate and inappropriate touching because he believes it would help protect them from pedophiles. So, no red flags raised for me.

Here's a link to CBN.com talking about it:

Democratic U.S. Senate nominee Barack Obama, addressing college students Tuesday in Lisle, moved to clarify that he does not support teaching explicit sex education to children in kindergarten.

The sex-education question, from a student who identified herself as being part of an anti-abortion group at Benedictine University, mirrors a charge Republican candidate Alan Keyes has leveled at Obama.

The legislation in question was a state Senate measure last year that aimed to update Illinois' sex education standards with "medically accurate" information. At one point, the legislation included a provision to allow students from kindergarten through fifth grade to be added to the middle and high school students receiving sex education.

Obama was chairman of the Senate committee that voted along party lines to move along the measure, which ultimately went nowhere.

"Nobody's suggesting that kindergartners are going to be getting information about sex in the way that we think about it," Obama said. "If they ask a teacher 'where do babies come from,' that providing information that the fact is that it's not a stork is probably not an unhealthy thing. Although again, that's going to be determined on a case by case basis by local communities and local school boards."

AND

OBAMA: Actually, that wasn't what I had in mind.

We have a existing law that mandates sex education in the schools. We want to make sure that it's medically accurate and age-appropriate.

Now, I'll give you an example, because I have a six-year-old daughter and a three-year-old daughter, and one of the things my wife and I talked to our daughter about is the possibility of somebody touching them inappropriately, and what that might mean.

And that was included specifically in the law, so that kindergarteners are able to exercise some possible protection against abuse, because I have family members as well as friends who suffered abuse at that age. So, that's the kind of stuff that I was talking about in that piece of legislation.

http://www.cbn.com/CBNnews/198169.aspx

I remembered him explaining that remark because I happened to be watching the debate between him and Alan Keyes during his Senate run. But a simple Google search helped me find this article to give you the link.

Thanks

Yeah, I remember doing a little :blink: when I first heard that remark from Obama. After I got clarification, I then agreed with him.

Rudy endorsing McCain sure does not help him get my vote now. Rudy was my least favorite of the GOP candidates right there with Ron Paul and Fred Thompson.

Yeah, Huckabee is who I am probably going to vote for Tuesday also. He was my second choice after Hunter anyway just because I think his principles line up better with mine more then the remaining candidates do. It also helped that Hunter endorsed him when he dropped out.

It is probably going to come down to McCain and Romney and I would pick McCain over Romney also just because I think McCain has the experience advantage with DC politics and also foreign policy. When all is said and done, I have a feeling I will be forced to vote for McCain in November.

maybe it's just me but does anyone think that Huckabee and McCain are alligning themselves together as a possible ticket?

I'm voting for Huckabee too btw. Just seems they sorta take up for each other sometimes in debates.

I was able to get into Brock Hall this past Saturday. I knew Hunter was endorcing Huckabee , but I had no idea Duncan Hunter would be there.

maybe it's just me but does anyone think that Huckabee and McCain are alligning themselves together as a possible ticket?

I'm voting for Huckabee too btw. Just seems they sorta take up for each other sometimes in debates.

I was able to get into Brock Hall this past Saturday. I knew Hunter was endorcing Huckabee , but I had no idea Duncan Hunter would be there.

I would not be unhappy about a McCain/Hunter ticket. Two proven combat vets from the Vietnam War running on the same ticket. One a squid and one a snake eater. Sweet!

I would not be unhappy about a McCain/Hunter ticket. Two proven combat vets from the Vietnam War running on the same ticket. One a squid and one a snake eater. Sweet!

Wouldn't that be bucking conventional wisdom and recent history by not having a southerner on the ticket?

Wouldn't that be bucking conventional wisdom and recent history by not having a southerner on the ticket?

Maybe they learned something from the dims in the last two presidential elections.

Archived